• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Daniel Levy - Chairman

OK mate.
And we'll just ignore the fact that Levy felt compelled to put out a defensive video se 10 days ago...which I actually didn't mind too much because at that time it was pretty fudging clear he was dreaming re: Conte and Poch was a ruse of some sorts. The last two names and 'in glare' operations? Not so great. You can pass it over if you want, not me. It is poor.

Tbf he did say in that interview ignore what is in the media. That when anything is official the club will announce it.

Hold on, Levy said to ignore what's in the media? Surely he added the caveat that we should only believe Ally Gold?

Nope.

There is one person that does use the media to their own ends though. Jorge medes. The ronaldo coke story was a great example. Coke lost $4bn from their share price. No they didn't. Cokes share price was lower at 09:40 that morning (3mins before ronaldo did his thing) than the close of day. So if anything the share price went up. But marca led with the story and everyone followed suit cause it was a good story. Guttuso and santos both have mendes as their agent. Maybe he is just trying to up their values?

Oh the reason the coke thing happened was the same reason bale and ibra complained about fifa (game) using their likeness in their games. Because fifa (governing body) is bringing out new rules regarding agents that the agents don't like.

Last edited:
Surely he added the caveat that everything Ally Gold writes should be taken as gospel?

What a surprise. Levy, in an interview with the club’s in house social media channel, intended to respond to the pressure he is facing, decides to tell everyone not to believe everything that is seen in the media. Because it is making him look bad.

Time has been passing. Even if we accept none of the names that have been mentioned were actually in deep talks, what exactly is the master plan in your view? What could it possibly be? I think anyone having a go at people for believing the strong links to names that have been mentioned by multiple credible sources need to at least come up with some alternative justification of why things look so chaotic. It’s not enough to say ‘don’t believe everything you read’ because time has been moving on, realistic names have been dropping off. It is completely fair to wonder what the heck we are doing, and whether any answer we land on can be seen as remotely satisfying given where we were.

As several people have told you already mate, including myself, we don't know what the plan is - in fact i think I've said several times it doesn’t look like there is one? (unless we're waiting to appoint someone working at the Euros) and that it's taken a stupid amount of time to still be sat here without having a manager in place. Not sure what that's got to do with thinking Ally Gold is a crock of brick though tbh

Edit: actually it could be argued that the plan was to get in a DoF and then go from there - doesnt excuse the time taken to get this far though

Last edited:
You did not read what I posted a few pages back did you? If you had, you'd have realized I did EXACTLY this. I cannot be bothered to go back and quote it to you, but if you care, go back a few days and it is all there.

But again...he is fudging this bit of it up. Big-time. And it is getting worse. If you don't want to acknowledge that, 'tis your business.
I've never said that it's being conducted well. Again, the discussion was the ambition shown and not the execution which has been poor.
I think he had a plan, was executing it, then the chance of getting Conte and Poch led to him abandoning his plan and since then it looks poor and he hasn't gone back to the original plan.

As several people have told you already mate, including myself, we don't know what the plan is - in fact i think I've said several times it doesn’t look like there is one? (unless we're waiting to appoint someone working at the Euros) and that it's taken a stupid amount of time to still be sat here without having a manager in place. Not sure what that's got to do with thinking Ally Gold is a crock of brick though tbh

Edit: actually it could be argued that the plan was to get in a DoF and then go from there - doesnt excuse the time taken to get this far though

Well, you seem to be playing the ‘don’t believe everything you read in the press!’ card, which by extension had to mean either that there is actually a plan for a great person to come in, we haven’t talked to anyone, or we’ve talked to an equally underwhelming basket of unemployed free agents that just hasn’t been reported?

Which is it? Because if you want to cop out and make it seem like people are getting worked up over strong links with candidates that were very likely seriously considered, you have to be offering up some sort of alternative? Just saying ‘none of us know’ is a way of excusing the club when it has taken this long, and when we’ve fallen from the position of strength we were in two years ago?

What exactly is your point by saying Gold is full of it, or to not believe everything? I don’t see anyone sensible getting worked up over anything other than the strongest links, which 99% of the fan base is pretty happy to accept is likely to have some truth to. If you agree there doesn’t look like there is a plan, what exactly is your problem with being people unhappy with the names linked, the time it has taken, or any other part of this? Is it that you just refuse to accept some journalists might have a line in?

Well, you seem to be playing the ‘don’t believe everything you read in the press!’ card, which by extension had to mean either that there is actually a plan for a great person to come in, we haven’t talked to anyone, or we’ve talked to an equally underwhelming basket of unemployed free agents that just hasn’t been reported?

Which is it? Because if you want to cop out and make it seem like people are getting worked up over strong links with candidates that were very likely seriously considered, you have to be offering up some sort of alternative? Just saying ‘none of us know’ is a way of excusing the club when it has taken this long, and when we’ve fallen from the position of strength we were in two years ago?

