• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Daniel Levy - Chairman

What I find frustrating is as a club we are actually doing everything right
We’re trying to create revenue streams legitimately

Just think back to how far behind the Gooners we were, they were winning everything and playing the best football in the Prem.
It was such a massive task to overhaul them, and we did it.

Meanwhile cheats cheated and now some more cheats have come along to cheat... we can't compete with cheats.

How long would you give them to see this vision take shape? For example if we finish 8th this season and stay where we are for the next 2-5 seasons or dare I say slide down the table if the current trend continues.

I would say it’s obviously out of our control, but the 2 would be the minimum and maybe 5 being the maximum reasonable.

- Increased revenue strictly speaking. Profit from non-football activities that are invested into playing staff. As we know ENIC have never paid profits aka dividends.

- Bar pool who got lucky with Coutinho and Klopp, not sure there are any who are close to achieving your vision. Plenty of others have come and gone who have failed at this model. Randy Learner, spent £70,000 A DAY on villa for 10 YEARS. Leeds etc etc.

- To grow you have to cull. How else can you rebuild with any freedom without cutting the wage bill? Glad to hear it! We have seen smaller teams out-punch larger clubs time and again. Most of the time they have a seige mentality. Us against them. Against the odds Spurs can prevail. But we need some fight and togetherness.

-
To grow you have to cull? How do you work that out? A football team's success depends on its players, the best players tend to earn the most money.

Smaller teams out-punch larger clubs time and time again? Who exactly?!? A tiny number of clubs out punch larger clubs and typically only for a very sporadic moment in time. Even Leicester, who did manage it sporadically are growing their wage bill year on year trying to improve.

To grow you have to cull? How do you work that out? A football team's success depends on its players, the best players tend to earn the most money.

Smaller teams out-punch larger clubs time and time again? Who exactly?!? A tiny number of clubs out punch larger clubs and typically only for a very sporadic moment in time. Even Leicester, who did manage it sporadically are growing their wage bill year on year trying to improve.

For all teams - even City - they have to clear out old players and make space for fresh players. Sport is fascinating because smaller teams can beat larger ones. You could just support United if you wanted to support the biggest side, but you don’t. Why would you want Spurs to be an omnipotent dominant club? Far more enjoyable for us to work our way up and outperform others.

Sitting on my porcelain throne using glory-glory.co.uk mobile app

Last edited:
For all teams - even City - they have to clear out old players and make space for fresh players. Sport is fascinating because smaller teams can beat larger ones. You could just support United if you wanted to support the biggest side, but you don’t. Why would you want Spurs to be an omnipotent dominant club? Far more enjoyable for us to work our way up and outperform others.

Clear out existing players to replace with new ones…. Sure…. Typically better ones being paid higher wages seeing the overall wage bill going up. We on the other hand have cut our wage bill from an already low base. Hardly indicates ambition does it?

Clear out existing players to replace with new ones…. Sure…. Typically better ones being paid higher wages seeing the overall wage bill going up. We on the other hand have cut our wage bill from an already low base. Hardly indicates ambition does it?

surely that depends on if we were overpaying the players we got rid of? Which I would argue we almost certainly were.

If we were just looking to reduce the wage bill as much as possible we would have sold Kane and Son and Ali.

You have to give a new manager a chance to get his feet under the desk, as well as give him and a DoF some room to manoeuvre. You wouldn’t want to buy the wrong players and be tied down to them without having first used and understood your existing team. Cutting the wage bill is positive as it gives more for the management team to spend when they need it.

The anti-levy stuff is cultish.

Against the odds Spurs can prevail. But we need some fight and togetherness.

-

No argument there mate, but Daniel Levy is certainly not interested in 'togetherness'. His version of togetherness was being one of two clubs in the entirety of the Premier League to attempt to put 550 ordinary, everyday, non-playing staff on furlough during the worst pandemic in a century - which he was then forced to reverse by the Trust and by public outrage, issuing a humiliating climbdown a week later. Great togetherness from the best-paid chairman in the league - really made everyone feel valued, eh?

Spoiler: it didn't, and there's documented backroom anger at that even today.

His version of togetherness is refusing to meet with that same Trust to boot. Hell, his version of togetherness is lying about being a fan of the club all his life when he himself stated he didn't give a damn about football before he bought into it, and that it was about the money for him and Lewis.

