• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Definitely not an out of car window Transfer Thread

Thats why its usually the "lesser" clubs that have more time to develop youth that have a greater success rate rather than maybe a better scouting network. With the ability to sign better established players that proves that both can be done together and its actually the continued search for established fits that fail our system NOT the integration of youth. I bored myself with it this year, but we gained nothing persevering with so called established RWBs and lost as much if not more than if we had tried a Spence. Its all perception based in my opinion and managers sometimes talk themselves into a corner and place all their chips on established players who subsequently let them down
It’s also why young players from here are now going abroad
Opportunities
Development
And a chance…

Thats why its usually the "lesser" clubs that have more time to develop youth that have a greater success rate rather than maybe a better scouting network. With the ability to sign better established players that proves that both can be done together and its actually the continued search for established fits that fail our system NOT the integration of youth. I bored myself with it this year, but we gained nothing persevering with so called established RWBs and lost as much if not more than if we had tried a Spence. Its all perception based in my opinion and managers sometimes talk themselves into a corner and place all their chips on established players who subsequently let them down

I agree with quite a bit of that.

On the RWB situation this season. Impossible to know how much would have been gained or lost by playing Spence more. We simply will not ever know.

Part of the process when signing younger players like Spence is that it sometimes takes time. Sure there are Alli and Dier examples, but there are also Bale and Walker examples.

Spence has been here half a season. If he goes on to be a good player for us in the future it would be worth the wait and a good signing even if he wasn't a short term solution.

Had we signed Porro two years ago he could easily have been another "club signing", "what would be lost by playing him more", "why has he gone out on loan without being given the chance" player 6-12 months into his career here.

Spence isn't a teenager, but he's still a young player looking to make the step up from a top level Championship club to a CL chasing, and currently in the CL Premier League club. Sometimes that takes a bit of time, and that's fine imo.

If he's actually good enough that we've lost out by not playing him more this season (which we cannot know) then he'll probably be even better next season and could go on to have a great career here.

I agree with quite a bit of that.

On the RWB situation this season. Impossible to know how much would have been gained or lost by playing Spence more. We simply will not ever know.

Part of the process when signing younger players like Spence is that it sometimes takes time. Sure there are Alli and Dier examples, but there are also Bale and Walker examples.

Spence has been here half a season. If he goes on to be a good player for us in the future it would be worth the wait and a good signing even if he wasn't a short term solution.

Had we signed Porro two years ago he could easily have been another "club signing", "what would be lost by playing him more", "why has he gone out on loan without being given the chance" player 6-12 months into his career here.

Spence isn't a teenager, but he's still a young player looking to make the step up from a top level Championship club to a CL chasing, and currently in the CL Premier League club. Sometimes that takes a bit of time, and that's fine imo.

If he's actually good enough that we've lost out by not playing him more this season (which we cannot know) then he'll probably be even better next season and could go on to have a great career here.

All good points TBH

I personally think we will see an end of out and out youth set ups at the top level, at least in the traditional sense

All good points TBH

I personally think we will see an end of out and out youth set ups at the top level, at least in the traditional sense

I think we may see a change in how youth football is played.

Most big teams put significant money into their youth setups though. I think that will continue. Most big teams are successful over time in part because of good youth work. Barca, Bayern, even Real (though less so), Manchester United at their best. Emirates Marketing Project now. Arsenal are seeing real benefits, Liverpool, ourselves. Chelsea are seeing those benefits at times where they don't sell all their players at least.

If anything I think the focus on succeeding at that has increased in recent decades.

A well run youth setup can pay for itself to a large degree just by the players that are sold, add to that the first team players produced. An obvious fix for HG issues. I believe, in part at least, money spent on that doesn't count towards FFP expenditure. Many reasons to try really hard to succeed at that. Even though the path to the first team at the biggest clubs can be really difficult to traverse.

I think we may see a change in how youth football is played.

Most big teams put significant money into their youth setups though. I think that will continue. Most big teams are successful over time in part because of good youth work. Barca, Bayern, even Real (though less so), Manchester United at their best. Emirates Marketing Project now. Arsenal are seeing real benefits, Liverpool, ourselves. Chelsea are seeing those benefits at times where they don't sell all their players at least.

If anything I think the focus on succeeding at that has increased in recent decades.

A well run youth setup can pay for itself to a large degree just by the players that are sold, add to that the first team players produced. An obvious fix for HG issues. I believe, in part at least, money spent on that doesn't count towards FFP expenditure. Many reasons to try really hard to succeed at that. Even though the path to the first team at the biggest clubs can be really difficult to traverse.
I think a more Brentford B set up is likely as you want players in their later youth without all the hassle and wastage of the earlier years IMO.

If you had the EFL teams continuing with the traditional youth set up, that creates a financial outlet for them for PL teams to pay for developed youth, also the youth rationally will get more opportunities.

Sent from my SM-A127F using Fapatalk

I dont know what sort of wages the lad is on but if within the price bracket I think we should go for sancho ...

Back