• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Dejan Kulusevski

Not one to jump.on player (recently) but his performances are a concern for me now. Long gone seems the player who was a direct runner and take on a shot, seems to be contributing to a real slowing down of the game at times

To me, it really feels like so many of our attacks just die when he gets on the ball. I think he has some important qualities -- hard woking mainly, so I think I'd rather him in CM (backup to Maddison?) and have someone more direct like Johnson at RW. Even though we know Johnson has struggled at times, I feel like he adds something that stretches teams.

Not one to jump.on player (recently) but his performances are a concern for me now. Long gone seems the player who was a direct runner and take on a shot, seems to be contributing to a real slowing down of the game at times

I know what you mean. Can’t pick my finger on why as he’s still contributing goals and assists but he’s not the same swashbuckling player he was when we signed him. He looked unplayable during those first 6 months. Ties in to the problem we have of none of the forwards looking anywhere near the same level as Son.

I know what you mean. Can’t pick my finger on why as he’s still contributing goals and assists but he’s not the same swashbuckling player he was when we signed him. He looked unplayable during those first 6 months. Ties in to the problem we have of none of the forwards looking anywhere near the same level as Son.
I actually think he is a great alternative to Madders centrally as he can go both ways and is strong, he likes those slide balls into channels too. Our wide? Not convinced anymore

To me, it really feels like so many of our attacks just die when he gets on the ball. I think he has some important qualities -- hard woking mainly, so I think I'd rather him in CM (backup to Maddison?) and have someone more direct like Johnson at RW. Even though we know Johnson has struggled at times, I feel like he adds something that stretches teams.
Agree pal

Thing is

When he actually takes on players he beats them.
When he uses his right foot it's generally decent.

He just seems to no want to do the things he's capable of doing until we go a goal down/have a half time team talk.

He's not alone in that regard, seems to be some psychological block. Different players, same Tottenham.

Agreed, he'll get the ball in space, allow the left back to front him up, cut inside onto his left boot and seem amazed there are now 6 players between him and the goal. Every. Time.

Thing is

When he actually takes on players he beats them.
When he uses his right foot it's generally decent.

He just seems to no want to do the things he's capable of doing until we go a goal down/have a half time team talk.

He's not alone in that regard, seems to be some psychological block. Different players, same Tottenham.
He's definitely not alone.

And we (Tottenham) are definitely not alone in this happening.

I think what you're asking is an important part of what Ange is asking of the team. Play with risk, try to take charge of the game and individual situations, make something happen.

We have a lot of players who are very capable of that when on form and we're playing well as a team. Doing that when things aren't flowing, when things aren't really clicking into place is a difficult thing. Very human thing to then choose the safer option more often, pass the responsibility on to someone else, wait for the better opportunity to arise.

Some of that is obviously desirable, but too much and we become stale.

Perhaps an area where we lack a bit of leadership on the pitch?

Think we all want to see this guy back. Most of these goals are on the break, so it maybe makes it even more important for us to go 1-0 up against a low block, rather than wait for them to score before we pull our finger out.

Think we all want to see this guy back. Most of these goals are on the break, so it maybe makes it even more important for us to go 1-0 up against a low block, rather than wait for them to score before we pull our finger out.
He definitely thrives more on the break.

He's also a great hold up player in those more end to end kind of games.

Needs to up his game when we dominate and dominate against a low block. Still relatively early in that regard, somewhat new role, very different system, has been an injury plagued season with the overall performance of the team fluctuating. He's a fairly young player too. Think there's a chance he steps up in that regard.

Yeah, bit of an up and down game for him perhaps. But what he does with combination play wide to progress the ball through pressure is at times fantastic and none of our other wide players are at that level in that regard. But at the same time struggling to get past his man at times, bit indecisive at times.

Good to have competition, but also good to see Kulusevski show some of his best qualities. Good times.

I won't paste the whole article, just the link.
Really good to hear from him; I do enjoy these insights into a player's background, their mindset and what has forged them

Last edited:
Yeah, bit of an up and down game for him perhaps. But what he does with combination play wide to progress the ball through pressure is at times fantastic and none of our other wide players are at that level in that regard. But at the same time struggling to get past his man at times, bit indecisive at times.

Good to have competition, but also good to see Kulusevski show some of his best qualities. Good times.

Weird game, 1st half he was our worst player by some distance, 2nd half was still not great, but directly involved in the goals.

He does a shift, he has important moments but I still see him as the current starter with most risk to his starting spot.

Love this

That’s why that Chelsea game back in November was so special.

Maybe it’s weird to talk about a game that we lost, especially when we just beat Villa away, but that Chelsea game said so much about what we are trying to do. When it was half-time and 1–1, Ange was very calm. Romero had been sent off, but he didn’t tell us to sit back and defend. He just said, “We know who we are.”

Then Destiny got a red card, and things got very difficult. I know that a lot of people thought we were crazy for playing such a high line with nine men.

We were naive. We were sexy.

But you know what I remember from that game?

I remember the moments near the end when we almost made it 2–2. I remember Vicario saving shots with an energy that was bigger than the entire stadium. I remember that we kept attacking, and not because Ange had told us to, because when Destiny got sent off he had no way of talking to all of us. No, we kept attacking because we felt it was the right thing to do.

Ange was proud of that. We never stopped being us.

But my favourite moment was after the game. When we had lost 4–1, and we went over to the fans. You didn’t boo us. You didn’t whistle us.

You applauded us.

You understood what it meant.

Yes, we had lost a game.

But we won in life.

I won't paste the whole article, just the link.
Really good to hear from him; I do enjoy these insights into a player's background, their mindset and what has forged them

The article is top class.

He may have ups and down with us, form can come and go, but you know he’ll never not give 100% for us. You can’t ask for more

Love this

That’s why that Chelsea game back in November was so special.

Maybe it’s weird to talk about a game that we lost, especially when we just beat Villa away, but that Chelsea game said so much about what we are trying to do. When it was half-time and 1–1, Ange was very calm. Romero had been sent off, but he didn’t tell us to sit back and defend. He just said, “We know who we are.”

Then Destiny got a red card, and things got very difficult. I know that a lot of people thought we were crazy for playing such a high line with nine men.

We were naive. We were sexy.

But you know what I remember from that game?

I remember the moments near the end when we almost made it 2–2. I remember Vicario saving shots with an energy that was bigger than the entire stadium. I remember that we kept attacking, and not because Ange had told us to, because when Destiny got sent off he had no way of talking to all of us. No, we kept attacking because we felt it was the right thing to do.

Ange was proud of that. We never stopped being us.

But my favourite moment was after the game. When we had lost 4–1, and we went over to the fans. You didn’t boo us. You didn’t whistle us.

You applauded us.

You understood what it meant.

Yes, we had lost a game.

But we won in life.
Came in here to post this, that's exactly how I saw that game and I'm still proud of what we did that night. Warriors!!

Back