• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Danny Rose

I actually think Rose looks promising at left-back. He has decent pace and strength to recover when caught up the pitch and, as such, he commits himself forward and provides better width then BAE does. His crosses weren't great today, but he got in good, advanced positions 3 or 4 times to deliver them. And he also got an assist for the goal by getting himself into the box at a good time. I like his direct play, I think it compliments the rest of the team well and balances out the left flank.

Defensively, he can still improve, but I think AVB is looking at what he brings to the table, rather than his defensive deficiencies. IMO, he's worth persevering with.

Yeah!

Though I have to admit, I never rated Harry Kane when I first saw him... *puts on dunce hat*

I'd just like to say that Rose has had a really good season this season. I'd even say he is probably the least culpable out of all of our defenders for our ridiculous goals against column this season. He works hard bombing up and down that left-flank providing a consistent outlet. The signing of Davies has really given him a boost to hold onto his place and he's really used the extra pressure to kick-on, which has resulted in an England call-up (curtailed by injury of course). Well done, Danny-boy!

I'd just like to say that Rose has had a really good season this season. I'd even say he is probably the least culpable out of all of our defenders for our ridiculous goals against column this season. He works hard bombing up and down that left-flank providing a consistent outlet. The signing of Davies has really given him a boost to hold onto his place and he's really used the extra pressure to kick-on, which has resulted in an England call-up (curtailed by injury of course). Well done, Danny-boy!

too bad he didn't get to make it 5 Spurs players on the pitch yesterday ..

The consistency of Rose's performances are clear... none of his detractors (we all know who they are; just scroll back a couple of pages) bother to try to highlight his supposed weaknesses.

Seems to be the only player who gives a sh*t

If Harry was not Harry, he would be a shoe in for POTY.

He knows if he doesnt play like this Davies will be in.
Who else has this sort of competition in our current team?

Maybe... though, based on Davies' far from stellar performances, Rose will need to pull stinker after stinker for him to worry about losing his place.

So much for a vaunted in depth squad strength :(

He knows if he doesnt play like this Davies will be in.
Who else has this sort of competition in our current team?
Does he know that he will be out? I mean you're talking as if he's been pushed really hard for his place but it's not like Davies has been anything better than average this season when he's played really. Which isn't really any different to our squad players in other positions....

Does he know that he will be out? I mean you're talking as if he's been pushed really hard for his place but it's not like Davies has been anything better than average this season when he's played really. Which isn't really any different to our squad players in other positions....

Davies has started ahead of him in league games when they were both fit.

Davies has started ahead of him in league games when they were both fit.
Yes he has, that was the idea of getting Davies in so Rose could be rested at times. Rose is picked for the cast majority of league games,and the big cup games too. He isn't currently being pushed by Davies....

Having backed Rose from the beginning, even when he was getting slagged off to high heavens last season I am so happy he is winning his detractors over

He is a frigging beast

He will always have detractors and when you see how much too. Our left side has and therefore is exposed to you can see why... But he isn't the problem and games like today you only see the best of him

This season he and been England's best full back. Clyne looks good jan very defensive unit yet loo stoss for England where against a good side..: Rose is the bets if the new bunch I the left hand side

It's quite funny to think that. if we have a couple of average seasons, he could end up at a better club than us -- despite being deemed not good enough for us by a fair few people!

I also don't agree that this season has been some dramatic transformation for him. He was very good on loan at Sunderland. He came back and was good under AVB initially, then he got injured. He came back and struggled for form a bit, then got back on track and he is what you see right now. He was unfortunate enough to make some high profile errors (like the one against Arsenal on the half-way line) and that is what stuck in people's minds when they formed their opinion of him I think. To me though, he plays in the same way; a little rash at times, totally committed and full of purpose, whether making a tackle, going for a header or a run down the line. He's not Maldini but he's a bloody decent player and if the rest of them had the balls he's got, we might have finished in the top 4 this season.

I think he has been by far our best defender of the season
I'd say he's been one of the best attackers too! When he bombs forward it's with full fudging commitment. He takes on players, trying to get past full sprint. No fudging about with him! I really like his spirit! As the dza said, if the rest of the team had only half the courage and spirit of Rose, we'd be in a hell of a lot better position!

Last edited:
Back