You want togetherness? Noble aim, but I'd suggest you first find a chairman and owner who together care about the club as more than a property vehicle, 'anchor tenant' or a zero-cost line on their portfolio, because this lot haven't cared about Tottenham Hotspur for 20 years now.

Thinking back, Levy really didn't realize how much Poch was holding together the club inspite of all the fundamental contradictions and derelictions of ENIC's ownership model. He had a good thing on his hands, and he threw it away - to his cost, but hopefully to our benefit as a club if it means ENIC are increasingly seen as the deadweights they are.

2. If we went down the route of owners using vechicles to sponsor the club to get fake sponsorship - basically subsidising Spurs in whatever clever way dopped clubs are - then we need to have owners who are as rich as the Saudi sorvergn fund. Its an arms race with dirty money from poluting oil. We don't like it in other clubs. Why would you like in ours? We have to be different. For ethical and practical reasons..

At the very least mate, I think enough folks have made the point that there is nothing, absolutely nothing ethical about us and the way we run our club.

We are owned by a tax dodging, tax exile absentee billionaire owner who made his money betting against the pound on Black Wednesday and lives on a superyacht in the Bahamas. We charge the highest ticket prices in the league, have priced out most of the local residents of Haringey, have tried to outright *move* out of Haringey when it suited us to try, have ruthlessly tried to put staff on furlough during a once-in-a-century pandemic before public outrage forced us to do our bit for society, have tried to join a closed shop in the ESL...

....there is nothing ethical about us, it's all different degrees of bastardry. Funnily enough, I suspect Salman, murderer though he may be, may end up being more beneficial for Saudi Sportswashing Machine than our parsimonious deadweights have ever been for North London. City's owners have been better for Manchester than ENIC have for our area.

Daniel Levy and Joe Lewis don't think in terms of morals, and they don't run Spurs that way. So ethics don't come into it, imo, unless you want to boast about being marginally less unethical than outright murderers or slave owners. Their one and only priority is that Spurs will always be at zero-cost to them - that's literally all they care about, and always will.

Is that worth boasting about marginally less morally bankrupt owners? I personally think it absolutely isn't - our owners are just worthless from every conceivable angle.

Seems like, over the past few years, your suspicion of Levy and Lewis has grown into dislike, then into utter hatred, and has now veered into one-eyed-warped-murder-by-text. I'm glad you are not in this country, so Daniel doesn't have to check under his car for bombs.

Seems like, over the past few years, your suspicion of Levy and Lewis has grown into dislike, then into utter hatred, and has now veered into one-eyed-warped-murder-by-text. I'm glad you are not in this country, so Daniel doesn't have to check under his car for bombs.

Levy can handle it, he saw off Spooky and his rabid squirrel army.

At the very least mate, I think enough folks have made the point that there is nothing, absolutely nothing ethical about us and the way we run our club.

We are owned by a tax dodging, tax exile absentee billionaire owner who made his money betting against the pound on Black Wednesday and lives on a superyacht in the Bahamas. We charge the highest ticket prices in the league, have priced out most of the local residents of Haringey, have tried to outright *move* out of Haringey when it suited us to try, have ruthlessly tried to put staff on furlough during a once-in-a-century pandemic before public outrage forced us to do our bit for society, have tried to join a closed shop in the ESL...

....there is nothing ethical about us, it's all different degrees of bastardry. Funnily enough, I suspect Salman, murderer though he may be, may end up being more beneficial for Saudi Sportswashing Machine than our parsimonious deadweights have ever been for North London. City's owners have been better for Manchester than ENIC have for our area.

Daniel Levy and Joe Lewis don't think in terms of morals, and they don't run Spurs that way. So ethics don't come into it, imo, unless you want to boast about being marginally less unethical than outright murderers or slave owners. Their one and only priority is that Spurs will always be at zero-cost to them - that's literally all they care about, and always will.

Is that worth boasting about marginally less morally bankrupt owners? I personally think it absolutely isn't - our owners are just worthless from every conceivable angle.

you are seriously comparing Levy or even Lewis for that matter, to Salaman??

this is where your arguments become farcical.

listen if we were taken over by some rich billionaire that wanted to pump billions in to us, I would still follow spurs and enjoy the success it would bring. But not the taliban not the KKK, not the Nazis and not the Saudi Royal family. There is a line that every man has to draw.

