• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Daniel Levy - Chairman

See previous pages mate, the article is trash .. from a guy who has zero claim to football knowledge or journalism ..

Well there are experts and then there are journalists who raise the main issues into awareness. main points raised i agree.
that journalism can now sway sponsors, levy's boss, and put pressure for real changes - that's what's so good about having this much coverage.

If you think we should be paying Daniel Levy £10m or even £15m+ a year then you and I will never agree. He is already the highest paid director in English football. We've never had the highest paid player in the PL, yet we have had the highest paid director.... Funny that eh?
We didn't fire Jose to hire Mason?... Really?!?... Could've sworn he was the man leading us to Cup final defeat and 7th place this season..... Who exactly did we sack Jose to hire then?
Arsenal finished in the top 4 throughout the duration of the reign of their best manager since the PL started. We finished in the top 4 throughout the duration of the reign of our best manager since the PL started. Both manager's got sacked, both clubs regressed...
Our chairman sacked a manager who finished in the top 4 (for the 4th consecutive time) and got to a CL final in the same season (which definitely affected league form as the players were running on empty). Not only that but the manager did so with zero new players for 3 consecutive transfer windows. The chairman then got that manager a grand total of three new first team squad players the following window only to sack the manager before he could actually have a chance to use those players as they arrived injured.

Has to be trolling mate

- Levy is part owner/director, so you would need to compare him to Glazers (who have taken £23M from 2020 in dividends)
- No, Mason was a temporary manager and you know that.
- And to final point, your answer was -> no you couldn't find an example where a club kept a manger that had bad run of form, regardless of history

That's some planning and foresight to see a path to buying Tottenham, getting planning permission, build a dual purpose stadium to host NFL and football, and get a franchise outside of US and all along Tottenham was just a means to an end. Got to give him even more credit that I ever did if that's the case
That's quite possibly one of the strangest opinions I've ever heard on this site.

Considering @Danishfurniturelover posts here, that's some achievement.

Aiden Mulally head of Business Development at Tottenham...

Aiden Mulally head of Business Development at Tottenham...

I love it when this quote is brought up - it was said in relation to whether NWHL was a more suitable home for an NFL franchise than Wembley is. Our stadium was designed with NFL use in mind so is essentialy an NFL stadium when in NFL mode whereas Wembley is a football stadium that gets converted for NFL matches...

I see Jonathan Liew's article calling out the coward has drawn some interesting back and forth. Don't get me wrong, he's pretty snide as a rule, but for the first time in a while, I'm seeing one of the main media outlets calling out Levy and his utter mismanagement - I'll take it, even if it's by Liew.

Let me emphasize, this bit...

'Levy, by contrast, operates a small circle of loyal nodding dogs, with an absentee owner in Joe Lewis who may as well be propped up by pillows and sticks. With fans locked out and largely ignored in any case, Levy basically has untrammelled power to keep messing up and getting away with it. How curious that the ninth richest club in the world has somehow ended in a position where the major footballing decisions are being taken by a guy who – with the greatest of respect – does not really seem to know that much about football. This much is evident from the club’s Amazon documentary, in which the normally reclusive Levy is clearly at pains to present himself as some superior footballing intellect, only to come across as the bloke who sits next to you on a plane and tells you about how he won the Champions League with Bolton on Football Manager.

And so the search goes on: led by Levy, assisted by Paratici or perhaps by Steve Hitchen, the head of recruitment who has just been demoted by Paratici’s arrival. Meanwhile Harry Kane drifts towards the exit, Son Heung-min will turn 29 without a club trophy to his name, Érik Lamela still collects a weekly wage and the under-23s lost 6-1 to Emirates Marketing Project last month.

Is there a theme to any of this? Maybe caprice and human error: the inevitable product of tying your club’s fate to one man’s vanity. Together with the doomed European Super League, it is hard not to see Tottenham’s pursuit of Conte as their last shot at leveraging whatever remained of their Big Club status.

