• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Danny Ings - Burnley's Number 10

Interesting that you say Ings is much more of an all round player than Berahino.... What is it that you think Ings has that Berahino doesn't? I would say Berahino is faster, stronger, has better touch and a better shot. I like Ings and would be more than happy for him to come to Spurs but I don't see him as being a starting number 9 or a player who would be good backup for Kane as our number 9. Remember that if Kane is out then we currently have to either resort to a mentally troubled, inconsistent Adebayor or a non goalscoring centre forward in Soldado.

Awareness, movement and link-up play.

I'd see Ings initially competing with Chadli at LWF and covering for Kane as a #9. I think he would be a good backup #9 (it's more his position than the deeper role he's playing now partnering Barnes).

His versatility (I think he can play RWF as well as LWF) will be more useful than Berahino, who will simply be Kane's understudy.

Berahino also thrives on the last shoulder, but that's no use against deep-sitting teams like we play against 80% of the time. Ings drives from deep/wide, which is more what we are in need of.

I'd actually see it as a bit of a Keane (Ings) vs Defoe (Berahino) debate.

Awareness, movement and link-up play.

I'd see Ings initially competing with Chadli at LWF and covering for Kane as a #9. I think he would be a good backup #9 (it's more his position than the deeper role he's playing now partnering Barnes).

His versatility (I think he can play RWF as well as LWF) will be more useful than Berahino, who will simply be Kane's understudy.

Berahino also thrives on the last shoulder, but that's no use against deep-sitting teams like we play against 80% of the time. Ings drives from deep/wide, which is more what we are in need of.

I'd actually see it as a bit of a Keane (Ings) vs Defoe (Berahino) debate.

Well Berahino scored 4 at the weekend against a side albeit much inferior but because of that they sat deep and he had to score special goals to get the better of them

I think Berahino is a top talent, worth taking a punt on.

As someone above suggested, a trio of Kane, Berahino and Ings looks very tasty indeed.

If you're a sh!t Prem team during with little money in Career Mode he's worth a punt at under £2m on FIFA, overall rating 71 and quick with decnt finishing.

As for real life....is he worth a punt?

Yea Kane, Berahino and Ings sounds good to me. Shouldn't have to buy a striker for another 10 years.

Surely a cheeky buy now, loan back till the end of the season would be a cracking deal for both clubs, it would see off any interest from other clubs, we get our man in the summer at a decent price and Burnley keep their best player for the relegation scrap.

Surely a cheeky buy now, loan back till the end of the season would be a cracking deal for both clubs, it would see off any interest from other clubs, we get our man in the summer at a decent price and Burnley keep their best player for the relegation scrap.

Possibly. But it might harm their season ticket sales and things like that (demonstrating lack of ambition etc.).

Maybe if we do that and let them loan one of our outcasts that we can't sell too? £5m + Ings and say Capoue for 6 months etc.

GB - I'm really not convinced that you have actually watched Berahino play.... He is completely comfortable getting involved in the build up and does so often. He can also play from the channels as well as through the middle on the shoulder of the last defender. Go to youtube and watch some of the goals he has scored. He is a lovely striker of the ball with both feet. His movement is also very good.

I like Ings as a player but don't think his top end is nearly as high as Berahino's potential.

Sorry I dont know how to multi quote

Just click the little quotation mark on the bottom right of as many posts as you want (you'll get a little tick) and then the last one click "reply with quote" and they'll all appear.

Welcome to the madhouse. :)

If he's got the work ethic of Kane and the attitude and fight of Bentaleb/Mason I'd be happy to have him

We've got to sign him, just so we can talk about him and Harry giving other teams massive Kane-Ings.

You're welcome.

If we're going to sign someone from the PL without breaking the bank/grossly overpay, he is the one.

I would like to see Ings too but it doesn't negate our need for a big, strong No. 9. Ings for Soldado and say Benteke for Ade and now you are talking. Options of Kane, Ings and Benteke would be exciting. Then we could have "Bent Kane--Ings"

Oh er Missus.... Very kinky!!!!!

Back