• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

**** Deadline Day ****

TOWNSEND TUNING IN

Tottenham winger Andros Townsend just caused minor panic among Spurs fans on Twitter when he said: "Transfer deadline day: exciting to watch, stressful to be involved in!" but quickly confirmed he's not leaving White Hart Lane: "Was referring to being involved in it last January! Definitely only going to be watching it on TV this time round."

Great! He is now a 1st teamer!

Great idea for a thread-hopefully EVERYTHING goes in here today saves ducking around all the other threads.

SSN stuff: Liverpool say no to Ozil, Ince staying.

Can't believe the tatty T shirt Bale wearing on the most important day of his life but Adidas must love it. The medical centre where he had his medical reportedly paid 10 mill euro for the privilege of his photos there.

Ancelotti on Coentrao:

"Fabio is staying. I understood that he wanted to go, but really it was not the same desire for everyone. Now he's decided to stay and everybody, the club, players and coaching staff, are happy with this decision,"

That was from 2 or 3 days ago when we were still bartering over Bale. Personally I expect this to still happen.

We'd have to sign about four or five players today for deadline day not to be a massive anti climax, based on our purchases earlier this summer.

We'd have to sign about four or five players today for deadline day not to be a massive anti climax, based on our purchases earlier this summer.

If an average person found out one morning that they'd won €20m in the national lottery, but later in the day found out that there were 4 other winning tickets and they'd only won €4m not €20, most of those people would go to bed that night with a tinge of regret. Just a tinge, but a tinge nonetheless.

Feck!

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/23929339

Mesut Ozil: Arsenal agree a £42.4m deal with Real Madrid

Arsenal have agreed a £42.4m (50m euros) deal with Real Madrid to sign Germany midfielder Mesut Ozil.

The 24-year-old has agreed personal terms but must undergo a medical before Arsenal can complete what will be a club record signing.

The medical will take place in Germany, where Ozil is on international duty.

More to follow

Feck!

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/23929339

Mesut Ozil: Arsenal agree a £42.4m deal with Real Madrid

Arsenal have agreed a £42.4m (50m euros) deal with Real Madrid to sign Germany midfielder Mesut Ozil.

The 24-year-old has agreed personal terms but must undergo a medical before Arsenal can complete what will be a club record signing.

The medical will take place in Germany, where Ozil is on international duty.

More to follow

Balague confirms on SSN, says deal done by his dad last week.

Last edited:
Bad news. Quality signing for ****. But is he merely improving an area in which they are already well stacked with good players, or will he provide what they are missing?

I haven't seen Özil enough to know which one it would be, but I'm certain he will be a massive improvement for them.

They don't strictly need him but signing a quality player who is still young (think he's around 25/26) can only benefit them.

You have ton wonder sometimes...

We sell them Bale & they sell Ozil to Arsenal..

All summer we`ve needed someone good on the ball, technically above the rest, yet they get Ozil..

So Bale net £40 mill after Ozil don't seem dear.

Very much depends how you look at it though, doesn't it?
£30m Carroll was a flop at Anfield but the other way you can look at is it that they got £20m+Carroll for Torres. However you value Carroll with that sum doesn't look so bad then.

The losers in that deal were Chelski who paid £50m for a player that wasn't worth anywhere near that.

In our little triangle I really don't rate how well Arsenal are spending £40m+ on a player they don't really need. Better than any other midfielder they currently have, but its probably their strongest area. And they are paying £40m+ for a SQUAD PLAYER from Madrid!!!!

It reminds me a bit of when you are stuck with a couple of notes of foreign money in duty free just before you fly back. "What can I buy..... what can I buy..... gotta buy something..... Toblerone for £12...... yeah why not"

Way I prefer to look at it is that Madrid's ridiculous over payment for Bale has been part funded by a Wenger panic buy.

Last edited:
Giroud will now finish top Premiership scorer. :(

Ozil creates a LOT of chances. Add in those created by the others already there and he will be filling his boots.

Massive price tag for someone they don't really need. I would have been much more concerned had they spent £15m each on a decent CB, decent ball-winner and CF

42.4m?

That's a lot. I know a lot of people like this player.

Would love to have a look at his stats? End product?

He racks up assists like there's no tomorrow.

Not necessarily the position they most need to upgrade but you don't miss out on the opportunity to add a world class player to the team. Puts even more of a downer on yesterday.

You have ton wonder sometimes...

We sell them Bale & they sell Ozil to Arsenal..

All summer we`ve needed someone good on the ball, technically above the rest, yet they get Ozil..

Is this finally some evidence of what Champions League football can get you? I find it hard to believe that Levy didn't enquire about Ozil for you.

He racks up assists like there's no tomorrow.

Not necessarily the position they most need to upgrade but you don't miss out on the opportunity to add a world class player to the team. Puts even more of a downer on yesterday.

2012-13 season for RM 10 goals, 18 assists, 51 games
Career at RM 27 goals, 67 assists, 158 games
Total careers 45 goals, 115 assists, 305 games.

Assists per game 0.377 (1 every 2.65 games)
Goals per game 0.148 (1 every 6.77 games)

Surprisingly not as many as I had thought it would be.

Back