• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Definitely not an out of car window Transfer Thread

We don't/didn't want to pay for the best people. Even Paratici was a compromise. The very best DoF in World football was available in Luis Campos but he makes a lot of demands on the club he works for.

To be fair that is slightly harsh as Paratici is extremely respected in the game and probably considered to be in the top 5 Sporting Directors.

Thanks for acknowledging that, I like your opinions (makes for healthy debate) but sometimes you default to only one answer. I don't think Campos would have found Spurs harder than Monaco or Lille.

Conte is also not a compromise, and clearly earns top dollar as compared to anyone.

Lets hope Paratici improves the youth system, be interesting to see if it's as competitive as it was (as RA's Chelsea was clearly using youth as a way to circumvent FFP)

They will be paying back the £800m loan potentially with significantly less revenue than previous seasons due to this seasons failing
The wage bill will also have gone up as they have brought and brought and so far.. not sold as far as I can tell
Not quite (in fact nowhere near ;)).... The debt that Chelsea (and I put that in italics as Chelsea haven't taken it on at all) have taken on is actually a £500m loan and a £300m revolving credit facility (that bears on interest until it is drawn). Chelsea Football club are not paying any interest on either the £500m loan of the £300m revolving credit facility. Boehly and Clearlake Capital Investments did not pledge any Chelsea assets or revenues to secure that £500m loan + £300m revolving credit facility, they are instead covering those costs from their own funds. Their £4.25b purchase of Chelsea included a stipulation that £1.75b was allocated to invest in the club. I assume that the £800m forms part of that £1.75b stipulation. However that debt is not against Chelsea FC but against the investors.

At present Chelsea have gone from one Sugar Daddy owner to another. Of course I have no idea on what length of time the new Sugar Daddy ownership group would be happy to be a Sugar Daddy but (as I said all along) Roman Abramovich's investment in Chelsea actually would turned him a tidy profit had he been selling in normal circumstances (and think of all that fun he had in the interim winning all those trophies).

Last edited:
Thanks for acknowledging that, I like your opinions (makes for healthy debate) but sometimes you default to only one answer. I don't think Campos would have found Spurs harder than Monaco or Lille.

Conte is also not a compromise, and clearly earns top dollar as compared to anyone.

Lets hope Paratici improves the youth system, be interesting to see if it's as competitive as it was (as RA's Chelsea was clearly using youth as a way to circumvent FFP)
I think he would've found Spurs a lot harder than both.... At Monaco and Lille he had pretty much complete control of the club budget and was allowed to operate as he saw fit with that budget.

I agree with you that Conte was not a compromise, though it was telling that he turned us down in the summer when the budget being offered to improve the playing squad was minimal (which is also why so many other managers turned us down and we ended up with Nuno).

Not quite (in fact nowhere near ;)).... The debt that Chelsea (and I put that in italics as Chelsea haven't taken it on at all) have taken on is actually a £500m loan and a £300m revolving credit facility (that bears on interest until it is drawn). Chelsea Football club are not paying any interest on either the £500m loan of the £300m revolving credit facility. Boehly and Clearlake Capital Investments did not pledge any Chelsea assets or revenues to secure that £500m loan + £300m revolving credit facility, they are instead covering those costs from their own funds. Their £4.25b purchase of Chelsea included a stipulation that £1.75b was allocated to invest in the club. I assume that the £800m forms part of that £1.75b stipulation. However that debt is not against Chelsea FC but against the investors.
Yep so they are spending money the club doesn’t have?
So it’s owner investment?
What’s the cap on that?

Yep so they are spending money the club doesn’t have?
So it’s owner investment?
What’s the cap on that?
No. As part of the stipulation of purchase at the price of £4.25b, £1.75b had to be invested into Chelsea FC.
You stated: 'They will be paying back the £800m loan'. They won't be. Chelsea FC do not have an £800m loan.
There is no cap on owner investment.

No. As part of the stipulation of purchase at the price of £4.25b, £1.75b had to be invested into Chelsea FC.
You stated: 'They will be paying back the £800m loan'. They won't be. Chelsea FC do not have an £800m loan.

No, but they have investors who will want (at some point) a return on that investment (it isn't a RA or sportswashing type investment)

And what Everton has taught us is you can tinkle away huge sums of money if you don't know what you are doing and if that money isn't endless, it will run out.

I'm actually really interested to see what the American Equity Investors see as the money out mechanism of football investment.

So why aren’t Saudi Sportswashing Machine’s owners throwing money at the club?