The pandemic has bitten hard; the stadium still needs paying for. And whether it is Erik ten Hag or Graham Potter or Roberto Martínez at the helm, Tottenham’s world feels just a little smaller this week, a little darker, a little less hopeful. A bright new dawn that turned out to be another illusion: insofar as the modern Tottenham does have an identity, this might just be it.
'

...this is so spot-on it's amazing that it came from an outside perspective, tbh.

Good. Media are starting to see what many of us could for a decade now, and the fawning articles are giving way to this.

Nothing will substantially change until Levy and Lewis depart with their profits - nothing, because this clueless penny-pincher will stay in charge. Hopefully the momentum is shifting in that regard.

@AberdeenYid - haven't forgotten your post from earlier, will reply in due course.

Has to be trolling mate

- Levy is part owner/director, so you would need to compare him to Glazers (who have taken £23M from 2020 in dividends)
- No, Mason was a temporary manager and you know that.
- And to final point, your answer was -> no you couldn't find an example where a club kept a manger that had bad run of form, regardless of history
You say I'm trolling and then resort to comparing him to the Glaziers as a decent barometer? Fcuk me mate, could you do no better than that?!?

So I ask again, who actually did we sack Jose to hire?

Sorry Pochettino had 12 to 18 months of under performance now did he?..... He took a club with the 6th biggest wage bill and 12th (probably lower) biggest net transfer budget to a 4th placed finish and the CL final. He was sacked 12 games into the following season (having got only 3 new players, only one of whom wasn't injured). 12 paltry games for a manager without his new signings after 4 consecutive years of massive over achievement....

It's lucky for Levy that Lewis has more patience than Levy does, 4 years of bad decisions now and still in place to make more of them....

You say I'm trolling and then resort to comparing him to the Glaziers as a decent barometer? Fcuk me mate, could you do no better than that?!?

So I ask again, who actually did we sack Jose to hire?

Sorry Pochettino had 12 to 18 months of under performance now did he?..... He took a club with the 6th biggest wage bill and 12th (probably lower) biggest net transfer budget to a 4th placed finish and the CL final. He was sacked 12 games into the following season (having got only 3 new players, only one of whom wasn't injured). 12 paltry games for a manager without his new signings after 4 consecutive years of massive over achievement....

It's lucky for Levy that Lewis has more patience than Levy does, 4 years of bad decisions now and still in place to make more of them....

- Name another owner/director to compare him to if you don't like Glazers
- did he? this Poch savior brick is so tiresome, I really try to stay out of this ->

With 25 points from their last 24 games, Tottenham have been in relegation-battling form for the last nine months.
Only three ever-present sides have taken fewer points in that time, while under-fire managers Marco Silva and Unai Emery have both taken at least 10 points more.
Spurs last lost more games in a calendar year in 2008, when they suffered 19 defeats during spells under Juande Ramos and Harry Redknapp.
Their last away league win came in January (he was fired in november) when they scraped an injury-time victory against a Fulham side destined for relegation.
Tottenham's tally of 14 points is their lowest after 12 games of a Premier League season in 11 years.

I don't see how anyone can consider the above and say that everything that levy and enic has done is perfect and we should all be simply grateful for their existence and never question them, which seems to be the stance of some people on here.

I have never seen anyone on here say that Levy has done nothing but perfect things. Name them because i do not remember seeing it.

- Name another owner/director to compare him to if you don't like Glazers
- did he? this Poch savior brick is so tiresome, I really try to stay out of this ->

With 25 points from their last 24 games, Tottenham have been in relegation-battling form for the last nine months.
Only three ever-present sides have taken fewer points in that time, while under-fire managers Marco Silva and Unai Emery have both taken at least 10 points more.
Spurs last lost more games in a calendar year in 2008, when they suffered 19 defeats during spells under Juande Ramos and Harry Redknapp.
Their last away league win came in January (he was fired in november) when they scraped an injury-time victory against a Fulham side destined for relegation.
Tottenham's tally of 14 points is their lowest after 12 games of a Premier League season in 11 years.
Owners to compare him to....
Aiyawatt Srivaddhanaprabha at Leicester
Roman Abramovich at Chelsea
Nassef Sawiris and Wes Edens at Aston Villa
Farhad Moshiri at Everton.
Tony Bloom at Brighton
John Henry at Liverpool

