• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

DeAndre Yedlin

I have a suspicion that he'll have a couple of months to bed in and then we'll start to see him introduced as a very attacking right back late on in games in which we are chasing an equaliser or a winner and his pace will be an advantage against a tiring opposition.

I can't see that being at the expense of Kyle Walker however. He may want to use them together

Walker needs the competition sooner rather than later, pretty poor performance today...

I think says a lot for how bad we are in that position that we have missed Walker so much. He's still got a LOT to learn regarding his defensive duties and overall positional play.

He's played how many games in how many days after a long term injury? Was always going to have a poor game or two initially...

Sitting on my porcelain throne using Fapatalk

That's not true. We had some good games with Chiriches on the right. BTW, I thought Walker was great last weekend but he was not very good today IMO. The point is that with Yedlin arriving, I hope that gives Walker genuine competition to push him to improve.

That's not true. We had some good games with Chiriches on the right. BTW, I thought Walker was great last weekend but he was not very good today IMO. The point is that with Yedlin arriving, I hope that gives Walker genuine competition to push him to improve.

fatigue for walker could be a bigger thing than the rest of the players right now. i see as much a need for reinforcement and rotation, as competition.

[TWEET]552840019900383232[/TWEET]

I know there were those comments from Spurs a couple weeks ago about him being eased in slowly but hard not to see Naughton or Chiriches leaving quite soon. We have so many games coming up as well....he's got a squad number, think Poch will be tempted to play him

Excited to see this kid play. I know I shouldn't expect too much at this stage but I think he could give us a real bonus. Just seems like what Poch would want in a full back. Very attack minded. I need to see a lot more of him, but received some really glowing praise from the US.

Excited to see this kid play. I know I shouldn't expect too much at this stage but I think he could give us a real bonus. Just seems like what Poch would want in a full back. Very attack minded. I need to see a lot more of him, but received some really glowing praise from the US.

It's quite a poor standard of league he's coming from though. It's almost like throwing a 20yo from League 1 straight in.

I know that worked with Justin Edinburgh in 1991, or even Dier coming from Portugal, but we need a to take a longer term perspective re his development.

he's coming from a poor league, but in terms of athleticism, nothing really matches him currently that i know about, especially in the premier league. he is a freak, a full blown bale-esque freak. we do really well developing players recently, so I have very, very high hopes for him, as he has a lot of raw material to work with.

Unfortunately, we have walker as a star player in our current team as well - I'm not sure how we can set them up to both produce fruitfully in the same XI - i dont think either of them have the technical skill required to play as an attacking player (hope to be proved wrong in future!).

It's quite a poor standard of league he's coming from though. It's almost like throwing a 20yo from League 1 straight in.

I know that worked with Justin Edinburgh in 1991, or even Dier coming from Portugal, but we need a to take a longer term perspective re his development.

How many league 1 players impress on the biggest footballing stage?

He looked decent enough against Belgium in the World Cup... And the MLS is a better standard than I think it gets credit for

He needs time to settle but his physical prowess will do him no harm

complete garbage

Back