• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Dejan Kulusevski

Having seen both of the pre-season games (yes I realise they're only pre-season), but I have to say we look far more effective with a right-footed player on the right wing than we have with Kulu there.

Both Devine and Solomon looked far more effective and dangerous when they were on the right. Kulu constantly cutting back onto his left, particularly against a packed defence, was simply too easy to defend against. There were several times Kane made runs into the 6 yard box to receive a first time pass, but it all slowed down as Kulu had to cut back and the few times he did cross with his right they were feeble.
I was watching most of each match and I tend to agree with what you're saying. Kulu did make the pass to Sarr for the penalty, and some of those passes were coming in off his right boot so he's not completely one-footed at least. When Kulu was playing well, he seemed to be wide and playing right up to the byline, then moving it horizontally after beating a man and making a simple cutback to one of our onrushing players. Ange definitely has him pushing out wide, just needs to improve on his form from last season.

Thought he had a great 2nd half today, looked Like he was/is getting back his form that he showed during his first season here.

I hope that you’re right. I expect us to play Pedro Porro right back and Kulusevski at right wing next Sunday. Kulusevski will need to work hard to cover for Porro’s attacking plays but Porro provides great attacking returns and seems like we’re playing on the front foot this season.

Thought he had a great 2nd half today, looked Like he was/is getting back his form that he showed during his first season here.
Definitely got better as the game went on. Still needs to not force things but he had an influence on the match. Needs to be wise and not always try to force a shot on goal. With that said, he is young and has a good mentality.

Also need to keep in mind that we paid for him this summer, so in terms of funds, his transfer might have put a dent in our funds that we forget to realize.

Definitely got better as the game went on. Still needs to not force things but he had an influence on the match. Needs to be wise and not always try to force a shot on goal. With that said, he is young and has a good mentality.

Also need to keep in mind that we paid for him this summer, so in terms of funds, his transfer might have put a dent in our funds that we forget to realize.

Do not disagree but in fairness to him he had a few injurys last season which held him back. The mentality thing is important he was trying things in the first half which really did not work but he kept at it and really stood out ( imo) as the game went on. That to me shows his mentality is good.

Do not disagree but in fairness to him he had a few injurys last season which held him back. The mentality thing is important he was trying things in the first half which really did not work but he kept at it and really stood out ( imo) as the game went on. That to me shows his mentality is good.
I like him a lot and want him to be successful. I just want to be cautious as I’ve seen so many players regress and not revert back to their original form. I’m glad we decided to sign him and hope he keeps on improving. And also that he can stay injury free.

They were, not sure i want to see Son stay out wide as much though it looked to be he may have been told to play that way though.
I thought the same thing watching the match with Son out wide early but he ended up in the box quite often and did really well. Didn’t give the ball away as much and delivered some great crosses and passes. Udogie should’ve done better with the chance Son gave him. They seem to play on the same wavelength though, whereas Perisic never seemed to have that with Son.

The mentality thing is important he was trying things in the first half which really did not work but he kept at it and really stood out ( imo) as the game went on. That to me shows his mentality is good.

https://www.football.london/tottenh...ottenham-ange-postecoglou-kulusevski-27471049

Spurs fans, and the player himself, will be hoping that he can get back to his previous heights after contributing with five goals and eight assists in 18 games.

"I know exactly what he wants from me," he said. "He wants me to attack the box much more when the balls are on the side and when I have the ball just go all the time and don't care if I lose it. Just keep going.

"I always have a target but I just to play the game on the right and then everything will come. Today I did two assists: I'm very happy because usually when I start making those, the goals come after. So I'm very satisfied."

I do wonder whether Ange will ever consider playing Kulu alongside Maddison (or in place of him is he’s out). With Perisic/Solomon/Porro out wide. Without an overlapping full-back it does feel like we lack penetration down that right side with Kulu always cutting in.

He came up against a really underrated FB in Rico Henry... he lacked invention and looked isolated playing on the flank with Emerson ... I think porro should have been given a chance at 60 mins ...

I do wonder whether Ange will ever consider playing Kulu alongside Maddison (or in place of him is he’s out). With Perisic/Solomon/Porro out wide. Without an overlapping full-back it does feel like we lack penetration down that right side with Kulu always cutting in.
Way too predictable too and with nothing to show for it. Kulu’s danger can come from beating his man on the byline and then driving it down and cutting it back. He did that at least once today but he didn’t really provide any width and Brentford could keep their compact defensive shape. They did defend well so credit to them, but Kulik needs to have a few more tools in his box IMO.

Not at his best today but at 23 he is still settling in to a new country and lge, and he has had to ovecome a injury and is still getting back to full fitness. He will come good.

Honestly, his future is in the middle. He himself once said it in an interview, iirc - he wants to transition into a 10 long term, and I think he'd be brilliant at it. But he lacks the pace to be an outright winger - he can still regularly get past his man in tight spaces, which is what surprised people when he first burst on to the scene and gave him such success. But opponents have figured him out down the right, and he lacks the pace to be able to counter that.

Not a failing of his, just a limitation which we can address with a tactical shift. I hope Postecoglou plays him alongside Maddison at some point.

Wingers like him never look good against a 5 man defence
There is no room for them to move
Brentford always play 5-3-2
And even the 2 sit deep and run, fast
Their back 3 never leave their area so again it limits any space
Kulu was in his own against 2 men all game
It gave us the extra man in midfield with royal coming in regularly
But it also meant the box was crowded for Richarlson
We will see the real side of both players in a few weeks against Bournemouth who will try to play football

Back