OK so now we've suddenly gone from 12 to 18 months down to 9 months have we? :D What happened to those other 9 months suddenly mate? Even in those 9 months we finished in the top 4 and went to the CL final....
So in reality it simply comes back to this: 'Tottenham's tally of 14 points is their lowest after 12 games of a Premier League season in 11 years' So we gave a brilliant manager only 12 games (after complete neglect of our squad from the owners) immediately after our 4 best consecutive seasons in GHod knows how long.... With our fortunes since showing the chairman needed to actually listen to the manager when he told him we needed a rebuild.

Also I'll ask you again as you've still not told me.... Who was it that Levy sacked Jose to hire?

Last edited:
If you think we should be paying Daniel Levy £10m or even £15m+ a year then you and I will never agree. He is already the highest paid director in English football. We've never had the highest paid player in the PL, yet we have had the highest paid director.... Funny that eh?
We didn't fire Jose to hire Mason?... Really?!?... Could've sworn he was the man leading us to Cup final defeat and 7th place this season..... Who exactly did we sack Jose to hire then?
Arsenal finished in the top 4 throughout the duration of the reign of their best manager since the PL started. We finished in the top 4 throughout the duration of the reign of our best manager since the PL started. Both manager's got sacked, both clubs regressed...
Our chairman sacked a manager who finished in the top 4 (for the 4th consecutive time) and got to a CL final in the same season (which definitely affected league form as the players were running on empty). Not only that but the manager did so with zero new players for 3 consecutive transfer windows. The chairman then got that manager a grand total of three new first team squad players the following window only to sack the manager before he could actually have a chance to use those players as they arrived injured.

Levy has done great things for the club off the pitch. I don’t think that can be denied. And he may very well deserve to be the highest paid director in the league. But I get what you’re saying. When you’re telling the players they can’t be paid x amount, or telling the manager we can’t sign x player because wages are a problem, whereas Levy himself is the highest paid director in the league. Well, it’s not a good look.

I see Jonathan Liew's article calling out the coward has drawn some interesting back and forth. Don't get me wrong, he's pretty snide as a rule, but for the first time in a while, I'm seeing one of the main media outlets calling out Levy and his utter mismanagement - I'll take it, even if it's by Liew.

Let me emphasize, this bit...

...this is so spot-on it's amazing that it came from an outside perspective, tbh.

Good. Media are starting to see what many of us could for a decade now, and the fawning articles are giving way to Derp

Nothing will substantially change until Levy and Lewis depart with their profits - nothing, because this clueless penny-pincher will stay in charge. Hopefully the momentum is shifting in that regard.

@AberdeenYid - haven't forgotten your post from earlier, will reply in due course.

What is spot on mate?

- Joe Lewis is the owner? this is the type of brick that supporters say, a reporter should know better, Lewis owns a company that owns a company that owns ENIC that owns Spurs (and I may have missed out one), Lewis is not "the owner" in any normal measure.
- The best he can do to highlight how bad we are is to mention our Under 23's lost to City, come on mate, I'm quite sure you and twenty others on this board (including me) could do better re things wrong at club.
- ESL, again to push that in seems a fudging stretch
- Covid has affected Spurs? no brick, is that different from any other club at all? (notice Inter in sell mode despite winning their league and being in CL)
- Let's be clear ETH, Potter or Martinez will ALL be better appointments than United made with OGS, Chelsea with Lampard, Scum with Arteta but the media won't say that, they will play the small club brick and Spurs fans will lap it up

And again, Levy knows nothing about football? come on, he may not be a football tactician but I'm pretty fudging sure he knows more about football than some fudging history grad who never played any sport at any real level or been involved with any sporting body but is writing click bait articles.

