• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Danny Rose

I have to say that I'm a little surprised at Poch's forgiving comments about Rose, irrespective of the circumstances. He must really be teachers pet. I can't imagine him being that lenient on other players in the same circumstances.
Just astute man management. Sort of trick Fergie would have pulled if it suited his book. Which it does for Poch who more than anything else needs this media storm to fizzle and disappear as rapidly as it erupted.

It's probably no bad thing that Rose is injured right now. If Poch wants to keep him and the player has a change of heart and decides he really wants to stay, then there's time for it all to blow over whilst he recovers from injury.

I'm amazed at the number of multi millionaries with extensive experience of running big businesses we have on this site, if only they could let the club know how to manage the finances, failing that my grandchildren could help run the club, they know you just buy anything you want and everyone will be happy until a new toy comes out.

This!
[emoji23][emoji23][emoji106][emoji106][emoji106][emoji106][emoji106]tremendous post!!!

Sitting on my porcelain throne using glory-glory.co.uk mobile app

I will make a prediction - Rose will be gone next season.
Perhaps thats our modus operandi - get them young and sell them at the peak. Imagine 50 big ones every year to add to the transfer kitty.

This is a very interesting take on the story. Absolutely stunning if Rose has gone and done this by himself and even the agent is baffled. Harry Hotspur apparently said something similar?

Oh no!
The fact I am even in the same sentence as that utter tosspot worries me!!!!
Lets just say that apparently not all his repping party knew.
He has behaved like a thick taco.
Of course, I have to add that IF it is true that part of his crew did not know, then I think they're naive too. He hitched his skirt for Jenas on 5 Live where Jenas said he ASKED to go on air. That was a disaster IMO and both the club and reps missed the chance to sort him out there.
He will go nowhere this season and like it!

Who played in his position from January last season and how did we do?
No revisionism. Yes, a tremendous asset when fit and adjusted, but the notion that he is even the sixth most important player at the club is wide of the mark. Well wide. In fact, saying we will be 'worse' for it about a player who played no part in our season after January (one which saw us finish higher than ever and with the best defensive record in the league) is revisionism in my book.

You have a very valid point, but the FA Cup Semi Final is a good example of what I mean. Danny plays that day, we have a much better chance of winning.

I like Davies a lot, but he’s not as good as Rose and our system changes with him in the team.

You have a very valid point, but the FA Cup Semi Final is a good example of what I mean. Danny plays that day, we have a much better chance of winning.

I like Davies a lot, but he’s not as good as Rose and our system changes with him in the team.
So he's a bettter left back than Son - pay him what he wants!

Indeed, and I did ponder whether with him and Walker on the pitch that day we absolutely smash them or not. I still maintain we had some poor, poor luck that afternoon, but yes, would not disagree that Rose might have been a difference maker that day.

Indeed, and I did ponder whether with him and Walker on the pitch that day we absolutely smash them or not. I still maintain we had some poor, poor luck that afternoon, but yes, would not disagree that Rose might have been a difference maker that day.
We havent had any luck in a semi or final for years and years

I'm amazed at the number of multi millionaries with extensive experience of running big businesses we have on this site, if only they could let the club know how to manage the finances, failing that my grandchildren could help run the club, they know you just buy anything you want and everyone will be happy until a new toy comes out.

Best not talk about anything related to the sport/club at all then unless we have experience in what we're talking about - team selections? No can't see discuss those because no one has the inside track on what's going on on the training field - transfer targets? Not unless you have been employed as a scout before etc etc

Best not talk about anything related to the sport/club at all then unless we have experience in what we're talking about - team selections? No can't see discuss those because no one has the inside track on what's going on on the training field - transfer targets? Not unless you have been employed as a scout before etc etc
I think it's more the sheer authority that posters talk with about how the club is fudging up / a shambles that gets my back up anyway. Fine to have an opinion but when it's something you have no knowledge of the workings of then best not to be so certain of your opinion I wouldn't have thought?

I think it's more the sheer authority that posters talk with about how the club is fudging up / a shambles that gets my back up anyway. Fine to have an opinion but when it's something you have no knowledge of the workings of then best not to be so certain of your opinion I wouldn't have thought?

They make it up - which goes to prove that Rose is not alone in being a halfwit!

Last edited:

Then direct your ire at them rather than a catch-all condescending post like the one I quoted

Yep, I think this morning/afternoon is a bit of a PR exercise so that we can let the storm calm down and move on, but considering how Poch shipped Townsend out after an argument with Gardiner, you've gotta believe Rose is going to find it incredibly difficult to come back in.

At the very least we can't let it be seen that his interview leads to him being sold or a pay rise - and how thick is Rose to let that happen? He pretty much backs us into a corner giving us either the option to show that any player can kick up a fuss and leave....or severely damage their reputation in the squad.

He's an idiot, and it will never be the same for him here again. We'll move into our nice new stadium next summer, most first 11 players will get good wage rises and Rose will be sold, probably to Everton or or some other team up north, but I would be delighted and would hope it won't be to one of the Manchester clubs. After a season of being our back up LB, his chance will be gone. Brilliant if he misses out on the Euros too. What. An. Idiot.
100% this. I think many of us would like to just move on. BUT Poch s track record suggest otherwise, even in the face of rose being arguably the best LB in the league, Poch is strongly principled and Roses immediate future is very much in our hands.

The 'son of poch' has gone feral. This will massively upset Poch, mainly because he will want to forgive but his principals will overide everything. One way or another Rose is done:( at spurs. Imo.

Back