• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Danny Rose

I would still put the Luke Shaw of last season ahead of Rose. Right now though, neither Shaw nor Baines have looked convincing this season and Rose should be picked for the national side.

I still reckon Shaw will be the eventual #1 LB for this country.

I would still put the Luke Shaw of last season ahead of Rose. Right now though, neither Shaw nor Baines have looked convincing this season and Rose should be picked for the national side.

I still reckon Shaw will be the eventual #1 LB for this country.

I wouldnt put Luke Shaw in any defence personally. I think he is a limited player who had a reputation based on coming from Southamptons academy. I also think he will be better in midfield given time and opportunities

Without Kane, Rose would be in for a shot at player of the season for us. Which considering his performances early last season is just fudging amazing .. massive credit to the lad.

He would be on my "won't sell" list, we struggle so much with FB's that can survive in the exposed style of play we use, and still provide a threat going forward, would be crazy to get rid of one that is actually doing the job.

LB should be a complete non priority for us come summer other than keeping the two we already have.

Without Kane, Rose would be in for a shot at player of the season for us. Which considering his performances early last season is just fudgeing amazing .. massive credit to the lad.

He would be on my "won't sell" list, we struggle so much with FB's that can survive in the exposed style of play we use, and still provide a threat going forward, would be crazy to get rid of one that is actually doing the job.

LB should be a complete non priority for us come summer other than keeping the two we already have.

It's amazing the difference a year makes. Fair play to the kid.

Another very good display from him and for me it was between him or Bentelab for MOTM - how Paulinho got it must have been down to a commentator bet/inside joke.

Anyway what was interesting was the commentator talking Rose up as a player. That came after comments from Carver about his importance to the team and last week the press linking him with City - is it just people on here that still argue as to whether he is up to it and question his ability? He has improved in the last year yet most of that was due to fitness and he is now ramming opinions down our throats and showing why the last 3 managers have all rated him from the off.

Any news on his injury? Looked like it was just a precaution at the time, but the challenge that (I think) gave him the injury certainly looked painful.

Suppose it's not a huge deal if he misses a couple of games at this point as long as it's nothing serious. But would like to see him continue to develop an understanding with others as we hopefully keep putting in good performances for the rest of the season :)

Anyway what was interesting was the commentator talking Rose up as a player. That came after comments from Carver about his importance to the team and last week the press linking him with City - is it just people on here that still argue as to whether he is up to it and question his ability? He has improved in the last year yet most of that was due to fitness and he is now ramming opinions down our throats and showing why the last 3 managers have all rated him from the off.

Opposition teams are starting to target one of our defensive flanks and it ain't Rose's side.

Of course, one of the coaches* of said opposition teams is regarded by many on this board as having negative tactical acumen so it was probably just a fluke.

* The one who employed an impostor to give a magnanimous post-match interview after his team had beaten us.

Can he really keep this form up? if so, there will be a long line of admirers. Am really surprised at his maturity and development this season - still young too!

Go on son!

Is it form though. He had the tools but maybe not the brain or aptitude but he has learned as he has got older and more experienced

This is only hai third season at left back IIRC and his knowledge of the ps position is improving all the time and so is he

By far and away the best left back in the league and miles better than re likes of clyne on the opposite side

Is it form though. He had the tools but maybe not the brain or aptitude but he has learned as he has got older and more experienced

This is only hai third season at left back IIRC and his knowledge of the ps position is improving all the time and so is he

By far and away the best left back in the league and miles better than re likes of clyne on the opposite side

Best compliment to how far Danny has come is the fact that City had Milner almost man marking him ..

Danny Rose is a target for Atletico Madrid - and the Spanish club are prepared to fight Emirates Marketing Project for his signature.

Atletico boss Diego Simeone has had Spurs left-back Rose scouted extensively this season and has now made his interest known.

Rose, 24, has enjoyed an outstanding season for Tottenham and broken into the England squad.

But it is believed that the north London club could sell him for around £14million in order to strengthen elsewhere, as they have a ready-made replacement in the squad in Welshman Ben Davies.

City are looking at Rose as they seek to replace under-performing left-backs Gael Clichy and Aleksandar Kolarov, as well as boosting their quota of English players.

But Atletico’s interest could be intriguing for the Yorkshireman, as he may fancy the challenge of playing abroad.

Simeone is targeting a left-back and is also trying to re-sign Chelsea’s Filipe Luis, who has failed to nail down regular football since a £15.8m move to London from the Vicente Calderon last season.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/manchester-city-face-transfer-battle-5654166

If I was him and an offer from Althletico Madrid came in I'd be tempted, we are fortunate that English folks generally are brick at languages and adapting to different cultures, it's bodes well for us as there are less viable clubs for the English lads (that can barely manage speaking English)

He would suit a Simeone team as he has the attitude and is always prepared for a fight. Danny must look around the Spurs team and see that many don't have the same passion or desire that he has, but he has also developed the maturity alongside it.

If I was a black player I think I'd be hesitant about moving to Spain. A Wednesday night in Zaragoza might night be all that much fun...

I don't think £14m is anywhere near enough for Rose at this point. Would be very surprised if that article is right and we would be happy to sell him for that.

A real shortage of quality left backs around and Rose looks like he's developing into a quality left back.

Back