• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Daniel Levy - Chairman

Lol we are now irrelevant ... Man United, Liverpool, Chelsea, Saudi Sportswashing Machine, Emirates Marketing Project ... Im falling out of love for football, Levy, Enic one factor, but moneyball is no fun.

There should be an even level playing field for it to be a competition. May as well support different banks or financial institutions... well the corporation i follow just made £1bn profit ... well that odd the corporation I follow made £1.2 billion before offsetting the taxes, plus we gave 10% to charity to hide our dirty dealings from the past ...
Stop it…. You are getting @Baleforce hard!

There's been talk before about Lewis's daughter being a lot more interested in the club than her father. Levy might not get to do things his way any more once that change happens.

Is any of that a good thing? We wait for our owner to die and see what awaits us?

Lol we are now irrelevant ... Man United, Liverpool, Chelsea, Saudi Sportswashing Machine, Emirates Marketing Project ... Im falling out of love for football, Levy, Enic one factor, but moneyball is no fun.

There should be an even level playing field for it to be a competition. May as well support different banks or financial institutions... well the corporation i follow just made £1bn profit ... well thats odd the corporation I follow made £1.2 billion before offsetting the taxes, plus we gave 10% to charity to hide our dirty dealings from the past ...
I know is galling that another clubs has been gifted extortionate levels of investment but we haven’t won the league for 60 years and been in the CL 5 times.

Every football club is relevant to their fans and we have a strong and loyal one. There are probably only a handful of the 92 pro clubs who wouldn’t swap places with us tomorrow.

If winning or even competing at the top of the league was the benchmark, most of us would have given up on Spurs a long time ago!

I know is galling that another clubs has been gifted extortionate levels of investment but we haven’t won the league for 60 years and been in the CL 5 times.

Every football club is relevant to their fans and we have a strong and loyal one. There are probably only a handful of the 92 pro clubs who wouldn’t swap places with us tomorrow.

If winning or even competing at the top of the league was the benchmark, most of us would have given up on Spurs a long time ago!

It should be and thats the beauty of how much we have been ground down to accept average ... however there is some romance in following spurs ... however paying for trophies is just not being competitive ... is there anyone richer than bin the murderer salman that wants to buy their next play thing?

“Those that are critical of our ownership usually end up pointing to a lack of investment of their own money into players. I don't think arguing against that by saying, no, I don't want that for my club is a poor point to make. To me it's a bit of a dead argument for reasons above”

Not me…. My issue is that the owners are happy to load debt on to the club to increase the valuation of what they own but never reinvest any of the huge amount of equity profit they have made back into the business. If we separate out the job that our chairman does (and gets handsomely rewarded for in terms of pay) our ‘owners’ do absolutely nothing for the club at all other than count up their increase in personal net worth. They are in the minority here in terms of PL owners, a majority of which have either invested their own funds or diluted their equity to inject cash into the business.
If Lewis decides to do what you propose, fine, good, go for it.

You'd prefer the new Saudi Sportswashing Machine owners? I wouldn't, again, fine.

You'd prefer ENIC to just get rid, sell to the highest bidder because of the above? That's to me more interesting. Based on other takeovers at other clubs what would you suggest the probability of new owners being successful (to whatever degree you think they would have to be to be "successful") is?

Reactions: DTA
“Those that are critical of our ownership usually end up pointing to a lack of investment of their own money into players. I don't think arguing against that by saying, no, I don't want that for my club is a poor point to make. To me it's a bit of a dead argument for reasons above”

Not me…. My issue is that the owners are happy to load debt on to the club to increase the valuation of what they own but never reinvest any of the huge amount of equity profit they have made back into the business. If we separate out the job that our chairman does (and gets handsomely rewarded for in terms of pay) our ‘owners’ do absolutely nothing for the club at all other than count up their increase in personal net worth. They are in the minority here in terms of PL owners, a majority of which have either invested their own funds or diluted their equity to inject cash into the business.

1. The debt leads to increased revenue and profit. Splurging borrowed money on signings is not a model you would invest in in any other business. it is the Leeds model, and is highly prone to failiur and risk. So lets be completely clear, Levy's model is far more sustainable and workable than what you are pining for.

