• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Daniel Levy - Chairman

It's also worth keeping in mind Levy is cautious, there is absolutely no guarantee of crowds being back to normal soon.
Not the way this government is flip flopping around, we can't bank on the stadium yet.

And you, in turn, should accept that some might point out you might be wrong to dismiss people as promptly as you sometimes do.

An interesting thing to remember on the "daily quota" thing is that the Pitt-Brooks and Golds of this world are very, very transparent about when they are making up the page space with cycling rumours versus laying down a specific set of things heard/fed. They are very different. Ornstein is also very credible.

As for those dismissing the lack of quotes, that will often happen to protect a source.

I think it is far too easy to write it all off as "journos trumping", fanciful even. Let's face it, been pretty quiet the past few days, proving that the feed can cease when necessary and the beat scribblers don't necessarily have to fill space daily.

So I agree with most of this

For me the issue is the nuance between "had/having a conversation with x" and "Spurs are trying/close to hiring x"
- e.g. I just filled a role in my team, I took several calls (informationals) with people I was never going to hire, part professional courtesy, part I was going to work with them in other ways, part I would cross parts with them in the future.
- Perfect comparison of this is Klinsmann who has been whoring himself for the job since Jose got fired, he's claimed he spoke to Levy, I'm quite sure he instigated it and Levy took the call very similar to my scenario above.

Somebody runs that story and it's "Spurs pursuing Klinsmann for manager role", did they have a conversation? = yes, is he even on the bottom of the list? = no, add in the agents and the media folks who are sensationalists (not saying the better ones) and you have an outright circus.

Again, to me the big fudge up continues to be the clubs lack of guidance, we can't answer every rumour but we should not allow rampant speculation that we are close or have been close to go on for months (it creates the perception that everyone has here, either no plan, plan fudged up or just chaos). No idea why it would be hard to say "our DoF will be in role on July 1, his first priority will be closing on the final list of manager candidates we are presently considering"

And you, in turn, should accept that some might point out you might be wrong to dismiss people as promptly as you sometimes do.

An interesting thing to remember on the "daily quota" thing is that the Pitt-Brooks and Golds of this world are very, very transparent about when they are making up the page space with cycling rumours versus laying down a specific set of things heard/fed. They are very different. Ornstein is also very credible.

As for those dismissing the lack of quotes, that will often happen to protect a source.

I think it is far too easy to write it all off as "journos trumping", fanciful even. Let's face it, been pretty quiet the past few days, proving that the feed can cease when necessary and the beat scribblers don't necessarily have to fill space daily.

I absoulutly have no problem with being called wrong and have no problem with those that disagree with me, just like i have no problem with those i disagree with but if they put up what i consider to be " over the top hysteria" then i have a right to say just that. Just like you to disagree with what i say.

There is a old saying which fits the vast majority of fans on here and elsewhere. " We are like mushrooms, we are kept in the dark and fed flimflam" :D

). No idea why it would be hard to say "our DoF will be in role on July 1, his first priority will be closing on the final list of manager candidates we are presently considering"
The one flaw with that is it wouldn't put a stop to it.

Levy has said ignore everything until we say something thru official channels. It's impossible to know how much of the 'hype' he creates and whether absolutely everyone at the club (something he can theoretically control) are tight lipped. And that's before you get to the other side's leaks and 3rd party comment.

Frankly I'm not quite sure what the hardship is in ignoring it and waiting for that official word. Up to now you (not you) would have spent circa 400 hours doing something more worthwhile.

Because he had a strategy and we clearly don't. I'm not sure how you could consider our managerial recruitment process anything other than s shambles but seeing as you seem to disagree what do you think is the club's strategy?

Look up what playing devils advocate means.

But as to your question we won't know for possibly years if it's a shambles or not. We might get a manager nobody has heard of who could be our greatest manager ever. We could get conte and he could get us relegated. We'll see.

Look up what playing devils advocate means.

But as to your question we won't know for possibly years if it's a shambles or not. We might get a manager nobody has heard of who could be our greatest manager ever. We could get conte and he could get us relegated. We'll see.
Lol I know what playing devil's advocate means, but normally when one is playing devil's advocate you at least have some substance or basis for your advocacy.

The arguments that have been presented are all incredibly weak, without any substance whatsoever.

I don't think you understand what playing devil's advocate means tbh. My position is is that the managerial hunt has been a fudging brickshow with no strategy or plan behind it, based on the information thst is in the public domain.

If you're playing devil's advocate then you would be saying no, there is a clear strategy or plan. In which case I ask again, what do you think this strategy or plan is?

Last edited:
Lol I know what playing devil's advocate means, but normally when one is playing devil's advocate you at least have some substance or basis for your advocacy.

The arguments that have been presented are all incredibly weak, without any substance whatsoever.

I don't think you understand what playing devil's advocate means tbh. My position is is that the managerial hunt has been a fudging brickshow with no strategy or plan behind it, based on the information thst is in the public domain.

If you're playing devil's advocate then you would be saying no, there is a clear strategy or plan. In which case I ask again, what do you think this strategy or plan is?

That they are looking at a number of coaches, speaking with them before making a decision. Same as bielsa looked at many players before deciding on his squad.

That they are looking at a number of coaches, speaking with them before making a decision. Same as bielsa looked at many players before deciding on his squad.

To my mind thats more a statement of fact than a strategy.

I'd expect a strategy to have key success criteria, objectives, performance metrics and timeliness for delivery.

Underpinned by a business plan setting out the methodology and resources to achieving success criteria, realise the objectives and attain delivery by the milestones dates that the club requires. I.e get the required candidate in place in time to prepare for the next season.

While that information wouldn't be available to the general public, it's availability would be obvious in the form of an efficient, effective, and timely recruitment campaign. I don't think anyone can claim that our recruitment campaign has been any of those things.

Instead we have no coherent strategy, just approaching a wildly different grab bag of managers with completely different styles and demands.

Last edited:
To my mind thats more a statement of fact than a strategy.

I'd expect a strategy to have key success criteria, objectives, performance metrics and timeliness for delivery.

Underpinned by a business plan setting out the methodology to achieving success criteria, realise rhe objectives and attain delivery by the milestones date strategy we set for the recruitment

I'd also expect the club to have developed some sort of business plan setting out how the manager was going to be identified and recruited and the resources thst were going to be put in place to achieve that.

While that information wouldn't be available to the general public, it's availability would be obvious in the form of an efficient, effective, and timely recruitment campaign. I don't think anyone can claim that our recruitment campaign has been any of those things.

Instead we have no coherent strategy, just approaching a wildly different grab bag of managers with completely different styles and demands.

And a pie chart?

Back