• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Danny Rose

The manner in which Rose chose to air his comments was ill advised and the timing was poor. Either he was hoping he would sign some players by now, hence the timing of the comments or he quite simply wants to leave, I suspect the latter but hope I'm wrong.

Having said that, I cannot disagree with anything he has said (well, the google comment was uncalled for but I could see what he was getting at). As the likes of Billyiddo and AdamB pointed out, just because some posters on here are happy to carry on without making any signings and trusting our youth policy, don't expect that to keep our star players happy. From their point of view, we are so close to actually achieving something i.e. winning a title and/or a cup. They see this as the perfect opportunity for SOME reinvestment, not £200m like Emirates Marketing Project are spending. We only need 2-3 players to improve the squad depth and we would be putting ourselves in a very strong position to win trophies.

As others have pointed out, what's the point of going through such an enormous upheaval in the form of knocking down WHL and rebuilding it if we don't raise our wage bill and increase our spending even if only a little?

Sadly, I think Rose is done at Spurs. Poch strikes me as the type of manager to not accept this kind of insubordination if that's what you want to call it. I think we would be worse off for it. I rate Ben Davies but Rose is still quite clearly the superior player in my eyes. Rose is quicker, betting defensively and going forward, is a more ferocious athlete and has that edge that top players (like Dele Alli) have. I could live with it if we moved him on next summer but to sell both full backs to rival clubs in the same window would be a mistake.

Makes me laugh when people say "I I can't dance with any of it"

Why can't you? We know absolutely nothing about the situation to make an educated comment on what goes on at Spurs, its like me saying I want more money and Danny Rose saying "give him what he wants" from the outside knowing nothing.

And the reason you I can't dance is because as a fan you want the club to spend more money without knowing the impact in doing so, hardly an educated view really.

Why can't you? We know absolutely nothing about the situation to make an educated comment on what goes on at Spurs, its like me saying I want more money and Danny Rose saying "give him what he wants" from the outside knowing nothing.

And the reason you I can't dance is because as a fan you want the club to spend more money without knowing the impact in doing so, hardly an educated view really.
I can't dance does not necessarily mean agree....perhaps because of not knowing much about the situation? just saying...

Because I don't blindly accept something as the truth just because someone tells me it is so. We are all more than capable of weighing things up for ourselves and forming an opinion. Some football fans will always back the club regardless within reason and I wouldn't ever want to deny people the right to do that, but I don't agree with it.

None of us have ever seen the balance sheet for THFC but what we know is that tv money has increased exponentially over the last decade. Coupled with the fact that we have seen our best league form consistently in decades should mean we have more resources to spend on players and wages.

It is completely unrealistic to expect us to match certain other clubs spending but I don't accept that we can't increase our wage bill and add to the squad this summer and in the future.

Because I don't blindly accept something as the truth just because someone tells me it is so. We are all more than capable of weighing things up for ourselves and forming an opinion. Some football fans will always back the club regardless within reason and I wouldn't ever want to deny people the right to do that, but I don't agree with it.

None of us have ever seen the balance sheet for THFC but what we know is that tv money has increased exponentially over the last decade. Coupled with the fact that we have seen our best league form consistently in decades should mean we have more resources to spend on players and wages.

It is completely unrealistic to expect us to match certain other clubs spending but I don't accept that we can't increase our wage bill and add to the squad this summer and in the future.

You can find the accounts online or use Swissramble for a really detailed and informative view of our finances.

IS that not what you are doing based on one player who has a vested interest in their wallet?

No, my opinion is based on the revenue we have generated along with player sales, tv rights, sponsorships etc. Not because one rogue player has gone public about his wage demands.

YOu have done the classic, looked at the money coming into the game and pay no attention to the outgoings we currently have as a football club though. The training ground, youth set up and ground to bring us up to a level needed are not free.

You think all profits made by a club should be absorbed by players and wages?

YOu have done the classic, looked at the money coming into the game and pay no attention to the outgoings we currently have as a football club though. The training ground, youth set up and ground to bring us up to a level needed are not free.