2. If we went down the route of owners using vechicles to sponsor the club to get fake sponsorship - basically subsidising Spurs in whatever clever way dopped clubs are - then we need to have owners who are as rich as the Saudi sorvergn fund. Its an arms race with dirty money from poluting oil. We don't like it in other clubs. Why would you like in ours? We have to be different. For ethical and practical reasons.

3. We have more money to invest now thanks to the stadium. Levy has done what you asked of him - hired a DoF. Time to get behind the club and help realise ambitions. Oil money doesn't buy you a 12th man on the pitch. It isn't used to bribe officials in the UK as far as we know. Using the same model and managment drive that allowed us sign Bale, Modric and develop Kane, we can compete. We are in a far better place than most of the clubs in the football league. Are you up for the fight? Lets hope our owners have more fight in them than a number of our fans.

our ‘owners’ do absolutely nothing for the club at all other than count up their increase in personal net worth.

For me, the jury is out. If we have not progressed to being 4th or 5th in the league in say two years time, that really would be the time to ask the current owners to quit.

Bravo, said better than I ever could

What I find frustrating is as a club we are actually going everything right
We’re trying to create revenue streams legitimately as a business should, to support the football side and allow the club to grow

Football has a weird economy and has become a plaything though which is what’s going to kill the game IMO

What I find frustrating is as a club we are actually going everything right
We’re trying to create revenue streams legitimately as a business should, to support the football side and allow the club to grow

Football has a weird economy and has become a plaything though which is what’s going to kill the game IMO

Going to? Its dying a slow death already.

I think the valuation is “fudge it” money, they don’t want to sell, but everything has a price.

I think most of us and the larger fanbase in general would agree ENIC did a great job (with some mistakes along the way but everyone makes them) in the first 15 years of their tenure. The last 5 years however we have undoubtedly gone backwards and that for me is on them. Bad managerial choices, not investing in the team, allowing the squad to go backwards, sacking managers just days before a cup final, the farcical managerial search this summer. It’s just one too many mistakes for me. ENIC don’t deserve a life pass for the good work they did. Everyone has a shelf life. It’s the same for managers and players, why should it not be the same for them?

I think most of us and the larger fanbase in general would agree ENIC did a great job (with some mistakes along the way but everyone makes them) in the first 15 years of their tenure. The last 5 years however we have undoubtedly gone backwards and that for me is on them. Bad managerial choices, not investing in the team, allowing the squad to go backwards, sacking managers just days before a cup final, the farcical managerial search this summer. It’s just one too many mistakes for me. ENIC don’t deserve a life pass for the good work they did. Everyone has a shelf life. It’s the same for managers and players, why should it not be the same for them?

Ok a lot of that is fair, what I think is they, levy especially, deserves the chance to see see his vision and investment in the multi use stadium given some time to take shape and pay dividends on the amount we can pay for playing staff.

Covid has put us at least two years behind on where we should/ would be in terms of generating more and investing more in the team, that’s just a fact. Levy as he always has done with us, has steadied us through that uncertainty. And we should be seeing the benifits of that in the next couple of years baring another Distaster hitting.

If Lewis decides to do what you propose, fine, good, go for it.

You'd prefer the new Saudi Sportswashing Machine owners? I wouldn't, again, fine.

You'd prefer ENIC to just get rid, sell to the highest bidder because of the above? That's to me more interesting. Based on other takeovers at other clubs what would you suggest the probability of new owners being successful (to whatever degree you think they would have to be to be "successful") is?
If we go through the set of owners in place in the PL compared to their direct predecessors I'd say that most clubs are doing better with their current owners than they were with their last. It is probably only Arsenal and Man Utd where that isn't the case.

Without a liquidity injection we are going nowhere. Consider the fact that we even significantly cut our wage bill in the summer as things have obviously got very tight with us having the highest gross debt in the whole of football and our income shrinking due to us having dropped out of the big boys competition in Europe).

Our current owners have shown us over 20 years that injecting liquidity isn't going to happen, either through using their own capital or by diluting their equity. The only way that will change is with us having new owners. That is why I would like to see somebody new come in.

