• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Daniel Levy - Chairman

Levy saying that there have been players offered to the coach that they’ve turned down - is he trying to redress the balance on Poch a little?

A while back there were some stories saying Poch had turned down some players and that was the reason we didn't sign anyone that summer but no idea how true it was. Supposedly Tielmans was offered to him and he said no - how we could do with him now.

A while back there were some stories saying Poch had turned down some players and that was the reason we didn't sign anyone that summer but no idea how true it was. Supposedly Tielmans was offered to him and he said no - how we could do with him now.
Im sure Poch got offered players he didn’t want
I’m also sure he wanted players we could get
It’s normal for all managers
I do think Poch felt he got his fingers burned a bit with other signings that didn’t work out for varying reasons so may have reacted negatively to some signings that may not fit him or he wasn’t 100% on

There is of course another way that doesn’t involve even more debt (ENIC have loaded us with too much of that already).... They could dilute their holding, just as FSG have done at Liverpool via selling some equity for a cash injection.
A great idea would be for ENIC to put 10% equity of the club up for sale to fans (£170-200m) with the implication that all that money goes to the transfer funds.
Fans get to be minority owners of the club
Fans fund what they are always screaming for (more of)
ENIC gamble that 10% ie the investment might be wasted/it might send us to new levels? But 10% is barely a ding in their current gain.

Im sure Poch got offered players he didn’t want
I’m also sure he wanted players we could get
It’s normal for all managers
I do think Poch felt he got his fingers burned a bit with other signings that didn’t work out for varying reasons so may have reacted negatively to some signings that may not fit him or he wasn’t 100% on

Hiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii

Malaysia-XI-v-Tottenham-Hotspur.jpg

Absolutely - entitlement leads to unrealistic expectations leads to disappointment and anger, that was the point

Someone else had done the math (believe it's accurate), it tells a story, 65% of all the trophies in club's history won in 30 out of 139 years.

50's - 1 trophy
60's - 5 trophies
70's - 3 trophies
80's - 3 trophies
90's - 2 trophies
00's - 1 Trophy
10's - 0 trophies
ENIC have been here twenty years so let's look at twenty year windows:
50s & 60s: 6 trophies
60s & 70s: 8 trophies
70s & 80s: 6 trophies
80s & 90s: 5 trophies
90s & 00s: 3 trophies (2 of those won pre ENIC)
00s and 10s: 1 trophy

I think the 2010s is the first time that we have spent the entire decade in the top division yet won nothing.

Was that the window that we couldn't even get Grealish over the line?

A great idea would be for ENIC to put 10% equity of the club up for sale to fans (£170-200m) with the implication that all that money goes to the transfer funds.
Fans get to be minority owners of the club
Fans fund what they are always screaming for (more of)
ENIC gamble that 10% ie the investment might be wasted/it might send us to new levels? But 10% is barely a ding in their current gain.
That's a great idea.... Though I think ENIC would be laughing all the way to the Bank with £200m of cash injected into the club for a mere 10% stake. Not sure a valuation of £2b is feasible with the club now carrying about £1.4b of gross debt (though admittedly I don't know what the cash reserves are).

That's a great idea.... Though I think ENIC would be laughing all the way to the Bank with £200m of cash injected into the club for a mere 10% stake. Not sure a valuation of £2b is feasible with the club now carrying about £1.4b of gross debt (though admittedly I don't know what the cash reserves are).
What would you value the club at?
I’d say that if someone came in they would deduct the debt value off any “paper value”. I know I would

I think the 2010s is the first time that we have spent the entire decade in the top division yet won nothing.

You want to do the same thing for Aston villa? Or Everton? Both clubs of similar or bigger stature when Enic took over.

Mate, you are double counting decades? not sure I understand the point of that.

Yes we have "underachieved" under ENIC re trophy count (although not specifically to finals, interesting concept there)

But, and this was the point (not defending ENIC) -> Spurs outside of 30 year period (out of a 139) just does a 1 or 2 a decade. The way that people set expectation on this board is like we have some history of smashing it (we don't, no matter how you twist the data, e.g. Jose had more trophies in his career than we do as a club, Fonseca has 9, we have 17)

If you really want to make the data say something

- Look at number of winners of all trophies per decade over time, I'd suspect (could be entirely wrong), since the inception of the PL (and the money with it), less total clubs have won trophies, i.e. most have been won by a smaller group of clubs (Sky 4), which would be a data point on our diminishing returns.

How much does the average fan have to pay to get in that 10% club, and what is the likely return on investment?

Why do you want a return on investment?

Isn't that the main drive of this entire fudging thread?

- Levy is an evil, incompetent piece of brick because he wants Spurs to be self sustaining and that fact that he has actually built a model that generates more money to spend in that self sustaining method is irrelevant, until it's his/Lewis money -> fudge them ..
- Levy/Lewis don't get return on investment outside of asset value growth, so why should fans get anything different

So someone suggests, "hey if you so want control, why don't you invest in the club, or build a consortium of supporters, work with the trust to find a model investment into the club" It would be easy enough to propose -> £200M investment for seat on board, x% of shares, with the stipulation the investment goes 100% to team

Facts

- No one wants to do the work
- No one wants to put up their money
- And if they did, fudging hilariously they will ask the question you did "what's my expected return"

Let's return to regularly scheduled programing, until I see Levy pull out his own money .. fudge him ..

Why do you want a return on investment?

Isn't that the main drive of this entire fudging thread?

- Levy is an evil, incompetent piece of brick because he wants Spurs to be self sustaining and that fact that he has actually built a model that generates more money to spend in that self sustaining method is irrelevant, until it's his/Lewis money -> fudge them ..
- Levy/Lewis don't get return on investment outside of asset value growth, so why should fans get anything different

So someone suggests, "hey if you so want control, why don't you invest in the club, or build a consortium of supporters, work with the trust to find a model investment into the club" It would be easy enough to propose -> £200M investment for seat on board, x% of shares, with the stipulation the investment goes 100% to team

Facts

- No one wants to do the work
- No one wants to put up their money
- And if they did, fudging hilariously they will ask the question you did "what's my expected return"

Let's return to regularly scheduled programing, until I see Levy pull out his own money .. fudge him ..
I'm not sure anyone has called Levy evil or incompetent.

I think we'd all welcome our owners swapping some equity for a cash injection as owners of several PL clubs have done. I don't think any of us are holding our breath that our owners will actually do this. If it happened with £150m being worth 10% equity then I would definitely put up a reasonable portion of money to have some of that equity).

You want to do the same thing for Aston villa? Or Everton? Both clubs of similar or bigger stature when Enic took over.

I think it would be a little more fair to give both new sets of (seemingly very good) owners at least 5 years before we look at how they are doing compared to their predecessors)

Back