What exactly is your point by saying Gold is full of it, or to not believe everything? I don’t see anyone sensible getting worked up over anything other than the strongest links, which 99% of the fan base is pretty happy to accept is likely to have some truth to. If you agree there doesn’t look like there is a plan, what exactly is your problem with being people unhappy with the names linked, the time it has taken, or any other part of this? Is it that you just refuse to accept some journalists might have a line in?

It's not a cop out to say we don't know what's happening or to question the validity of what gets printed/posted when it's backed up by nothing more than 'insider info'. Usually that's called being sensible but in the world of football gossip this seems to mark you down as a nut these days, go figure.

We know we're 2+ months down the line from sacking Jose without a manager in place and there's some strong links to certain managers that we've likely spoken to over that time. We also know we've appointed a DoF recently - that's about it. People are using rumours to fill in blanks.

AG & co are little more than glorified ITKs, i have no doubt they get actual info from time to time, same as Jetset and Hercules etc but as we've seen plenty they also they jump on rumours doing the rounds that stem from the likes of Fabrizo Romano so it's foolish to take anything they print as fact.

It's not a cop out to say we don't know what's happening or to question the validity of what gets printed/posted when it's backed up by nothing more than 'insider info'. Usually that's called being sensible but in the world of football gossip this seems to mark you down as a nut these days, go figure.

We know we're 2+ months down the line from sacking Jose without a manager in place and there's some strong links to certain managers that we've likely spoken to over that time. We also know we've appointed a DoF recently - that's about it. People are using rumours to fill in blanks.

AG & co are little more than glorified ITKs, i have no doubt they get actual info from time to time, same as Jetset and Hercules etc but as we've seen plenty they also they jump on rumours doing the rounds that stem from the likes of Fabrizo Romano so it's foolish to take anything they print as fact.

Ok. I really don’t care about your feelings towards certain journalists, I care about the direction the club is heading, from where we were two years ago.

You seem to agree that being this long into the search without an obvious stand out candidate isn’t a good thing. You can’t seem to come up with any plausible explanation as to why we will be able to secure someone who is more than qualified and make this whole thing worth it. And yet you’ve spent a lot of time digging people out for getting frustrated with how long this has taken.

Even if we accept certain journalists are no better than the bedroom dwelling ITKs. And even if we accept we’ve spoken to a lot of people and no where near as deeply as certain stories will have us believe, it is still 2 months into a manager search with no obvious candidate, and really interesting free agents like Conte coming no where close to it. So I don’t care about individuals, I care about the direction of the club. Time has been passing, and no one is offering a good explanation for what exactly we are doing, and why it would all be worth it. Just saying ‘we don’t know, wait and see’ doesn’t inspire confidence, is blind loyalty to a group of people that haven’t exactly earned it with their decision making in the last couple of years.

No, you haven’t. You’ve been totally open to the fact we’ve talked to these candidates and have been totally fine with people reacting to them. Or you haven’t. I don’t really care at this point.

What’s the plan? Why has it taken this long? Why will it be worth it when it’s all revealed?

No, you haven’t. You’ve been totally open to the fact we’ve talked to these candidates and have been totally fine with people reacting to them. Or you haven’t. I don’t really care at this point.

What’s the plan? Why has it taken this long? Why will it be worth it when it’s all revealed?
There isn’t one.
Because there isn’t one.
It won’t.

I’ve answered your three questions for you.

At the risk of repeating myself i don't know what the plan is. If there ever was one i think it's long out the window. Hiring a manager currently at the Euros might explain the wait as would appointing someone that could be viewed as a DoF appointment- otherwise I'm going to struggle to rationalise the length if time it has taken, if we appoint an ETH level manager then the wait may be forgiven.

I've never suggested it will be worth it in the end though so not sure where that question has come from.

This is a big appointment for Levy, unless it works out he will likely lose the last remaining fans on his side - between sacking Poch and hiring Mourinho he's backed himself in to a bit of a corner - another poor decision on the manager front and the key decisions being made will have taken us backwards over a significant period of time.

Tbf he did say in that interview ignore what is in the media. That when anything is official the club will announce it.

He did.
And he is -as are the club by proxy- very capable of operating under a couple of deeper layers of silence than they were until a few days ago.

At the risk of repeating myself i don't know what the plan is. If there ever was one i think it's long out the window. Hiring a manager currently at the Euros might explain the wait as would appointing someone that could be viewed as a DoF appointment- otherwise I'm going to struggle to rationalise the length if time it has taken, if we appoint an ETH level manager then the wait may be forgiven.

I've never suggested it will be worth it in the end though so not sure where that question has come from.

This is a big appointment for Levy, unless it works out he will likely lose the last remaining fans on his side - between sacking Poch and hiring Mourinho he's backed himself in to a bit of a corner - another poor decision on the manager front and the key decisions being made will have taken us backwards over a significant period of time.

I agree with you on every single bit of that.

My question came from this idea that we shouldn’t believe the rumours. I took it to mean that the club probably had it all in hand and we should just wait and see. If it was simply a comment on the connectedness of a few journalists (and people are using them as a proxy to express the fact that 2 months have passed and we have no top candidate) then I’m totally cool with that - I don’t care about them, I care about the club. And I agree with everything you just said there.

Back