• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Davinson Sanchez

I was a little surprised he played at the centre of the 3 centre backs which is such a key position. Thought he would be on the right but he did really well I thought. And he's so young too, there's plenty of improvement to come.

Wouldn't surprise me if he ends up being one of the best CBs in the league in a few years

Agree with the comments above; did well, has talent, is powerful, way too early to tell if he can really read dangerous situations and hold the offside line and martial things from the middle. I too thought Toby would be "the man" at the back and let Sanchez get out there and challenge players.

Anything can happen with centre backs, almost every 'top' team has had loads of issues, Mangala was supposed to be great, was poor, hardly played, looked to be off but stayed, Otamendi, various City centre backs have been and gone, all the Arse-anal centre backs, Sakho at Pool vs Sakho at Palace, Lovren and the other Pool centre backs, the Man Utd centre backs, hell even Bailly who looked superb sometimes but looked terrible against Stoke sometimes yesterday, a lot can happen... one minute you are mustard, then next minute you're Alton Thelwell

Why does someone like Edwin Van der Sar feel the need to speak about Sanchez moving to the premier league too early in his career?

Maybe someone should ask him why he retired so late in his.

Why does someone like Edwin Van der Sar feel the need to speak about Sanchez moving to the premier league too early in his career?

Maybe someone should ask him why he retired so late in his.

In His case it's because he left his club and I belive he feels that he could have gone to a mega club if he has waited a bit longer

I was a little surprised he played at the centre of the 3 centre backs which is such a key position. Thought he would be on the right but he did really well I thought. And he's so young too, there's plenty of improvement to come.

Wouldn't surprise me if he ends up being one of the best CBs in the league in a few years

I said in another thread that I thought he might play in the middle of the 3, as that allows his pace to cover both sides of the pitch more easily. And that Poch tipped us off v Burnley, when he changed to a back 3 in that game and put Dier in the middle of the 3 and pushed Toby to the right (which showed us where he plans on using Toby this season when we go to a back 3).

With Aurier and Rose to come into the team, we will be very strong and athletic all over the pitch.

Gave away a couple of unnecessary corners, but apart from that didn't really put a foot wrong. Not the best of opponents we faced on the day though. But a solid debut. Looking forward to seeing him more. :)

Last edited:
Good debut, to me he looked a bit nervous in possession when he was put under pressure - which is something he will improve when he gets more minutes under his belt.

defenders are a bit like refs as for the most part, if you don't notice them, they've had a good game. Lets see how he handles the likes of Aubameyang, that'll be a true test.

With Dier filling in for Wanyama Sanchez seems to have slotted straight in to the back three without so much of a blink of the eye

Thought the defense as a whole was fantastic last night - shutting Dortmund out completely for the most part, despite their early dominance of possession in our half

He looks a little tentative, a little "safe", quite obviously not yet settled or on the same wavelength as everyone else.

Which comes as no surprise at all.

However, even at that stage, its obvious what potential we saw in him. I was watching him last night and just thinking "I cannot wait to see what sort of player he is next season".

Looks very impressive, couple of times he was caught out of position but that's normal at his stage. Can't wait to see him develop.

Anyone who saw him play last season couldn't fail to be impressed

He has everything and is at his finishing school now with us

We need a petition to make EA sports improve his stats on FIFA 18. He matched Aubameyang for pace, but only has pace of 71 on FIFA 18. It's a scandal! :rolleyes:

A very high standard to measure him up against Jan and Toby I realize. He just wasn't at their level though and looked shaky up against Aubameyang where the two others looked in control. Also looked unsure about his place in the back 3, caught out of position quite a bit.

Great talent though and I expect him to improve and settle in target quickly. And I have absolutely no issues with him playing his way into getting settled.

Reactions: DTA
Back