• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Dejan Kulusevski

Love this

That’s why that Chelsea game back in November was so special.

Maybe it’s weird to talk about a game that we lost, especially when we just beat Villa away, but that Chelsea game said so much about what we are trying to do. When it was half-time and 1–1, Ange was very calm. Romero had been sent off, but he didn’t tell us to sit back and defend. He just said, “We know who we are.”

Then Destiny got a red card, and things got very difficult. I know that a lot of people thought we were crazy for playing such a high line with nine men.

We were naive. We were sexy.

But you know what I remember from that game?

I remember the moments near the end when we almost made it 2–2. I remember Vicario saving shots with an energy that was bigger than the entire stadium. I remember that we kept attacking, and not because Ange had told us to, because when Destiny got sent off he had no way of talking to all of us. No, we kept attacking because we felt it was the right thing to do.

Ange was proud of that. We never stopped being us.

But my favourite moment was after the game. When we had lost 4–1, and we went over to the fans. You didn’t boo us. You didn’t whistle us.

You applauded us.

You understood what it meant.

Yes, we had lost a game.

But we won in life.
I honestly think we were the better side even with 9 men. If Richie had bagged that equaliser I imagine there season would have been absolutely totaled.

Performance-wise, he's still a long way from where he needs to be in my opinion, but you can really see why Ange likes him. He's got a great attitude and seems very mature. A great character for the squad. Sounds like he would really love Ange's stories about his Dad.

If he can get back to the first 12 months-levels of production, he'll be huge for us.

Last edited:
I really think he is underated by some of our fans, he is not as flamboyant as some of our players ( Maddison, Sarr etc) but his work rate is as good as any player and he is always likely to add a bit of magic to our game.

I really think he is underated by some of our fans, he is not as flamboyant as some of our players ( Maddison, Sarr etc) but his work rate is as good as any player and he is always likely to add a bit of magic to our game.
I would say it's more frustration when he doesn't perform consistently to the level of ability we know he has?

He's a phenomenal player with massive ability, there's no denying that. Personally though I think his recent performances have been frustrating and that's despite providing assists.

Hard to explain fully, but I just think there's even more to come from him once he finds consistency in his overall involvement during the course of a 90-100 minute match.

I agree. Just want to see him produce that magic more often (again).

I think he has it in him, but not as natural a fit to this system as some of our other players. May take a bit of time, but he has a lot of quality and is still fairly young so I think he'll get even better than he already is.

I would say it's more frustration when he doesn't perform consistently to the level of ability we know he has?

He's a phenomenal player with massive ability, there's no denying that. Personally though I think his recent performances have been frustrating and that's despite providing assists.

Hard to explain fully, but I just think there's even more to come from him once he finds consistency in his overall involvement during the course of a 90-100 minute match.

You may be right for some but i have heard the crowd at some games who slag him off and want him dropped. Any good/great team has a mixture of players who offer different things and imo he works harder then most of our players and is always likely to produce a bit of magic ( which he has shown on many occasions).

As for the more to come i do not disagree at all but he is still fairly young (24) so lets hope so.

He makes an impact, he puts in a shift, but to your point, he hasn't found his consistency, and he hasn't worked out the variety in his game to keep him unpredictable for defenders (consistently)

There is a recent interview with him where he acknowledges the best players are those that keep their performances consistently high.

I think where the fans get moany (to @parklane1's point) is we for the first time actually have options when he isn't playing well, and that player (Johnson on right) is visually more exciting.

Deki needs to keep improving, be consistent, let the competition push him, clearly Ange trusts him.

Reactions: jrh
Has to be dropped surely? He has only been subbed twice all season, has Ange shagged his misses or something?

Don't doubt his qualities, just simply doesn't look like an Ange type winger to me - or anyone's type of winger for that matter. Now he is very much a known quantity in terms of what he looks to do on the ball and he doesn't have explosive speed to beat his full back he often looks ordinary. Someone who offers pace and width is what's required, think he'd be far better suited centrally...

Last edited:
Agreed he needs to be dropped/rested.
He's looking incredibly easy to defend against at the moment.
I like him, and he’s got some strengths, but I do struggle to understand how a professional player can be so one footed.

I like him, and he’s got some strengths, but I do struggle to understand how a professional player can be so one footed.
It's not the one footedness that gets me (many players are one footed, especially right footers), it's the decision making.

Far too often he holds on to the ball for a few more seconds past when he shook off and gets tackled or his pass/shot gets blocked. I do find that incredibly infuriating because you can see it in real time that this is the moment to pass or shoot.

Tbh I haven’t noticed he’s particularly one footed. Certainly not Lamela or GLC level. He has scored with his right foot and isn’t afraid to use it. In general I don’t think he’s kicked on since his initial 6 month spell. Inclined to agree that central may be better for him. Not quick enough to be a winger but good on the ball and good at holding it up when we need to manage the game (see Luton away).

Tbh I haven’t noticed he’s particularly one footed. Certainly not Lamela or GLC level. He has scored with his right foot and isn’t afraid to use it. In general I don’t think he’s kicked on since his initial 6 month spell. Inclined to agree that central may be better for him. Not quick enough to be a winger but good on the ball and good at holding it up when we need to manage the game (see Luton away).

Why do you think he goes inside?

He was poor again off the bench, he's going to have to work really hard to get back in

Back