Let me write the article for him

- We have taken too long to hire replacement manager (his only valid point)
- The media "updates" (e.g. Conte/Poch is close) were a fudge up
- The DoF move should have been done earlier if that was the plan
- Hitchens should be focused on selling/releasing the deadwood now
- The naming rights needs to be sorted to allow funds for new manager

See legitimate criticisms, not one truth plus the old tired narratives, flimflam that's just made up and huge stretches

What is spot on mate?

- Joe Lewis is the owner? this is the type of brick that supporters say, a reporter should know better, Lewis owns a company that owns a company that owns ENIC that owns Spurs (and I may have missed out one), Lewis is not "the owner" in any normal measure.
- The best he can do to highlight how bad we are is to mention our Under 23's lost to City, come on mate, I'm quite sure you and twenty others on this board (including me) could do better re things wrong at club.
- ESL, again to push that in seems a fudging stretch
- Covid has affected Spurs? no brick, is that different from any other club at all? (notice Inter in sell mode despite winning their league and being in CL)
- Let's be clear ETH, Potter or Martinez will ALL be better appointments than United made with OGS, Chelsea with Lampard, Scum with Arteta but the media won't say that, they will play the small club brick and Spurs fans will lap it up

And again, Levy knows nothing about football? come on, he may not be a football tactician but I'm pretty fudging sure he knows more about football than some fudging history grad who never played any sport at any real level or been involved with any sporting body but is writing click bait articles.

Let me write the article for him

- We have taken too long to hire replacement manager (his only valid point)
- The media "updates" (e.g. Conte/Poch is close) were a fudge up
- The DoF move should have been done earlier if that was the plan
- Hitchens should be focused on selling/releasing the deadwood now
- The naming rights needs to be sorted to allow funds for new manager

See legitimate criticisms, not one truth plus the old tired narratives, flimflam that's just made up and huge stretches
Lewis is the majority owner. He owns 70% of the company that owns between 85% and 90% of THFC.
The under 23s comment was easily the poorest piece of the article, I thought he should've omitted that as the points were reasonably sound without having to resort to something like that (where there is no context at all). That tainted the article a lot for me.
I like the plan for the article you are preparing.... That is 5 good points you have made there (add failing to back the very good manager we had a couple of years ago and the lurching from one type of appointment to the next and you're on track for a good, informative, honest article mate! ;)

Last edited:
Owners to compare him to....
Aiyawatt Srivaddhanaprabha at Leicester
Roman Abramovich at Chelsea
Nassef Sawiris and Wes Edens at Aston Villa
Farhad Moshiri at Everton.
Tony Bloom at Brighton
John Henry at Liverpool

OK so now we've suddenly gone from 12 to 18 months down to 9 months have we? :D What happened to those other 9 months suddenly mate? Even in those 9 months we finished in the top 4 and went to the CL final....
So in reality it simply comes back to this: 'Tottenham's tally of 14 points is their lowest after 12 games of a Premier League season in 11 years' So we gave a brilliant manager only 12 games (after complete neglect of our squad from the owners) immediately our 4 best consecutive seasons in GHod knows how long.... With our fortunes since showing the chairman needed to actually listen to the manager when he told him we needed a rebuild.

Also I'll ask you again as you've still not told me.... Who was it that Levy sacked Jose to hire?

We will play this game

Leicester and RA are sugar daddies and we could have a whole other discussion about where that money comes from
I'll wait until Brighton, Villa and Everton do better than us (in any fudging way) before I care
John Henry would be paid by FSG (that owns more than Pool), he's a US exec, his salary (can't find it yet) will dwarf Levy's

No, 9 months of bad results, two years of decline
- Every statistic with Poch, GF. GA, individual player's best season, shots, expected goals were on a downtrend for 2+ seasons, it's been posted before

There is an entire other thread, hint -> called "next manager" on who Levy fired Jose for ..

We will play this game

Leicester and RA are sugar daddies and we could have a whole other discussion about where that money comes from
I'll wait until Brighton, Villa and Everton do better than us (in any fudging way) before I care
John Henry would be paid by FSG (that owns more than Pool), he's a US exec, his salary (can't find it yet) will dwarf Levy's

- Every statistic with Poch, GF. GA, individual player's best season, shots, expected goals were on a downtrend for 2+ seasons, it's been posted before

There is an entire other thread, hint -> called "next manager" on who Levy fired Jose for ..

