• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Dejan Kulusevski

There's not much difference between the two - 4-2-3-1 is a bit more possession based with the #10 a bit higher, whereas 4-3-3 is more counter attacking. But you can effectively do both at the same time.

A lot of people have said Kulu's long term position would be as a 10. And if Postie likes direct WFs, that also enables that.

I don't think we'll sign a higher calibre AM than Kulu this summer, not with needing to strengthen 3/4 positions.
4-3–3 is more possession based
That’s the design of it
And even more so in Anges
Which is 4-1-2-3

He looked good in the "10" role against Brentford, in the 60's when the 424 system fell out of favour lots of wingers changed into that role successfully.

That’s the design of it
Which is 4-1-2-3
It gives us lots of options.
The 1 will be a sitter, defensive minded. Even better if they can pass - like Carrick used to do.
In the two you need a box to box player - that'll probably be Bentancur and Bissouma and Skipp could both develop into an option there or alongside.

The remaining one will push up more in possession, especially because the full backs come up and narrow into the half spaces in possession to create a 2-1-3-1-3
Kulu could definitely be an option in the attacking role of the central three and also wide right. He has the skills for both and will move the opposition around

That’s the design of it
Which is 4-1-2-3

It's a slight tweak, but this isn't much different/still looks exciting

------------------Bisssouma----------------
----------Kulusevski------Bentancur------
--Porro------------Kane---------------Son

It's a slight tweak, but this isn't much different/still looks exciting

------------------Bisssouma----------------
----------Kulusevski------Bentancur------
--Porro------------Kane---------------Son

We'll sign a proper number 8, whether Maddison or someone else, and Kulu will compete with Porro for the RW position

Not convinced that Bisouma will fill the deep role either

We'll sign a proper number 8, whether Maddison or someone else, and Kulu will compete with Porro for the RW position

Not convinced that Bisouma will fill the deep role either
Scott would be perfect to rotate/compete with Kulu in the 8 - it also takes the pressure off him to be an instant starter

I think Richarlison will be used much more on the right as Porro's alternative. With only 1 game a week we'll need to give decent minutes to all 5/6 attackers to keep them sharp

I think we'll sign players like him (and Bentancur) in a sense that they might not be the most glamerous looking signings when they happen, but which we hope will perform like those two when they do join

Let’s hope so. Players who have great control of a football. If we can sign early 20s players who already have elite technical skills then we are on the right path.

Scott would be perfect to rotate/compete with Kulu in the 8 - it also takes the pressure off him to be an instant starter

I think Richarlison will be used much more on the right as Porro's alternative. With only 1 game a week we'll need to give decent minutes to all 5/6 attackers to keep them sharp
GHod I hope not
Richralison can’t play right
Looks lost there

GHod I hope not
Looks lost there

I think with the nature of the football Ange plays which requires more form the front 3 means he will get chances all season and likely in his preferred areas. With Deki and Porro I don't see us having to scratch around to find places for him to play like Conte did because he would not drop Son, opportunities will present themselves, the high press and explosive nature of his football means there will be plenty of rotation, forced or otherwise IMO

I don't agree on either points.

Any other players who you want to re-position? Forster as a target man?

GHod I hope not
Looks lost there
It's the last position we need him to play.

He'll get plenty of minutes as the main front man as he has the energy to press and give Kane a rest (or Kane to play slightly deeper). Or in Sons spot on the left, either to give Son a rest or to push Som thru the middle.

I think we have good options and with other requirements more urgent, can live with what we have if need be. I'll keep Gil btw, flexible across the front and a perfect type of player from the bench.

Last edited:
It's the last position we need him to play.

He'll get plenty of minutes as the main front man as he has the energy to press and give Kane a rest (or Kane to play slightly deeper). Or in Sons spot on the left, either to give Son a rest or to push Som thru the middle.

I think we have good options and with other requirements more urgent, can live with what we have if need be. Is keep Gil btw, flexible across the front and a perfect type of player from the bench.

Yeh Agree, our front line cast looks by far our strongest area and with good reason. Its the support cast we need more help with.

I think with the nature of the football Ange plays which requires more form the front 3 means he will get chances all season and likely in his preferred areas. With Deki and Porro I don't see us having to scratch around to find places for him to play like Conte did because he would not drop Son, opportunities will present themselves, the high press and explosive nature of his football means there will be plenty of rotation, forced or otherwise IMO

I read somewhere that Ange doesn’t rotate much. Whether that’s true or not I don’t know enough about him to say.

