• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Dejan Kulusevski

He obviously wasn't as good as is made out, which i think is often tongue in cheek, but had his positives - i think he was a pretty clever player and off the bench yesterday instead of Gil and we likely see the game out, we'd have won free kicks and kept the ball higher. We rarely dropped points once he was brought on in matches iirc

He's off form

And it's going to be interesting because I think this side is getting better. If Johnson gets a good run of form, with Son, Werner & Richi as options and midfield full again, he may struggle to get his starting space. Which is as it should be.

He's off form

And it's going to be interesting because I think this side is getting better. If Johnson gets a good run of form, with Son, Werner & Richi as options and midfield full again, he may struggle to get his starting space. Which is as it should be.
and if you believe the rumour one of Neto/Rafinia coming in in the summer

he's so talented but i think he holds on far too long and should be given the option to cut in and shoot which he used to do quite effectively.
maybe he is simply exhausted - he's been asked to do a lot since that chelsea game.

he's so talented but i think he holds on far too long and should be given the option to cut in and shoot which he used to do quite effectively.
maybe he is simply exhausted - he's been asked to do a lot since that chelsea game.
I think exhaustion is a very real possibility. Asked to do a lot, has done a lot as in always working really hard for the team. And doing those things when the team as a whole hasn't been exactly fully flying.

I think he will return to form, I also think there could easily come even more from him than we've seen so far under Ange. When on form and in a team playing well the holding on to the ball thing isn't really an issue imo.

Don't kill me on this, but I feel certain players are exhausted from playing nearly every game (Kulu, Porro, Udogie etc) and I expect them to get injured soon... I would rather they train LESS and are concentrating on stretches and mental tactics etc rather than putting more miles in their legs.
We are seeing it in every squad this year, tired players getting injured.

And note this is without any cup games, we would have been utterly screwed with cup games, so we need to do something pretty big in the summer because we WILL definitely have a lot of injuries again next year (hint, don't keep talking about the first eleven or your favourite eleven since it will almost never happen).

Think most sane fans like kulu. Nobody wants to get rid. It's just we want to improve thesquad to a level that we can win the league. Yes we can upgrade the likes of hojbjerg, sess, skipp, forster. But lets face it. A world class attacker is far more exciting. We all remember when we signed klinnsmann, lineker and van der vart. It gives you the feeling this season might be different.

It's human nature to want more. Does that mean we underappreciate what we have? Probably. But until we are winning trophies consistently, it is what it is.

To @Lilbaz's comment, most Spurs fans appreciate Deki

That said, this is an utter fudging useless stat

- Kulu -> 46 chances, 21 games, 5 goals, 2 assists, 63rd percentile re assists per 90 (average?)
- Salah -> 46 chances, 20 games, 14 goals, 8 assists, 98th percentile re assists per 90 (elite)

And they play in the same position, it's such flimflam to try to defend Deki by comparing him to Salah, not even close ..

Chance created just means pass that leads to a shot iirc, it makes no distinction between a shot that was a good chance to score or one which was just a hopeful punt - so by itself it's not the greatest measure of creativity.

I think that the expected assists (xA?) stat weights the number of chances vs the quality of chance created - so is a bit more telling.

- Kulu -> 46 chances, 21 games, 5 goals, 2 assists, 63rd percentile re assists per 90 (average?)
- Salah -> 46 chances, 20 games, 14 goals, 8 assists, 98th percentile re assists per 90 (elite)

And they play in the same position, it's such flimflam to try to defend Deki by comparing him to Salah, not even close ..
Equally useless to your stat....
How is it Kulu's fault that Liverpool are better at converting the chances Salah create?

Salah would be more like son in the at we play

Equally useless to your stat....
How is it Kulu's fault that Liverpool are better at converting the chances Salah create?

You think Nunez, Diaz & Jota are better at converting chances than Son & Richarlison?

The stat is trying to create some equivalence between Salah & Kulu, and it makes no sense, and that doesn't meant Kulu is brick, just a very bad comparison, Salah is an elite level player

To @Bedfordspurs point, Salah is a more a Son player, would you really believe any stat that says Kulu is better/equal to Son?

You think Nunez, Diaz & Jota are better at converting chances than Son & Richarlison?

The stat is trying to create some equivalence between Salah & Kulu, and it makes no sense, and that doesn't meant Kulu is brick, just a very bad comparison, Salah is an elite level player

To @Bedfordspurs point, Salah is a more a Son player, would you really believe any stat that says Kulu is better/equal to Son?
I'm reading the stats how they are. You are adding opinions to them.
Same amount of chances created, Salah has 8 assist from that, that puts him in the 98th percentile, Kulu has 2, putting him in the 63rd. Alas, Liverpool have converted more of the chances.

Neither stat shows what type of chances are created.

I'm reading the stats how they are. You are adding opinions to them.
Same amount of chances created, Salah has 8 assist from that, that puts him in the 98th percentile, Kulu has 2, putting him in the 63rd. Alas, Liverpool have converted more of the chances.

Neither stat shows what type of chances are created.

You have added an opinion

Liverpool conversion of xG is +0.18, Spurs is +0.34
So, we are significantly better at converting chances

The logical assumption (and yes, this is opinion, could dig more data) is Salah simply creates much better opportunities than Kulu

Anecdotally do you really disagree?

Back