• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Danny Rose

I won't be holding my breath, clear as day he got the ball, no foul, no penalty, no red card = the fa (or prem whoever it is) will uphold the ban!!

If it was the Referee who gave it then I would agree with you as he is very unlikely to change his decision and admit to an error. But as it was the Lino who gave it and not the Referee there is a chance he will recind it on seeing it for himself for the second time. But hey! I agree also that the FA are never that clear just like FIFA!!

Yes it was.

Lets not go on like if that was Kompany which did that you wouldnt be shouting for a penalty.

I know I wouldn't be. I forget which penalty we got early in the season for one of those 1-0 wins but I was not thrilled that we got it since it cheapened the result.
It's obvious when a player is going for the ball with his hands, aka Fernandinho the backup goalkeeper who almost punched Capoue's shot out.

What? When Dzeko belted the ball at him from about 7 yards and it hit has arms in front of his face as he turned sideways away from the strike? Really? clear, clear penalty for that? He wasn't making himself big by spreading his arms, he wasn't even watching the ball. Why is that a "clear" pen?

Right, if it hit his arms protecting face, fine, but it settled BETWEEN his arms for a second and then dropped like a stone. I'm not saying he meant it but he handled the ball and stopped it from going forwards. If that hadn't been given against us I'd have been upset.

feel for Verts....

Just as he is coming back....Rose is going to be out..

guess he is destined to play left back again....

I wonder if chiriches has played LB before. I think he might suit the role actually. It would give him a chance to get forward a bit.

Red card has now been rescinded

And rightly so....now can we replay the game from the 50th minute at 1-0? No, didnt think so.

Good news its been rescinded, but nowe I am even more f#cked off, because the FA have bascially agreed it was the wrong decision

He can but in this instance he probably thought the link had seen something he'd missed.

In defence of the ref, his assistant was much closer to the incident so I think he cannot be blamed, it was just unfortunate, $hite happens

I have seen nothing to indicate he would excel as a left back

Well he likes getting forward and looks to pick out out a pass more often than not. I don't think he is a LB either but he can't be any worse than Vertoghen at LB who gets skinned repeatedly when playing against anyone mobile. I'd prefer to weaken one position and keep Vertoghen at CB where he is most effective rather than move him out to LB and effectively weaken two positions, when Rose is out that is.

regarding that red card incident ... who's role was it to mark dzeko in the first place ? he had acres of space in front of him

regarding that red card incident ... who's role was it to mark dzeko in the first place ? he had acres of space in front of him

For me it remains a massive problem with the CBs, but we can equally look at ball-watching midfielders. Eriksen easily beaten wide, as the ball is played inside by City I have no idea what position Daws has taken up, but it's in the middle of nowhere looking at nothing and always leaving him chasing the passer, Dzeko (not being Ray Charles) sees the MASSIVE space between Chiriches and Rose…just poor defending all round. I would PERSONALLY say that Rose needed to see that his immediate duty was to make sure he did not sit flat across from Chiriches as there's no chance a ball to Dzeko would find him offside, thus he HAS to drop in a couple of yards and react BEFORE the pass is played. Yes, the ball could be checked out wide at that point, but the immediate threat, Dzeko, is not a danger anymore. Soooo…many involved but, ultimately, Rose has the perspective and sees it unfolding. People **** Benny but he used to see that sort of thing. Oh how I wish we'd thrown wonga for Baines and at least tried...

I'm bored so decided to re watch that event and break it down as best I can:

1) Spurs' Left hand side of the pitch: City counter and Spurs over commit before the ball is switched wide right to Dzeko who carries the ball into Spurs territory with Walker chasing back having been sucked in to cover Dawson vs Silva.
2) Dzeko cuts inside and tries a neat 1-2 which is cleared by Eriksen to City's left back, Dzeko drifts into channel between Rose and Chiriches.
3) City knock the ball around on their left wing before Silva plays a cute reverse pass (whilst dragging Eriksen out of position) to the on rushing Fernandinho. He is running at a square on Capoue. Bentaleb is marking Toure who is not involved.

THERE IS A MASSIVE SPACE NOW BETWEEN OUR TWO BANKS OF FOUR
Our back line is not organised
You could drive two busses side by side between Dawson and Chiriches

4) Fernandinho gets past Capoue who avoids making the foul. This however puts Fernandinho running into the space between our lines.
5) Dawson steps out to challenge Fernandinho. Walker stays in line but Chiriches runs back to goal aiming to cut out the pass between he and Dawson or the shot should Dawson be beaten.
6) Rose who before was somewhere between marking Navas and Dzeko now starts to run in support of Vlad, but he is too late. There is already too much ground to cover.
7) Vlad seems unaware of Dzeko's movement or assumes wrongly that Rose is on it.
8) Rose makes a great covering tackle but gets a red.

Things to consider:

It took 40 seconds for us to go from Rose crossing the ball into their box to Rose making that tackle. At the start of the counter Jovetic held the ball up well, yet despite us getting numbers around him he was still able to pick out an easy square ball to Toure, simply put we didn't close his options down and allowed the move to continue. Ade was on scene and could have done this but was half hearted and didn't even try to cut out the option.

Having cut out the 1-2 and cleared the ball we reverted to two banks of four with one extra. Capoue for me is at fault in this section as he and Walker seem to be marking the same man, standing goalside of Jovetic. Once Silva plays in Fernandinho, Capoue is ill positioned and ends up neither challenging nor fouling Fernandinho.

As noted earlier, Navas stays very wide throughout and as a result Rose is left unsure whether or not to tuck in or stay in a position which allows him to partially cover both Dzeko and Navas. He chooses the latter.

The communication between the defenders is questionable. Yes they were exposed terribly but the amount of space they leave between one another for players to run into is criminal. I can't help but wonder how things would've panned out if they had kept it narrow and dropped off a little bit before challenging. Likely Fernadinho wouldn't have been able to pass the ball through, and be forced to spray it wide to an open Navas. The issue for me comes from the midfield first and the defence second in this case.

Last edited:
Back