• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Dead body in the supermarket

Superted

Jonathan Woodgate
So I went to the supermarket with the wife last night and as I was pulling into the carpark, saw some police cars and an ambulance with their lights on and what looked like a bit of a situation at the checkouts of the supermarket.

Bugger, we thought must be closed. Well, let's have a gander and see what the fuss is. We see people still walking in and out so thought maybe they're just taking a statement, maybe something happened in the carpark, either way, it was open lets get our eggs and brick.

Anyway, it becomes quite clear as we approach that several police officers and ambos are standing in a circle, and within that circle is something covered by a sheet.

Well I didn't want to assume it was a dead body, but as I got closer, the bloated purplish foot hanging out the end of the sheet kind of gave it away.

Turns out some old guy (though not very old) just collapsed and passed away at the counter. Poor bloke. But ...

THEY DIDN'T CLOSE THE BLOODY STORE DOWN!

There we were going about our regular shopping, and all these cops and ambos standing around the body just waiting. It was just odd. Everyone in the store felt uneasy, and the checkout girl

the poor checkout girl ...

She would have been about 17 and she was terrified. She saw what happened, she was shaken by it, we asked if she was okay, you could tell she just wanted to get out of there.

Next time, close the fudging store down. A man died, poor bloke. Felt sorry for whoever's waiting for him to come home, or otherwise felt sorry for him that no one realised he wasn't coming home.

The checkout I went through, the body would have been less than 5m away. They had to get a drill out to remove a bench for when they eventually put him in the ambulance.

I probably should have gone elsewhere, wish I had now, but everyone in that store had the same wtf look on their face.

If someone carked it in my local Tescos I don't think anyone'd notice...

Exactly!

I was driving past a Tesco lastnight, only about 8:45'ish so hardly fudging bedtime, and out of it walks some dingdonghead in his PJ's, dressing gown AND slippers. Seriously, seriously, seriously, what the fudge is this country coming to???

I was so incensed I almost wound my window down to abuse him, lazy little ****.

I know it sounds harsh, but the only reason one would close the store would be for moral reasons. There was no crime scene or anything. The police can't just go inside and go "The store needs to close", and I'm sure many people would be pretty tinkled off if they had to close for the rest of the day.

I'm pretty sure the police would be well within their power to close the store down. Any time someone does outside of a hospital it needs to be investigated. But you're right the main concern would be from a moral point of view. Just imagine if it was your old man and you and your famil were there grieving while people like many were going about our usual business. Or worse yet imagine if I was your old man and you were shopping there and didn't even know it was pops underneath that sheet?

I'm usually all for capitalism and all that, but life is sacred and in the rare event that something like this happens then the right thing to do is close the shop until the body has gone.

Exactly!

I was driving past a Tesco lastnight, only about 8:45'ish so hardly fudging bedtime, and out of it walks some dingdonghead in his PJ's, dressing gown AND slippers. Seriously, seriously, seriously, what the fudge is this country coming to???

I was so incensed I almost wound my window down to abuse him, lazy little ****.

confidence and individuality. i can respect that

confidence and individuality. i can respect that

dude.jpg

Maude Lebowski: What do you do for recreation?
The Dude: Oh, the usual. I bowl. Drive around. The occasional acid flashback.

Back