• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Danny Rose

I think Mancini also brought on a full back a few times to allow him to re-jig his formation resulting in a win.

Vs Man UTD at home BAE came on and offered a natural attacking outlet from the left being able to cross the ball that lead to our equaliser

Some good examples :)

If you're not creating enough chances in a game and you need a goal then you need to change the flow of the game somehow. Bringing on an attacking full back (particularly one with a good cross in his locker) can do that just as well as bringing on an attacking midfielder or another striker. Most of the time more than one sub will be available too so it's not like it has to be one or the other.

Take England, say they need a goal in a game in the World Cup I think it makes a lot of sense to bring on Baines for Cole.

I won't be holding my breath, clear as day he got the ball, no foul, no penalty, no red card = the fa (or prem whoever it is) will uphold the ban!!

Thought at the time and still think it so that dzeko's knees buckle before contact. A dive. Only a few pundits have dared mention this along with that retired ref that goes on talksport. Emirates Marketing Project are getting the decisions that United used to get. Karma? Doesn't help us though. We fought back into that game to get to 1-1. Denied. Then the pen and we folded. BUT if that was Liverpool/Chelsea/United/Arsenal and even Everton, more would have been made of the dissalowed goal, the wrong pen/red card.

Looking back at the Premier League clash at White Hart Lane, Gallagher believes the decision to award a penalty against Rose, when he appeared to win the ball in a challenge with Edin Dzeko, was wrong.

However, he feels referee Andre Marriner had no choice but to dismiss the Spurs defender after pointing to the spot.

"It wasn't Andre's fault," Gallagher said. "Danny Rose has got so much of the ball. Dzeko's knees have buckled. For me, it's a good tackle.

"It's the assistant who gives the penalty, and unfortunately once the penalty's given, the argument is it's a red card, it's got to be a red card because it's denying a goal scoring opportunity, but for me, no. No penalty. No red card.

"The referee should just give a corner, he's played the ball out, but the assistant has come in and he's flagged. In all honesty, he's given what he thinks he's seen. But he's read it wrong, and unfortunately he's sold the referee down the river. It should be a corner, and we can't defend that."

Tottenham endured other misfortune during their 5-1 reverse at home when Michael Dawson ghosted in behind Emmanuel Adebayor to meet a free-kick and volley into the net from close range, only to be denied by the assistant's flag.

On this occasion, Gallagher backed the decision from the same assistant, on the basis that Adebayor was offside when he challenged City keeper Joe Hart for Christian Eriksen's aerial delivery.

Gallagher said: "It's the same assistant. And I think he's got this one 100% right because the law does say if a player attempts to challenge for the ball, he must be given offside. Adebayor's in an offside position as the ball comes in.

"Hart goes to play the ball and Adebayor goes to head the ball. Now the minute he goes to head the ball, he's interfered with an opponent and therefore he's guilty of an offside offence. Therefore the goal was correctly disallowed."

Looking back at the Premier League clash at White Hart Lane, Gallagher believes the decision to award a penalty against Rose, when he appeared to win the ball in a challenge with Edin Dzeko, was wrong.

However, he feels referee Andre Marriner had no choice but to dismiss the Spurs defender after pointing to the spot.

"It wasn't Andre's fault," Gallagher said. "Danny Rose has got so much of the ball. Dzeko's knees have buckled. For me, it's a good tackle.

"It's the assistant who gives the penalty, and unfortunately once the penalty's given, the argument is it's a red card, it's got to be a red card because it's denying a goal scoring opportunity, but for me, no. No penalty. No red card.

"The referee should just give a corner, he's played the ball out, but the assistant has come in and he's flagged. In all honesty, he's given what he thinks he's seen. But he's read it wrong, and unfortunately he's sold the referee down the river. It should be a corner, and we can't defend that."

Tottenham endured other misfortune during their 5-1 reverse at home when Michael Dawson ghosted in behind Emmanuel Adebayor to meet a free-kick and volley into the net from close range, only to be denied by the assistant's flag.

On this occasion, Gallagher backed the decision from the same assistant, on the basis that Adebayor was offside when he challenged City keeper Joe Hart for Christian Eriksen's aerial delivery.

Gallagher said: "It's the same assistant. And I think he's got this one 100% right because the law does say if a player attempts to challenge for the ball, he must be given offside. Adebayor's in an offside position as the ball comes in.

"Hart goes to play the ball and Adebayor goes to head the ball. Now the minute he goes to head the ball, he's interfered with an opponent and therefore he's guilty of an offside offence. Therefore the goal was correctly disallowed."

So Marriner cant overule the lino then, utter bull**** saying he HAD to give the pen

That lino was so bad, it makes me think that they sometimes get paid off. How can you balls up two vital decisions like that? The Rose one especially.

100% agree

If there is match fixing in Italy why not here?

From the 35th min onwards the Emirates Marketing Project players were in the officials ear after every single decision, who knows what was said at HT too as the lino defo upped his game in their favour massively

100% agree

If there is match fixing in Italy why not here?

Come on mate.

City were denied a clear, clear penalty in the first half when Bentaleb basically caught the ball!!!! The only 'fixing' you could say is that City can afford to have such a talented side on the pitch. But they would've destroyed us anyway…I didn't think it at the time but that's because I am a supporter.

Come on mate.

City were denied a clear, clear penalty in the first half when Bentaleb basically caught the ball!!!! The only 'fixing' you could say is that City can afford to have such a talented side on the pitch. But they would've destroyed us anyway…I didn't think it at the time but that's because I am a supporter.

That was never handball from Bentaleb.

Come on mate.

What? When Dzeko belted the ball at him from about 7 yards and it hit has arms in front of his face as he turned sideways away from the strike? Really? clear, clear penalty for that? He wasn't making himself big by spreading his arms, he wasn't even watching the ball. Why is that a "clear" pen?

Like i said in the OMT.

Vertonghens luck that, his first game back could well be at left back now :lol:

Back