You have to give a new manager a chance to get his feet under the desk, as well as give him and a DoF some room to manoeuvre. You wouldn’t want to buy the wrong players and be tied down to them without having first used and understood your existing team. Cutting the wage bill is positive as it gives more for the management team to spend when they need it.

The anti-levy stuff is cultish.

Cutting the wage bill is positive?!?.... I've heard it all now Mr Levy.

The internet can do strange things to a man

No argument there mate, but Daniel Levy is certainly not interested in 'togetherness'. His version of togetherness was being one of two clubs in the entirety of the Premier League to attempt to put 550 ordinary, everyday, non-playing staff on furlough during the worst pandemic in a century - which he was then forced to reverse by the Trust and by public outrage, issuing a humiliating climbdown a week later. Great togetherness from the best-paid chairman in the league - really made everyone feel valued, eh?

Spoiler: it didn't, and there's documented backroom anger at that even today.

His version of togetherness is refusing to meet with that same Trust to boot. Hell, his version of togetherness is lying about being a fan of the club all his life when he himself stated he didn't give a damn about football before he bought into it, and that it was about the money for him and Lewis.

You want togetherness? Noble aim, but I'd suggest you first find a chairman and owner who together care about the club as more than a property vehicle, 'anchor tenant' or a zero-cost line on their portfolio, because this lot haven't cared about Tottenham Hotspur for 20 years now.

Thinking back, Levy really didn't realize how much Poch was holding together the club inspite of all the fundamental contradictions and derelictions of ENIC's ownership model. He had a good thing on his hands, and he threw it away - to his cost, but hopefully to our benefit as a club if it means ENIC are increasingly seen as the deadweights they are.

With the cultish nature of the Levy outists if I was in DLs shoes I’d be running a mile rather than meeting such divisive angry people. Wouldn’t you?

When the diatribe goes into a personal attack you know it has gone beyond rational arguments into some kind of fixation.

Last edited:
you are seriously comparing Levy or even Lewis for that matter, to Salaman??

this is where your arguments become farcical.

listen if we were taken over by some rich billionaire that wanted to pump billions in to us, I would still follow spurs and enjoy the success it would bring. But not the taliban not the KKK, not the Nazis and not the Saudi Royal family. There is a line that every man has to draw.

I'm saying Levy & Lewis are not moral in and of themselves. Let's be clear about the folks who claim moral superiority over Saudi Sportswashing Machine and City's owners - they're not saying Levy & Lewis are *moral* (GHod, I hope not), just that they're less immoral than Salman and Sheikh Mansour.

If you want to boast about that mate, it's your prerogative, but I think it's utterly pointless. 'Our owner is less of a bastard than your owner' does absolutely nothing for me. 'Our owner is moral' would, but as I said - no way anyone could claim that for our lot.

With the cultish nature of the Levy outists if I was in DLs shoes I’d be running a mile rather than meeting such divisive angry people. Wouldn’t you?

Depends what you want mate - do you want to foster 'togetherness'? If so, you have no choice but to meet with the Trust, because they are fans of the club and will be around long after Levy & Lewis have made their billions and dumped us. And that's what I thought you said we needed - 'togetherness'.

You don't do that by running away from the fans who will be here long after you because you're scared they'll ask you to ask your boss to cough up some dough.

And believe me, the Trust are not 'Levy outists'. I wish they were, but they're just ordinary folks frustrated with the deadweights in charge. I'm certainly happy they're coming around to seeing things the way I do, though. ;)

I'm saying Levy & Lewis are not moral in and of themselves. Let's be clear about the folks who claim moral superiority over Saudi Sportswashing Machine and City's owners - they're not saying Levy & Lewis are *moral* (GHod, I hope not), just that they're less immoral than Salman and Sheikh Mansour.

If you want to boast about that mate, it's your prerogative, but I think it's utterly pointless. 'Our owner is less of a bastard than your owner' does absolutely nothing for me. 'Our owner is moral' would, but as I said - no way anyone could claim that for our lot.

It's more a case of 'the types of people buying clubs like City & Saudi Sportswashing Machine are absolute scum' as opposed to a tit for tat my Dad is better than yours argument.

You're the one who's bringing that view point back to our owners with this desperate straw clutching whataboutery.

Back