• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Danny Rose

We already have Dier who is meant to cover about 5 positions on the pitch...dont need another! Two players per position...
Which 5 positions is that then? Other than a couple of games early in his career as a right back it's been DM and CB for him. Positions players like Ledley King have changed between early in their careers.

We've had two players for the RB spot since signing Trippier at least. Dier is at most an emergency backup. Just like we have two left backs and KWP is at most an emergency backup there.

Having players versatile and good enough to be emergency backups is a strength for us though.

Rose needs to watch out, KWP can look equally good at LWB too. (I'm only half-serious here btw).

Not so far from the truth. He played LB for England when winning the U20 World Cup this summer (as I know you know). So with more first team experience that ability to vary position makes him a valuable asset. .

We already have Dier who is meant to cover about 5 positions on the pitch...dont need another! Two players per position...

I think that you are a little out of tune with our manager on the flexibility of players.

Not so far from the truth. He played LB for England when winning the U20 World Cup this summer (as I know you know). So with more first team experience that ability to vary position makes him a valuable asset. .

Is he two footed or a right footed LB?

Absolutely love that Davies got a goal today. In the grand scheme of things it doesn't really matter but it's just great to issue a reminder to Rose that the person he is competing with is performing and making a difference.

Besides, I think Davies is under rated. He isn't a type to beat a man to the byline but he is a very intelligent runner and regularly breaks forward into the box and is a danger that way. With Son or GKN playing wide left he is a danger.

Yes IMO he does warrant another pay rise. He is the best left back in the league. The player operating in the same position on the opposite flank has just gone for 2 to 3 times Rose's salary. If we were to replace Rose with somebody equally good then how much would we have to pay them do you think? I disagree completely with Rose's methods here but I do understand his sentiment. There are players at Crystal Palace earning more than him. Are any as good as he is? Are they the best player in their position in the league and right at their peak?

NO but I argue Palace are over paying their players of less an ability, I would also say that Emirates Marketing Project are over spending on Walkers wages because thats their method, they paid Toure 200k a week to get their man, thats part of their method. I would say based on Rose career to date he is in and around on the right spot for 65k a week

NO but I argue Palace are over paying their players of less an ability, I would also say that Emirates Marketing Project are over spending on Walkers wages because thats their method, they paid Toure 200k a week to get their man, thats part of their method. I would say based on Rose career to date he is in and around on the right spot for 65k a week

On the subject of wages, have a look at this piece in the middle of this which claims to list every Utd player's wages. They're a lot lower than some rumours:

http://www.dailystar.co.uk/sport/fo...ttenham-Liverpool-Arsenal-rumours-gossip-news

On the subject of wages, have a look at this piece in the middle of this which claims to list every Utd player's wages. They're a lot lower than some rumours:

http://www.dailystar.co.uk/sport/fo...ttenham-Liverpool-Arsenal-rumours-gossip-news

Wages are all too much of a guessing game these days, like I Said there will be small clubs over paying their players by lots (West Ham, Palace etc) but that does not mean Rose is under paid, nor does a club like City who are paying HUGE wages.

If you used other clubs as a yard stick to what players should be paid you would not know where to start

Absolutely love that Davies got a goal today. In the grand scheme of things it doesn't really matter but it's just great to issue a reminder to Rose that the person he is competing with is performing and making a difference.

Besides, I think Davies is under rated. He isn't a type to beat a man to the byline but he is a very intelligent runner and regularly breaks forward into the box and is a danger that way. With Son or GKN playing wide left he is a danger.

I have always thought Davies is good enough to be a regular at most clubs, comparing him with Rose ( as some do) is unfair as the both have their strengths. IMO Rose is better bombing forward then Davies but again imo Davies is the better defender.

He goes about his job without any fuss and unlike Rose he is hardly noticed but he is a very good player.

Back