• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Davinson Sanchez

One was a free kick nod the other looked a poor decision by the ref to me (Villa player was doing the pushing and bounced off). When a CB is faced up one on one in a wide area a free kick to the opposition isn’t actually the worst outcome.

I thought both were fouls by Sanchez personally or at least 50/50. Trouble is we’ve seen him shove forwards quite often because that’s the only way he knows how to deal with them physically, he’s not adept at using his strength without resorting to pushing opponents. Football is a contact sport so forwards and defenders will always get into tussles but there’s a difference between that and shoving which Sanchez routinely does.

Sorry but i see literally all CBs give away stupid pointless free kicks when the attacker is going nowhere, it just seems in their DNA so I don’t see why Sanchez is being singled out for it. During this turbulent period he has been improving and right now is the first CB on the teamsheet so let’s hope his improvement continues....

Sorry but i see non-figuratively all CBs give away stupid pointless free kicks when the attacker is going nowhere, it just seems in their DNA so I don’t see why Sanchez is being singled out for it. During this turbulent period he has been improving and right now is the first CB on the teamsheet so let’s hope his improvement continues....

Not all CB’s shove their opponents as often as Sanchez. He has improved but that’s partly because the bar was so low to begin with for 2 and a half seasons. He can have excellent games and still make costly mistakes whereas I feel Toby even at his age doesn’t make errors frequently that cost us points. Toby appears to be first choice now, he didn’t play the last two games but he was first choice for a while before that so I’d assume he possibly picked up a knock somewhere? I don’t want to hate on Sanchez, I feel him or Rodon should partner Toby for the remaining games this season but I don’t think it’s unreasonable to say after nearly 4 years of Sanchez being at the club that we need to move him on as he hasn’t progressed.

I just don't see what you see. He seems rash and mistake prone, even when those mistake (like today don't Cost us). But you have actually been involved in the game at a professional level and Jose keeps picking him, so maybe I'm just wrong.

I am not saying he is the finished product but he is improving now he is getting a regular run. also he is still only 24 which is pretty young for a established CB. I see signs that he is improving his game i guess we will have to wait and see, at this time i think he is a better choice at CB then either Toby or Dier.

That's a start:cool:
Lol. I think it’s admirable people still see the positives and have unlimited patience with players and I really don’t like to write players off too early but I’ve never felt Sanchez has shown much, even if I was comparing him to an academy product.

I feel nervous when Sanchez is near the ball, I don’t get that feeling when I see Tanganga or Rodon playing who have far less experience.

Lol. I think it’s admirable people still see the positives and have unlimited patience with players and I really don’t like to write players off too early but I’ve never felt Sanchez has shown much, even if I was comparing him to an academy product.

I feel nervous when Sanchez is near the ball, I don’t get that feeling when I see Tanganga or Rodon playing who have far less experience.
Never felt Sanchez showed much?! Fair enough it was a long time ago now, but his first season at Spurs I honestly thought we had King Ledley back playing for us again....

Sanchez and Rodon are the best central pair with Tanganga on the right Davies/Reg left. The rest can fill in.

The whole TEAM looked out of sorts early on! Pinning that on Sanchez is extremely unfair! He dealt with what came. We didn't concede a shot on goal until 60th minute.

We were all over the shop first 20 minutes though. Neville pointed it out and he was right. The defence wasn’t cohesive at all. Some stepping up, some sitting back. That’s not necessarily Sanchez’s fault although as the senior CB I’d expect him to organise us. We were lucky that we weren’t playing a top side or we’d have been a goal or two down. Thereafter, they looked fairly solid to be fair and it was their first time playing together so I’d give them some leeway.

We were all over the shop first 20 minutes though. Neville pointed it out and he was right. The defence wasn’t cohesive at all. Some stepping up, some sitting back. That’s not necessarily Sanchez’s fault although as the senior CB I’d expect him to organise us. We were lucky that we weren’t playing a top side or we’d have been a goal or two down. Thereafter, they looked fairly solid to be fair and it was their first time playing together so I’d give them some leeway.
Gary is a sulking bitch, these days pay him no heed!

I am not saying he is the finished product but he is improving now he is getting a regular run. also he is still only 24 which is pretty young for a established CB. I see signs that he is improving his game i guess we will have to wait and see, at this time i think he is a better choice at CB then either Toby or Dier.