You think all profits made by a club should be absorbed by players and wages?

No, but I would rather pay our top players more money compared to our turnover/revenue etc than carry on paying £90k a week and losing them within 1-2 years.

If you don't want us to pay more for players then fair enough, just don't be disappointed or angry with them when they move on for more money.

No, but I would rather pay our top players more money compared to our turnover/revenue etc than carry on paying £90k a week and losing them within 1-2 years.

If you don't want us to pay more for players then fair enough, just don't be disappointed or angry with them when they move on for more money.

I understand fully that players will want to progress and earn more what I don't accept is players that signed a year previously expecting more money because the clubs incomes increased. His agent works in the game, his only job is to know the market and the fact he did not account for extra club revenue from the new TV deal when negotiating the players contract is that the clubs fault or his?

Oh my GHod, the timing was so poor.
What's he suppose to do...wait till Christmas and if we're slipping down the table say..
Well I think we should have signed some players in the last window.
At least the guy has some bottle to have an oppinion because he cares about the club.
I may add Danny Rose is one of the most passionate players that
I have seen in my Sixty odd years of following Spurs.....

Absolutely love that Davies got a goal today. In the grand scheme of things it doesn't really matter but it's just great to issue a reminder to Rose that the person he is competing with is performing and making a difference.

Besides, I think Davies is under rated. He isn't a type to beat a man to the byline but he is a very intelligent runner and regularly breaks forward into the box and is a danger that way. With Son or GKN playing wide left he is a danger.
)
In the scheme of grand scheme of things it doesn't,t really (matter)..lol..(BUT) it's great to remind Danny Rose...blah blah..

Oh my GHod, the timing was so poor.
What's he suppose to do...wait till Christmas and if we're slipping down the table say..
Well I think we should have signed some players in the last window.
At least the guy has some bottle to have an oppinion because he cares about the club.
I may add Danny Rose is one of the most passionate players that
I have seen in my Sixty odd years of following Spurs.....

There are varying opinions about the wisdom or otherwise of what Rose said and why he said it. But I think very few would think the motive was anything other than what is best for Danny Rose.

I agree wholeheartedly that he plays with passion, and I absolutely love seeing that. But I think that attitude is in his make-up and he would play with passion regardless of who he is playing for. I really hope things can be cleared up and he can regain his place for us again. But sadly it feels that he is on the exit route, even if it is next summer.

(As an aside, In sixty years you must have seen other passionate players? Graham "run through a brick wall" Roberts is one but there are plenty of others).

According to the tabloids, Chelsea are set to bid 50M.
Now, with the timing of our game, even though he isn't playing, could unsettle some out team.
This tinklers me off immensely, because that fckwad Rose, hasn't considered anything thing, implication, knock on effect, that his outburst could affect. On a par with Cntball, sorry.

http://m.tottenhamhotspur.com/the-club/investor-relations/annual-reports/
http://swissramble.blogspot.co.uk/2016/04/tottenham-hotspur-moving-on-up.html

According to the tabloids, Chelsea are set to bid 50M.
Now, with the timing of our game, even though he isn't playing, could unsettle some out team.
This tinklers me off immensely, because that fckwad Rose, hasn't considered anything thing, implication, knock on effect, that his outburst could affect. On a par with Cntball, sorry.

I take your point about the timing and whole tone of his interview being inappropriate but I seriously don't think this will disrupt the squad prior to the game at the weekend.

I hope Poch shows them Hazard's equaliser at the battle of the bridge game in order to rev them up for this one. Get Chelsea off to a double loss start to the season and we can pretty much end their title aspirations before mid August.

Don't fall into the sky clap trap ... how can any team be out of any race, title or relegation, after just two games in.

I hope we crush them and if they want Rose how about they pick up costas wages and we do am exchange of rebels.

Costa up top with kane, would be a battering of all defences.

Standard Sport‏Verified account@standardsport 2m2 minutes ago
1f4b0.png
Tottenham unwilling to negotiate with Chelsea over Danny Rose |
270d.png
@sjstandardsport

Back