• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Dele Alli

He loves a nutmeg and an audacious flick. Good thing is he pulls them off a lot and does them in a low risk areas.

Very good start to his career. And I can see the media hype starting if he plays a blinder against any of the big boys in the near future.

Just seen the highlights. The kid looks like he could turn into a real coup for us. Also, was quite surprised by how tall he is, not unlike dembele in stature. For some reason I had thought of him as being a dainty little chap.

Dele Alli is currently providing that 'get off your seat' excitement when he's on the ball for me (and I agree about the Gerrard comparisons).

I wish he'd scored that chance near the end where he tried to pass it in. The way he kind of double-shifted inside was special imo.

Nice to see him standing up to that oppo player as well!

Rotating-golden-star.gif

Tottenham and ex MK Dons starlet Dele Alli has been labelled the ‘greatest player’ in the Championship club’s history by manager Karl Robinson.

The 19-year-old turned in a man-of-the-match display last night (September 17) and laid on an assist for fellow new signing Son Heung-Min.

Speaking ahead of his side’s clash with Leeds United this weekend, Robinson said: “I watched Tottenham play last night and a certain young man got man-of-the-match and now there is talk of him going for millions of pounds to other Premier League clubs. That’s what we’ve lost.

“I knew he would not got on loan and said he would be a success this season. He set a standard last year that was almost untouchable in his position.

“Dele is the greatest player we have ever had.”

Alli made his first league start in the club’s victory at Sunderland, and Robinson believes the midfielder is destined for success.

The MK Dons manager added: “He needs time to bed in to the culture of the Premier League but he ticks every box.

“He is tipped for great things – he just needs to stay away from injuries and keep his feet firmly on the ground and he’ll get all the success his ability deserves.”

His skill is outstanding, great vision, great strength, directness, and with experience he'll put all those together with devastating effect. Given his roostery attitude, I'm sure he has very high aspirations, so if we don't have a really competitive side in a couple years' time, I wouldn't be surprised to see him leaving for a bigger club. And imo, he's the one player I'd be devastated if we lose, more so than Hugo or Eriksen or Jan.

now there is talk of him going for millions of pounds to other Premier League clubs

What? Where? Who? Why?

He's obviously a great talent, and with great talent comes the obligation to play for the Sky Four. I'm sure there are stories under fabrication as we speak.

Obviously the second goal was fantastic from Alli, he dummied to shoot and put the defender on his backside and came inside, but then came the truly great bit... he used his two-footedness to shift it onto his left and shape to shoot again, sucking more defenders in towards him, and then laid it off to Son. If he hadn't shaped to shoot again the defenders would have found it much easier to deal with.

I love it when an attacker shapes to shoot and then does something else, as the defence have to commit, so it creates so much space. Should do it more often IMO.

Obviously the second goal was fantastic from Alli, he dummied to shoot and put the defender on his backside and came inside, but then came the truly great bit... he used his two-footedness to shift it onto his left and shape to shoot again, sucking more defenders in towards him, and then laid it off to Son. If he hadn't shaped to shoot again the defenders would have found it much easier to deal with.

I love it when an attacker shapes to shoot and then does something else, as the defence have to commit, so it creates so much space. Should do it more often IMO.

That's also a trick Son does so they compliment each other well

The ability to use both feet and that extra awareness is invaluable

Scary to say, but I think Alli potensially could be as good as Gerrard once was. His body will get stronger, and he will get the experience from playing a lot early in the career in the PL with us. If he can keep calm, not getting carried away with the hype... He's got all it takes to become a complete CM/AM.

Scary to say, but I think Alli potensially could be as good as Gerrard once was. His body will get stronger, and he will get the experience from playing a lot early in the career in the PL with us. If he can keep calm, not getting carried away with the hype... He's got all it takes to become a complete CM/AM.

He can be as good as he wants to be, as long as he keeps putting in the hard work and our coaches and manager support his development. He has confidence, he has the know how of when to play it simple and when to try tricks, he has the attacking instinct to find the right positions and he will work for the team. He is only young now, so I do not want to get carried away but his potential is huge. I'd like to see him start against Crystal Palace, I think he would deserve to.

Oh and one last point, if he doesn't get picked in the league team now, expect him to be the next 'Harry Kane'... ie, a player who gets so big in the Europa League that Pochettino can no longer ignore him. I'm unsure how we can effectively shuffle our pack, we have a strong array of attacking players and it's how we best use these players that matters most. I think we are going to see big seasons from Mason and Alli this year, certainly they have both put down early markers of what can be expected from them this season.

He can be as good as he wants to be, as long as he keeps putting in the hard work and our coaches and manager support his development. He has confidence, he has the know how of when to play it simple and when to try tricks, he has the attacking instinct to find the right positions and he will work for the team. He is only young now, so I do not want to get carried away but his potential is huge. I'd like to see him start against Crystal Palace, I think he would deserve to.

Oh and one last point, if he doesn't get picked in the league team now, expect him to be the next 'Harry Kane'... ie, a player who gets so big in the Europa League that Pochettino can no longer ignore him. I'm unsure how we can effectively shuffle our pack, we have a strong array of attacking players and it's how we best use these players that matters most. I think we are going to see big seasons from Mason and Alli this year, certainly they have both put down early markers of what can be expected from them this season.
I think you are right. I normally don't like to make a dramatic prediction on a player's career trajectory but for Alli the sky is the limit IMO (and not the Sky4 either). I'm expecting in the next half-dozen matches or so this guy will make himself almost un-droppable.

This crop of young players we have at the club is as good as I can remember. In another age where there were no carbon circle clubs we would be well on the road to developing a title wining side, but with the money that's sloshing around now amongst the top clubs I'm not sure we can 'grow' our own team. Who knows though?

Last edited:
Back