• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Daniel Levy's Transfer Policy Revealed

Incredible! Below par hey? What exactly is par for you? Bareing in mind, utd, Liverpool and arsenal were all established CL clubs when levy came in and that Chelsea and city won the lottery, so 5 clubs should be ahead of us and winning the trophies, yet we've been pretty much 4th/5th since mid 2000's. We have probably the best training ground in the world, an excellant academy that just dingdonged the lauded barca 4-0 at their place and we're pretty much starting work on a new 60k seater stadium..

On what planet is that below par?

Like the cut of this.

Incredible! Below par hey? What exactly is par for you? Bareing in mind, utd, Liverpool and arsenal were all established CL clubs when levy came in and that Chelsea and city won the lottery, so 5 clubs should be ahead of us and winning the trophies, yet we've been pretty much 4th/5th since mid 2000's. We have probably the best training ground in the world, an excellant academy that just dingdonged the lauded barca 4-0 at their place and we're pretty much starting work on a new 60k seater stadium..

On the planet where idioms with the word "par" in them are based on golf and being below par is seen as a good thing? ;)

So for the people who say "only 1 league cup" and "below par" name me another chairman in the league you would take over Levy?

=D>

Levy will have himself to blame if he fails to get a striker and we fall away

I disagree, Levy's role requires him to take a long term view of what is in Spurs interest. Whilst it will be disappointing if we do not qualify for the Champions League this season, just as it was last, we can only sign players if the deal makes financial sense.

I disagree, Levy's role requires him to take a long term view of what is in Spurs interest. Whilst it will be disappointing if we do not qualify for the Champions League this season, just as it was last, we can only sign players if the deal makes financial sense.

what happens if we blow 15-20 mil on a forward on 60k p/w+ and we miss out on CL ? would seriously effect us financially over the coming seasons, might even set us back a step or two

what happens if we blow 15-20 mil on a forward on 60k p/w+ and we miss out on CL ? would seriously effect us financially over the coming seasons, might even set us back a step or two

We didn't do that when we did qualify and that was needed quite obvious we won't be spending big anytime soon. My main gripes with levy in my opinion and it's only an opinion do don't shoot me down but I think the height of his ambitions are 4th place. We were genuinely in with a shout of winning the title last season yet January was a disaster.

We didn't do that when we did qualify and that was needed quite obvious we won't be spending big anytime soon. My main gripes with levy in my opinion and it's only an opinion do don't shoot me down but I think the height of his ambitions are 4th place. We were genuinely in with a shout of winning the title last season yet January was a disaster.

i just think he is playing the long game - we don't want to hear it as fans but until the stadium is sorted (building work begun/financing secured) id imagine that possibly spending massive amounts on the first team is of a secondary concern.

re last Jan - i don't think he was prepared to back Redknapp in the market once he made it clear that he was ready to leave for England and quite frankly that was the right decision. maybe if Redknapp had signed a new contract then and committed to the club then perhaps he would have been backed in Jan, who knows?

Special circumstances last January, though.

Harry's court case plus an increasing tension between manager and chairman. My guess is that Levy wasn't at all sure that Harry would still be with the club in a month's time, let alone for seasons to come. In such circumstances, it's not entirely surprising that he preferred to keep his wallet in his pocket.

We signed both Sandro and VdV that summer and I don't think we sold anyone. Net spend of £15-16m, then we added to that with Pienaar in the January transfer window.

Based on the analysis of the financial reports I've seen we just about broke even that season even after considering CL money.

i just think he is playing the long game - we don't want to hear it as fans but until the stadium is sorted (building work begun/financing secured) id imagine that possibly spending massive amounts on the first team is of a secondary concern.

re last Jan - i don't think he was prepared to back Redknapp in the market once he made it clear that he was ready to leave for England and quite frankly that was the right decision. maybe if Redknapp had signed a new contract then and committed to the club then perhaps he would have been backed in Jan, who knows?

I agree on both points

I wouldn't quite say secondary concern, but the two will have to be balanced. It's important for the club to remain up where we currently are up until the point the stadium is built to maintain the same levels of income and make sure we will fill that stadium when it's finished.

It is true that until then, or actually until quite a while after that as we're likely to have some loans to repay we will have to be careful in the transfer market. We can't just go toe to toe with the Manchester clubs, Chelsea and Arsenal on transfer fees or wages.

And we're perfectly able to maintain our current position without spending £20-30 million on a single player.

I wouldn't quite say secondary concern, but the two will have to be balanced. It's important for the club to remain up where we currently are up until the point the stadium is built to maintain the same levels of income and make sure we will fill that stadium when it's finished.

It is true that until then, or actually until quite a while after that as we're likely to have some loans to repay we will have to be careful in the transfer market. We can't just go toe to toe with the Manchester clubs, Chelsea and Arsenal on transfer fees or wages.

'secondary concern' wasn't quite what i meant tbh i just couldn't think of a better way to word it at the time :p

Re: The We8Campbell Memorial ITK Thread

Again, and I don't think people believe this...we do not have the liquid funds this window. If anything happens, and I doub it will in terms of big names, it will be because Lewis has stepped in. But history tells us he's not likely to do so...get used to some tight, tight games and reliance on management continuing their fine work.

Back