I know you rate him, but what is the cutoff off point in terms of what we need him to be vs where he actually is? Do we stick with him until he turns 27 i.e. when he’s in his prime even if his form is inconsistent as it has been since his second season? For example if we keep him this summer and he’s a regular but his form is still patchy, do we persist and just say “he’s only 25”?

I know you rate him, but what is the cutoff off point in terms of what we need him to be vs where he actually is? Do we stick with him until he turns 27 i.e. when he’s in his prime even if his form is inconsistent as it has been since his second season? For example if we keep him this summer and he’s a regular but his form is still patchy, do we persist and just say “he’s only 25”?

Well i thought Rodon looked good last night, Toby and Dier need to be moved on so at the moment that leaves us with Sanchez Rodon and Tanganga. It looks at the moment Tanganga is going to play more at FB then as a CB at least until he plays more games. I do believe that a CB is needed this summer but depending on how much we have to spend on one and how good he is that leaves us with Sanchez, Rodon and the new CB. Sanchez has looked better over the last few games and as i said he is still fairly young so i would keep him here and see. I accept that others may disagree but i would give him at least another year>

>

Reactions: DTA
I think Sanchez deserves alot of credit. He has received alot pi55 taking in the press, and even if he was unaware of it all, to manage to put in his recent performances warrants praise. Not sure on the long term future of him however, i think we can all see there is talent but no consistency and too many errors, which is key for a CB

Never felt Sanchez showed much?! Fair enough it was a long time ago now, but his first season at Spurs I honestly thought we had King Ledley back playing for us again....
Honestly even when he was playing with peak Jan and Toby next to him and he looked competent I think he still looked cumbersome on the ball and whilst it’s not his fault for the fee at the time I expected more. Time will tell of course but I’d be very surprised to see him do anything but drop down a level after us.

Meh he's pretty cumbersome, but having suffered through alllll his disasters I am tempted to keep him around in the hopes we get to see his "good years" if they ever happen.
Really he should not have been bought and we should trade him in for a top level defender.

Well, that's on you, not Sanchez!
It’s not unjustified nervousness and whilst I’ll always acknowledge that he is trying his best and hope to be wrong, I just don’t share the opinion that he has the tools to reach the level of quality we as a club should be aiming for.
Maybe a Naybet style signing could help him with the positional side of it (it is interesting to me as a big fan of Toby that he has rarely been a captain, maybe Jan has made him look good all these years and he’s a good at following a lead but not a leader?) and maybe someone else can help with his lack of upper body strength / balance in 50/50 challenges but even then I’d still have a question mark on his decision making under pressure as he is weak technically on the ball (not looking for a Stones wannabe here either, just a reasonable first touch and pass)
Don’t get me wrong he is probably not number one in my list of players that I don’t think we can’t afford to carry into next season, but I sincerely do not see the potential others still see in him. He’s been here for four seasons now and the best people seem to remember from him was his first season.

It’s not unjustified nervousness and whilst I’ll always acknowledge that he is trying his best and hope to be wrong, I just don’t share the opinion that he has the tools to reach the level of quality we as a club should be aiming for.
Maybe a Naybet style signing could help him with the positional side of it (it is interesting to me as a big fan of Toby that he has rarely been a captain, maybe Jan has made him look good all these years and he’s a good at following a lead but not a leader?) and maybe someone else can help with his lack of upper body strength / balance in 50/50 challenges but even then I’d still have a question mark on his decision making under pressure as he is weak technically on the ball (not looking for a Stones wannabe here either, just a reasonable first touch and pass)
Don’t get me wrong he is probably not number one in my list of players that I don’t think we can’t afford to carry into next season, but I sincerely do not see the potential others still see in him. He’s been here for four seasons now and the best people seem to remember from him was his first season.
YOU think it's not unjustified. It's still YOUR personal view and feeling, not an undisputed fact. You have a made up your mind about him. Fine, but don't confuse your perception with facts.

YOU think it's not unjustified. It's still YOUR personal view and feeling, not an undisputed fact. You have a made up your mind about him. Fine, but don't confuse your perception with facts.
Thank YOU for YOUR permission to share my perception about Davinson Sanchez in the Davinson Sanchez thread. Not sure where I stated anything else other than it was my opinion? Maybe it’s your perception that is confused?

Back