• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Dejan Kulusevski

So he says he wishes things could have been finalised sooner but he understands that with the change in manager things took a bit longer.
Seems perfectly reasonable to me.
First of all Levi could have lost Kulusevski over 5m euros. Second, he could have held an extensive talk with Deki. From Kulusevski's quote, I doubt that he did, the player saying în numerous quotes în the past, not just this one, that he didnt know what will happen and he was worried about his future. A worried player, with an outside bid, is more prone to accept that bid. I trust that Deki knows best what happened and him saying that things should have been clearer means another miss on Levi's part. All for 5m euros. As for Ange, sure the manager needs to give the go ahead, but Ange has agreed to join 2 weeks ago. Surely a matter of this importance was discussed very early on. Yet Levi dragged it for the 5m euros for a week. He didnt drag it for a week for Ange's go ahead, that was settled or should have been în the first week, he dragged it and could have lost Deki for the 5m euros.

First of all Levi could have lost Kulusevski over 5m euros. Second, he could have held an extensive talk with Deki. From Kulusevski's quote, I doubt that he did, the player saying în numerous quotes în the past, not just this one, that he didnt know what will happen and he was worried about his future. A worried player, with an outside bid, is more prone to accept that bid. I trust that Deki knows best what happened and him saying that things should have been clearer means another miss on Levi's part. All for 5m euros. As for Ange, sure the manager needs to give the go ahead, but Ange has agreed to join 2 weeks ago. Surely a matter of this importance was discussed very early on. Yet Levi dragged it for the 5m euros for a week. He didnt drag it for a week for Ange's go ahead, that was settled or should have been în the first week, he dragged it and could have lost Deki for the 5m euros.
Anything else you can reveal, being so close to the ins and the outs of the deal?

It's amazing how when you want to whinge about the club, people can find almost anything to whinge about....

Anything else you can reveal, being so close to the ins and the outs of the deal?

It's amazing how when you want to whinge about the club, people can find almost anything to whinge about....
Look, if it wasnt about the 5m euro, why didnt Levi just trigger the clause after Ange's go ahead?

I think the recent comments lapping up a 5m saving is indeed cutting it both ways. For years Levy has been criticized for penny pinching and not offering what fans think is reasonable based on media reports, so it’s only fair and in the interest of balance that it gets pointed out when he seems to have saved the club money.

re Mount, I don’t think I’d pay 25m personally!
Levy has always been given credit for "saving on transfers" this is nothing new. Remember the glee the fans had when we gave a desperate Southampton more money earlier than was scheduled so that they reduced the total fee owed? Or that time he was lauded for making money on I think it was a keeper transferring and we had some weird deal where even though we never actually signed him we got a cut of the transfer fee. I wish I could remember who this was or which club it involved, but anyway the point is Levy has for years been credited for the good deals and the bad. Thats how it works, he will get the credit and the blame. That is the balance.

Levy has always been given credit for "saving on transfers" this is nothing new. Remember the glee the fans had when we gave a desperate Southampton more money earlier than was scheduled so that they reduced the total fee owed? Or that time he was lauded for making money on I think it was a keeper transferring and we had some weird deal where even though we never actually signed him we got a cut of the transfer fee. I wish I could remember who this was or which club it involved, but anyway the point is Levy has for years been credited for the good deals and the bad. Thats how it works, he will get the credit and the blame. That is the balance.
I agree, that is balance. That’s not what the post I replied to was suggesting was happening though. It was that Levy was being applauded for saving money, but that when he seemingly under offered that it was the fans being stupid for believing rumours.

i don’t think that’s what happens at all.

Could he?
How?
We had a contract
We negotiated
We got the player for 5m euros less
How is that dragging it?
Player was under contract until end of June with us on his loan

You are referring to Begovic
From Portsmouth

I agree, that is balance. That’s not what the post I replied to was suggesting was happening though. It was that Levy was being applauded for saving money, but that when he seemingly under offered that it was the fans being stupid for believing rumours.

i don’t think that’s what happens at all.

Every time we don't conclude a deal instantly the same crap about penny pinching and Levy interfering gets trotted out. It gets tiresome.

Look, if it wasnt about the 5m euro, why didnt Levi just trigger the clause after Ange's go ahead?
Wasn’t the original clause obligatory if we qualified for the Champions League? So it would have been a whole new round of negotiations which take time. Rather than thinking the worst, why not look at it for what it is? A business deal where the seller is desperate to sell. Do you think the first thing Levy spoke to Ange about when he got to Hotspur way was who he wants to keep and let go? That won’t happen properly until he has seen the majority. As for Kulu, didn’t someone say his loan deal was until the end of June? So we had plenty of time to negotiate a new deal, I don’t see why you are getting on your high horse about it other than clearly wanting a reason to have a pop at Levy.

Easy to say "all for 5m euros" but in a season where we won't have the TV or prize money for European games, that €5M could fund wage increases for some players, or go towards the transfer budget. It's likely a situation Levy barely contemplated, if at all, at the start of last season. I appreciate Deki may have wanted to know sooner, but I don't recall any particular rumours that he was looking elsewhere.
There may be some valid things to criticise Levy over, but I don't see this as one of them. Certainly not to call him a clown over it.

Wasn’t the original clause obligatory if we qualified for the Champions League? So it would have been a whole new round of negotiations which take time. Rather than thinking the worst, why not look at it for what it is? A business deal where the seller is desperate to sell. Do you think the first thing Levy spoke to Ange about when he got to Hotspur way was who he wants to keep and let go? That won’t happen properly until he has seen the majority. As for Kulu, didn’t someone say his loan deal was until the end of June? So we had plenty of time to negotiate a new deal, I don’t see why you are getting on your high horse about it other than clearly wanting a reason to have a pop at Levy.
His loan was until end of June
The automatic trigger was CL
Without that we had the option to trigger it for a pre agreed sum
We negotiated that sum down
It’s business
It’s literally what was done to us for Porro last season … we had to pay more fees than we wanted to get him

Back