• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

DeAndre Yedlin

Really looking forward to him coming. We've tried three rights backs (before walker) and it just hasn't worked. Sell Naughton and chiriches, have this as understudy to walker. Perfect!

Sell Naughton and chiriches, have this as understudy to walker. Perfect!

I don't see Chiriches as a right back, I'd say only sell him if we decide we have enough CBs.

Hopefully Walker/Yedlin are going to be our right backs going forward.

Have we talked about chants for Yedlin yet? I was thinking combining the U.S.A. chant of "I believe that we will win" with "I believe in Yedlin" would work?

I believe that we will win
I believe that we will win
I believe in.. Yedlin

??

[video=youtube;2uEpcfonkt4]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2uEpcfonkt4[/video]

Live? 4 times - each with the Sounders. On TV - often as I watch the MLS because of the Sounders and Whitecaps. I hope he makes the transition - I'm not hating on the kid - I just don't want people thinking he's going to step in and replace Walker.

But isn't that the point, we don't need him to replace Walker

We just need him to rotate with Walker and cover for Walkers injuries

If it takes him 1-2 years to grow into the role, its fine

But isn't that the point, we don't need him to replace Walker

We just need him to rotate with Walker and cover for Walkers injuries

If it takes him 1-2 years to grow into the role, its fine

This. Plus, if he can have an improving effect on Kyle (same sort of effect Davies is apparently having on Rose), then that would be more than enough in terms of justifying whatever we spent on him.

Also his lightning pace and decent close control would be useful if we need someone to play the 'Lennon' role (defensive winger who covers for the right-back, counter-attacking wide option) but don't have space for an out and out winger like Lennon on the bench.

I don't really know a lot about him, but I just watched this youtube video of his contributions to a particular match and I would say, while he may be an asset in attack, he would be a downright liability in defence and I don't think he's anywhere near being ready to start premier league games, and I'd have Chiriches or Naughton ahead of him and think perhaps a loan move to a Championship club for the rest of the season might be best. Definite glimpses of a younger Kyle Walker though.

Mare of a game:

[video=youtube;88-m3sjjcA8]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=88-m3sjjcA8[/video]

I don't really know a lot about him, but I just watched this youtube video of his contributions to a particular match and I would say, while he may be an asset in attack, he would be a downright liability in defence and I don't think he's anywhere near being ready to start premier league games, and I'd have Chiriches or Naughton ahead of him and think perhaps a loan move to a Championship club for the rest of the season might be best. Definite glimpses of a younger Kyle Walker though.

Mare of a game:

He doesn't have to be overly good for now: just better than, say, Naughton. And I think his pace will allow him to accomplish that even if Naughton is somewhat better defensively atm.

I think we may see him play a few games on the wing to start with. Think Klinsmann said this may be where he will end up playing too

Mare of a game:

there's also player coaching and team management to consider. yedlin is young and lets hope that he has the ability to be coached.

He has raw pace, lots of it, the guy is lightning quick. Players with that kind of pace can make up for lack of discipline just with their pace. Also from his interviews he comes across as very intelligent - so with the raw ingredients, some good coaching, training with Walker - he can potentially be very good.

Really looking forward to him coming. We've tried three rights backs (before walker) and it just hasn't worked. Sell Naughton and chiriches, have this as understudy to walker. Perfect!

So in your opinion Harry Kane and Ryan Mason won't make it with us, yet a right back similar age with no prem experience who at this moment seems to be all about pace, will be able to replace Naughton and Chiriches as Walkers backup....... :-k :ross:

http://www.tottenhamhotspur.com/news/deandre-to-join-in-january-231214/

DEANDRE TO JOIN IN JANUARY

We are pleased to confirm that DeAndre Yedlin will be joining the Club in January.

Agreement had been reached with Seattle Sounders back in August for the player to join us in 2015.
Capped 10 times by the United States, DeAndre rounded off his time in Major League Soccer recently by being named US Soccer Young Male Athlete of the Year.
The 21-year-old made it into the MLS All-Star Team in his first season in 2013 - the first 'rookie' to do so in the MLS since 2005 - and earned the honour again this season.
Head Coach Mauricio Pochettino said: "DeAndre is a young player with great potential who has already achieved a lot in Major League Soccer.
"It is important for his development that he is given the time to adapt to his new surroundings both on and off the pitch and we believe that by coming to us in January it will give him the best opportunity to do so."

http://www.tottenhamhotspur.com/news/deandre-to-join-in-january-231214/

DEANDRE TO JOIN IN JANUARY

We are pleased to confirm that DeAndre Yedlin will be joining the Club in January.

Agreement had been reached with Seattle Sounders back in August for the player to join us in 2015.
Capped 10 times by the United States, DeAndre rounded off his time in Major League Soccer recently by being named US Soccer Young Male Athlete of the Year.
The 21-year-old made it into the MLS All-Star Team in his first season in 2013 - the first 'rookie' to do so in the MLS since 2005 - and earned the honour again this season.
Head Coach Mauricio Pochettino said: "DeAndre is a young player with great potential who has already achieved a lot in Major League Soccer.
"It is important for his development that he is given the time to adapt to his new surroundings both on and off the pitch and we believe that by coming to us in January it will give him the best opportunity to do so."

Sounds like we'll just be integrating him to the squad/country this season, and he won't really emerge into the first team till next season - very sensible.

I definitely think we need to keep Naughton for now, especially with us competing on 4 fronts. He's had a good season so far.

One issue - we are now 3 players over our overseas limit of 17, so at this point in time (before January sales), we'd need to cull Friedel to get him into the squad

Yep, Naughton isn't as bad as some make out imo and offers a more defensive head. He's also pretty decent on the ball.

Hasn't Friedel got a British passport yet?

Sounds like we'll just be integrating him to the squad/country this season, and he won't really emerge into the first team till next season - very sensible.

I definitely think we need to keep Naughton for now, especially with us competing on 4 fronts. He's had a good season so far.

One issue - we are now 3 players over our overseas limit of 17, so at this point in time (before January sales), we'd need to cull Friedel to get him into the squad

Naughton seems to have fallen behind Chiriches at right back. Pretty damning when a player out of position is playing ahead of you in your preferred role.

I expect nothing more than a few sub appearances this season from him.
Lets see how he gets on in the Europa next year (of course we'll be in it).

Yep, Naughton isn't as bad as some make out imo and offers a more defensive head. He's also pretty decent on the ball.

Hasn't Friedel got a British passport yet?

As a back-up RB for a team which is 5th - 7th in the league, I agree he's OK. However as a like for like replacement for Walker, Yedlin is infinitely better and better for teh style of our team as we desperately need the full backs to give us width

Also, if we're aiming for a top 4 spot and to be able to have a realistic shot of that top 4 position not just being a one-off, then you need two decent players per position. Yedlin means that at RB we now have that, as with GK,....there's not many other positions though

Back