1. The debt leads to increased revenue and profit. Splurging borrowed money on signings is not a model you would invest in in any other business. it is the Leeds model, and is highly prone to failiur and risk. So lets be completely clear, Levy's model is far more sustainable and workable than what you are pining for.

2. If we went down the route of owners using vechicles to sponsor the club to get fake sponsorship - basically subsidising Spurs in whatever clever way dopped clubs are - then we need to have owners who are as rich as the Saudi sorvergn fund. Its an arms race with dirty money from poluting oil. We don't like it in other clubs. Why would you like in ours? We have to be different. For ethical and practical reasons.

3. We have more money to invest now thanks to the stadium. Levy has done what you asked of him - hired a DoF. Time to get behind the club and help realise ambitions. Oil money doesn't buy you a 12th man on the pitch. It isn't used to bribe officials in the UK as far as we know. Using the same model and managment drive that allowed us sign Bale, Modric and develop Kane, we can compete. We are in a far better place than most of the clubs in the football league. Are you up for the fight? Lets hope our owners have more fight in them than a number of our fans.

1. Increased revenue - great. Increased profit? Who cares? We've already paid far too much in tax over ENIC's ownership, this football club should make a profit of exactly zero every year.

2. We don't need owners as rich as the Saudi's.... Many PL club owners inject funds into their clubs, not just the owners of Emirates Marketing Project.

3. So why have we drastically cut our wage bill this season compared to last? The most successful clubs have the highest wage bills and yet we now probably have only the 7th or 8th highest wage bill in the PL (and that's before Saudi Sportswashing Machine's imminent certain rise). I am extremely pleased that we now have a DoF to get Levy further away from the football side of things. I think Paratici did really well in the transfer window considering he had only £30m to spend and we also had to significantly cut the wage bill compared to last season. Had we still had Levy in charge of transfers operating under our current financial restrictions then I think we would've been in genuine trouble this season. Am I up for the fight? I go to every home game along with many of the aways and always cheer us on, I'm fully aware of the minimum impact that has on the fortunes of our team however.

Ok a lot of that is fair, what I think is they, levy especially, deserves the chance to see see his vision and investment in the multi use stadium given some time to take shape and pay dividends on the amount we can pay for playing staff.

Covid has put us at least two years behind on where we should/ would be in terms of generating more and investing more in the team, that’s just a fact. Levy as he always has done with us, has steadied us through that uncertainty. And we should be seeing the benifits of that in the next couple of years baring another Distaster hitting.

How long would you give them to see this vision take shape? For example if we finish 8th this season and stay where we are for the next 2-5 seasons or dare I say slide down the table if the current trend continues.

1. Increased revenue - great. Increased profit? Who cares? We've already paid far too much in tax over ENIC's ownership, this football club should make a profit of exactly zero every year.

2. We don't need owners as rich as the Saudi's.... Many PL club owners inject funds into their clubs, not just the owners of Emirates Marketing Project.

3. So why have we drastically cut our wage bill this season compared to last? The most successful clubs have the highest wage bills and yet we now probably have only the 7th or 8th highest wage bill in the PL (and that's before Saudi Sportswashing Machine's imminent certain rise). I am extremely pleased that we now have a DoF to get Levy further away from the football side of things. I think Paratici did really well in the transfer window considering he had only £30m to spend and we also had to significantly cut the wage bill compared to last season. Had we still had Levy in charge of transfers operating under our current financial restrictions then I think we would've been in genuine trouble this season. Am I up for the fight? I go to every home game along with many of the aways and always cheer us on, I'm fully aware of the minimum impact that has on the fortunes of our team however.

- Increased revenue strictly speaking. Profit from non-football activities that are invested into playing staff. As we know ENIC have never paid profits aka dividends.

- Bar pool who got lucky with Coutinho and Klopp, not sure there are any who are close to achieving your vision. Plenty of others have come and gone who have failed at this model. Randy Learner, spent £70,000 A DAY on villa for 10 YEARS. Leeds etc etc.

- To grow you have to cull. How else can you rebuild with any freedom without cutting the wage bill? Glad to hear it! We have seen smaller teams out-punch larger clubs time and again. Most of the time they have a seige mentality. Us against them. Against the odds Spurs can prevail. But we need some fight and togetherness.

-

Back