Fsg are planing to go listed i believe. They'll then have to pay dividends to shareholders. How much is anyones guess.

Lewis is the majority owner. He owns 70% of the company that owns between 85% and 90% of THFC.
The under 23s comment was easily the poorest piece of the article, I thought he should've omitted that as the points were reasonably sound without having to resort to something like that (where there is no context at all).
I like the plan for the article you are preparing.... That is 5 good points you have made there (add failing to back the very good manager we had a couple of years ago and the lurching from one type of appointment to the next and you're on track for a good, informative, honest article mate! ;)

Yes, lets have that discussion

- Not what some history grad's opinion of Levy's football knowledge (a guy running a club for 20 years) is
- Not some flimflam about Conte was doomed before he got here, but somehow in same breath we are in a mess because he didn't come
- Not some potshot at Lamela (that's even fudging worse than the under 23 statement), the same Son/Kane brick re trophies, why didn't we hear Bruno/Pogba need to leave united to win something (will be 4 seasons of Ole, 5 SF/finals = fudging zero)
- Why only spurs will lack ambition if the manager isn't a big name but Arteta is the man Arsenal needs to persist with?
- Not what Levy's salary is

That's the point, you, @DubaiSpur, @BrainOfLevy all have legitimate reason to bitch at ENIC/Levy but you guys kill it when you jump on the tired narrative brick ..

We will play this game

Sorry - I thought we were comparing how much money they take from the club? You had put up the Glaziers removing £23 million a year from Man Utd as a yardstick against which to compare Levy's £3m a year (plus bonuses).

John Henry paid by FSG.... Good for Liverpool, that is brilliant for them that money to John Henry doesn't have to come out of the football club... Maybe Lewis can pay Levy out of ENIC funds instead of THFC's?

You expected something other than decline with fcuk all investment into the team? Poch was good mate but there is no such thing as a miracle worker in football (Levy stumbled across someone who was as close as there is and then sacked him 12 games into his first bad season.... Something it seems he knows he got wrong now seeing as he went cap in hand back to him this summer). The facts of the matter are that Poch got CL for the 4th consecutive time (and a CL final) 12 games before he was sacked, the second half of the season was worse than the first half because the squad had been badly neglected by the chairman and the players were running on empty)... I'd kill for a manager who could downward trend us to a CL finish by league position now though wouldn't you?

I love it when this quote is brought up - it was said in relation to whether NWHL was a more suitable home for an NFL franchise than Wembley is. Our stadium was designed with NFL use in mind so is essentialy an NFL stadium when in NFL mode whereas Wembley is a football stadium that gets converted for NFL matches...
It is an NFL stadium. In the same way my car is a carrier for my shopping. Doesn’t mean it’s main purpose is a shopping trolley. The key point of my car is to get me from a to b.

The key point of the stadium is its use for football, but it can cope with other events. We had boxing at the old ground. Didn’t make it a boxing club.

Yes, lets have that discussion

- Not what some history grad's opinion of Levy's football knowledge (a guy running a club for 20 years) is
- Not some flimflam about Conte was doomed before he got here, but somehow in same breath we are in a mess because he didn't come
- Not some potshot at Lamela (that's even fudging worse than the under 23 statement), the same Son/Kane brick re trophies, why didn't we hear Bruno/Pogba need to leave united to win something (will be 4 seasons of Ole, 5 SF/finals = fudging zero)
- Why only spurs will lack ambition if the manager isn't a big name but Arteta is the man Arsenal needs to persist with?
- Not what Levy's salary is

That's the point, you, @DubaiSpur, @BrainOfLevy all have legitimate reason to bitch at ENIC/Levy but you guys kill it when you jump on the tired narrative brick ..
Interestingly enough I think Man Utd may well sack OGS and appoint Conte within about 6 months....

You still haven't told me who we sacked Jose to hire by the way ;)

Back