The key word is reasonable
We don’t know as fans the terms or what we can afford for a start
Look at arsenal in January
Mudryk was there’s for the taking
They knew the fee but went cheap … to use spurs fans language and lost the player
It may well turn out to be a stroke of luck but it’s also possible he may have made a difference in their title ambitions

united are offering half what Chelsea what for Mount… is that them offering reasonable money?
Yeah Mount is not worth 70 million imo. Not sure at this point I would pay 50million either. When a report says that we have saved 5 million fans lap it up without question. But when it's reported that we lost a player for not putting in a reasonable deal, it's the fans who are stupid for believing reports. As I said it should cut both ways.

Yeah Mount is not worth 70 million imo. Not sure at this point I would pay 50million either. When a report says that we have saved 5 million fans lap it up without question. But when it's reported that we lost a player for not putting in a reasonable deal, it's the fans who are stupid for believing reports. As I said it should cut both ways.
I think the recent comments lapping up a 5m saving is indeed cutting it both ways. For years Levy has been criticized for penny pinching and not offering what fans think is reasonable based on media reports, so it’s only fair and in the interest of balance that it gets pointed out when he seems to have saved the club money.

re Mount, I don’t think I’d pay 25m personally!

Relating to the Deki deal, I think the lapping was more a response to the ideal that was being positioned here that by renegotiating the deal we were somehow jeopardising the deal in typical Levy fashion and he was somehow going to therefore be able to walk away. Without being argumentative with anyone, you can see a mile off that it was that rhetoric that was being planted in case there was any truth. There is also probably more credibility to a story if then the reports are corroborated by him signing a deal and joining the club

You are right it does though cut both ways, but logic also dictates alot and you can't be linked with as many players as we are and reasonably take every link as gospel and you certainly can't then use everyone as a reason to churn an agenda, because the logic does not work, we we be linked in reality to between 50-100 players in the summer, they can't all be credible links. There is also a blatant lack of balance, I know I churn on about that alot, but losing a deal is seemingly never ever about player choice, agent interference, owning clubs preference, owning clubs digging their heels in on price, clubs protecting, its always Levy cheapening out, that just shows a real lack of understanding what happens in football OR making it look that way because people won't divert off their story. Its also often a theme of "We won't pay enough for a player" twinned with "We want too much for our players"....realistically that logic does not square because its one that asks us to respect other clubs protecting their asset and own house, but GHod forbid we do the same? Then we sign Richarlison for 60m and people claim we paid too much...so work that out.

Relating to the Deki deal, I think the lapping was more a response to the ideal that was being positioned here that by renegotiating the deal we were somehow jeopardising the deal in typical Levy fashion and he was somehow going to therefore be able to walk away. Without being argumentative with anyone, you can see a mile off that it was that rhetoric that was being planted in case there was any truth. There is also probably more credibility to a story if then the reports are corroborated by him signing a deal and joining the club

You are right it does though cut both ways, but logic also dictates alot and you can't be linked with as many players as we are and reasonably take every link as gospel and you certainly can't then use everyone as a reason to churn an agenda, because the logic does not work, we we be linked in reality to between 50-100 players in the summer, they can't all be credible links. There is also a blatant lack of balance, I know I churn on about that alot, but losing a deal is seemingly never ever about player choice, agent interference, owning clubs preference, owning clubs digging their heels in on price, clubs protecting, its always Levy cheapening out, that just shows a real lack of understanding what happens in football OR making it look that way because people won't divert off their story. Its also often a theme of "We won't pay enough for a player" twinned with "We want too much for our players"....realistically that logic does not square because its one that asks us to respect other clubs protecting their asset and own house, but GHod forbid we do the same? Then we sign Richarlison for 60m and people claim we paid too much...so work that out.
We did pay too much
But we paid what was needed to get the deal done
Both can be true
But as you say when we don’t get a deal done for a rumoured signing it’s always because we’re being cheap…

We did pay too much
But we paid what was needed to get the deal done
Both can be true
But as you say when we don’t get a deal done for a rumoured signing it’s always because we’re being cheap…

Absolutely both can be true, but not every single deal. Every club has a right to protect their own interests, not just Spurs and we all know how flakey agents and players are. It's not always just finance.

Back