• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Daniel Levy - Chairman

What about this game, then? Look at Mason's positioning on the first two goals. The guy isn't a dm. He's nowhere near. I made the mistake last season of thinking he was a bad player. He isn't he just isn't a dm.

Again, we're going to lose games and win games and draw games. Whether or not we play someone with a 4 on his back or someone with an 8 on his back in one of the two deep midfield roles.

And I'm not disagreeing that Poch wants more defensive balance in midfield. But if it's at the expense of buying an expensive player who isn't guarenteed to be more of a difference maker than an academy graduate, then it isn't so important. We've beaten top sides without a 'DM' and the term is becoming less and less relevant as coaching evolves.

For those of you slagging off Levy for his deadline day approach:

Monaco vice-president Vadim Vasilyev has revealed Manchester United almost trebled their offer for Anthony Martial within a week, and has confirmed that the total value of the transfer could reach nearly £58m.

http://www.skysports.com/football/n...ebled-offer-for-anthony-martial-within-a-week

"It's true that the price for Martial is £57.6m but take into account this sum includes bonuses which are very realistic. Initially Martial was not for sale, it was absolutely not planned. Since last week United started to make offers which we declined several times – £21.6m, £28.8m, £36m, even £50.4m with bonuses.

On Sunday the player got such an offer that he couldn't have declined. He asked us to find a solution and on Monday morning Manchester United made an offer to Monaco which the club couldn't refuse.

It's absolutely unique. It's the price of Luis Suarez or Neymar – the best players in the world"

Not saying it's right that we waited until August to actually start bidding for Berahino, but fudging hell this puts things into perspective!

IMO that is my biggest gripe with Levy, he sacks to many managers far to often an is one of the reasons we are struggling to get any higher. Hopefully he has come to the conclusion that a manager needs more the a couple of years to build something and start to ignore the rantings of some fans when results are not always going well.

I cannot think of an occasion (with the possible exception of Jol) where Levy has turned on a manager before our fans.

On Sunday the player got such an offer that he couldn't have declined. He asked us to find a solution and on Monday morning Manchester United made an offer to Monaco which the club couldn't refuse.

How does this work? Would manure have to be given permission by Monaco before direct contact with the players representatives is made?
Is the point then that Monaco would either be open to selling the player and was playing the fee game perfectly, or used an illegal approach by manure to press the price even higher?

Again, we're going to lose games and win games and draw games. Whether or not we play someone with a 4 on his back or someone with an 8 on his back in one of the two deep midfield roles.

And I'm not disagreeing that Poch wants more defensive balance in midfield. But if it's at the expense of buying an expensive player who isn't guarenteed to be more of a difference maker than an academy graduate, then it isn't so important. We've beaten top sides without a 'DM' and the term is becoming less and less relevant as coaching evolves.
Cambiasso was available on a free transfer. The problem is we have no academy graduates who is suited to play in this position. Is it good for Masons developenent to play out of position?

Isn't it the job of someone like Mitchell to find less expensive players with high potential who suit our style and needs? What has he been doing all summer when we end up bidding 20 M for Wyanyama?

Isn't it the job of someone like Mitchell to find less expensive players with high potential who suit our style and needs? What has he been doing all summer when we end up bidding 20 M for Wyanyama?

Coz Axel Witsel cost a damn site more :)

I cannot think of an occasion (with the possible exception of Jol) where Levy has turned on a manager before our fans.

It does bug me how Redknapp Jnr grinds his dad's axe along with the gooner/blue scum/scouse dominated media troll the trigger-finger Levy line with managers.

The managerial tenure of proper full time managers is above the EPL average so there must be chairmen/boards with significantly higher turnovers.

His timing and manner of sackings has, at times, been absolutely abysmal but almost all justified and not really a revolving door policy that some portray.

That is what I meant by my post, a few defeats and some of the ( I want it now) fans start the bitching. And Levy for me needs to show more patience and ignore the vocal minority who scream that we need a yet another manager.

As i say he seems to understand that we need more stability and it looks like Poch will be given the time all managers need to progress.

For those of you slagging off Levy for his deadline day approach:

Monaco vice-president Vadim Vasilyev has revealed Manchester United almost trebled their offer for Anthony Martial within a week, and has confirmed that the total value of the transfer could reach nearly £58m.

http://www.skysports.com/football/n...ebled-offer-for-anthony-martial-within-a-week

"It's true that the price for Martial is £57.6m but take into account this sum includes bonuses which are very realistic. Initially Martial was not for sale, it was absolutely not planned. Since last week United started to make offers which we declined several times – £21.6m, £28.8m, £36m, even £50.4m with bonuses.

It's absolutely unique. It's the price of Luis Suarez or Neymar – the best players in the world"

Not saying it's right that we waited until August to actually start bidding for Berahino, but fudgeing hell this puts things into perspective!

we can't do that with berahino, but we shouldve gone for charlie austin for min. cover

And if results suffer, we end in a lower league position then we could have been in if we made the logical decision of getting in a back up striker.

Depending on how much results suffer, this could lead to several events:

If results suffer a little ok fair play we miss out champs league by a few points, massively annoying but not the end of the world.

But what happens if results suffer a lot?

1.We lose our best players, and to those that say well we will just buy others.... Ok no one is bigger than the club, but how have we done replacing Bale or Modric or even Carrick ffs?

2.we drop to a position where we are unable to attract quality of player we are now.

3. Mid table puts the club in to a downward spiral, think Saudi Sportswashing Machine and where they were only a relatively short time ago

I could go on, but you get my point.

It could lead to those situations that you have described, but equally it could not. Our players are contracted on mostly long-term contracts so they will only be sold if we receive an offer that is acceptable to us. Berahino should show us that. So, losing our players will only be on our terms. In terms if we lose them, then losing Bale, Modric and Carrick has resulted in what downturn in performances i.e. league position? We have obviously shown that we can replace them and maintain a league position, despite numerous managerial changes in that time.

In terms of dropping to a position where we are unable to attract the quality of player we are now, I disagree. We will still be able to pay the 6th highest wages in this league and as is continually made out on here and I think perhaps by you (apologies if wrong), the smaller teams than us have managed to strengthen to catch up with us.

Mid-table does not in itself put a club on a downward spiral. Saudi Sportswashing Machine is one example, fine but is that a result of being mid-table or is it a result of the club hiring managers like Sam Allardyce and the general lack of direction and strategy. Look at what Swansea are doing. There is an example of a club on an upward trajectory. Liverpool fell into midtable not so long ago. They haven't fallen into a downward spiral as you suggest.

Cambiasso was available on a free transfer. The problem is we have no academy graduates who is suited to play in this position. Is it good for Masons developenent to play out of position?

Is Cambiasso going to press relentlessly in central midfield and have the stamina of a man with three lungs at his age?

I'd venture that Mason probably thinks Poch is owed a 1000 thankyous for his development that took place last season. Maybe he can send his Head Coach a warm text from the England squad training site.

There must have been a reason, injurys, wages, or maybe they consider him not to be that good.
Pre-eminent physician Dr David Dildo Sullivan declared he had no ligaments in his knees. You don't back against knowledge like that.

Back