No, but they have investors who will want (at some point) a return on that investment (it isn't a RA or sportswashing type investment)

And what Everton has taught us is you can tinkle away huge sums of money if you don't know what you are doing and if that money isn't endless, it will run out.

I'm actually really interested to see what the American Equity Investors see as the money out mechanism of football investment.
Neither you or I know what the endgame is for those investors or how they believe they will get there. I was constantly told on here that Roman Abramovich was throwing his money away with his constant investments into Chelsea while pretty much a lone voice on here stating that he would likely turn a very good profit if and when he decided to sell and was proved right even when it was a distressed sale having to be completed very quickly.

All we know at present is that Chelsea have £1.75b of capital as a stipulation of the purchase. I suspect it will take a good number of years for them to burn through that capital. Unfortunately they'll be a big club now until at least the day I die I think.

So why aren’t Saudi Sportswashing Machine’s owners throwing money at the club?
Because, at present it is harder for Saudi Sportswashing Machine to spend invested money and remain within the terms of FFP due to them having vastly lower revenues than Chelsea

At Saudi Sportswashing Machine what I suspect we'll see is the Saudi's going right to the line of FFP (we've already seen a considerably higher level of transfer investment by Saudi Sportswashing Machine since they took over). I think you'll soon see the commercial revenues at Saudi Sportswashing Machine start to rocket via some new (in-house) sponsorship deals and the sale (to 'friendly corporates) of ridiculously expensive corporate boxes. That will vastly increase the clubs revenue and allow them to spend even more on transfers and wages.

Say what you want about many of Levy's decisions, but he's definitely not one to appoint "yes men", people who shy away from conflicts with or criticism of the club or people that aren't demanding.

Because, at present it is harder for Saudi Sportswashing Machine to spend invested money and remain within the terms of FFP due to them having vastly lower revenues than Chelsea

At Saudi Sportswashing Machine what I suspect we'll see is the Saudi's going right to the line of FFP (we've already seen a considerably higher level of transfer investment by Saudi Sportswashing Machine since they took over). I think you'll soon see the commercial revenues at Saudi Sportswashing Machine start to rocket via some new (in-house) sponsorship deals and the sale (to 'friendly corporates) of ridiculously expensive corporate boxes. That will vastly increase the clubs revenue and allow them to spend even more on transfers and wages.
And don’t forget the ticket priced will probably go sky high aswell.

Yep. Poor. He was up against a 3rd tier team and I don't think I saw one moment where he created something worthwhile. He runs around a lot and jinks and twists but not really to any effect. The drop off from Kulusevski to him is a very big one.

I thought he had a good second half against Palace. However that is the only good half of football I have seen him have (admittedly though he hasn't had many chances). I don't think he is yet good enough to be a first reserve player for a team that wants to be in the top 4 and certainly not yet good enough for a team that has designs on winning the league. He may end up becoming so (he has some aspects to his game that I like) but I think it will be hard for him to develop into a good enough player while at our club, especially with the demands for European football that come from the chairman and the fans. I think him developing in England at a lower level club to Spurs would be best all round but that means we need to sign another option who is ready to contribute right now.

I'm definitely rating his current performances higher than you. I may very well be wrong. There's clearly a drop off from Kulusevski, of that there's no doubt.

A lot of his good work is in between the lines or rather wide. Not always going to lead directly to chances. He came close to creating something a couple of times against Portsmouth, otherwise did some good link play. I think that's decent for a young player lacking minutes and playing in a somewhat thrown together team.

Seems by most reports now that he won't be loaned out, while in the summer we were reportedly happy to send him out on loan if we could sign a replacement.

Will be interesting to see how he does for the rest of the season if he keeps getting chances.

I would rather replace Lucas than him right now. I think he can have a decent role to play, depending on injuries.

Poor in the prem
He played 2 years for them in the prem and was the standout player
50 games in the prem
10 goals and 6 assists
And Watford were brick remember

Yeah. That's pretty good. Do you think he has the potential to become a first choice player for us one day?

Well its been telegraphed long enough that he could move so dont blame others for looking at him!!

Or could just be Sporting trying to get us to get a move on

Chelsea will soon have more right wing backs than us

£8.8m loan for half a season with no option to buy?????
They know what they are doing
Spurs fans will tell you that
All the Chelsea fans I know think they are being batbrick crazy and just throwing money around
Not one Chelsea fan I know wants potter in charge either as he isn’t elite
That club right know is a mess
But they fix it if they stick with him IMO
They have backed him with the recruitment team too

Back