• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Daniel Levy - Chairman

I'm not sure anyone has called Levy evil or incompetent.

I think we'd all welcome our owners swapping some equity for a cash injection as owners of several PL clubs have done. I don't think any of us are holding our breath that our owners will actually do this. If it happened with £150m being worth 10% equity then I would definitely put up a reasonable portion of money to have some of that equity).

Nothing is stopping you mate

Remember when Grealish was mentioned there was a massive split on this board about it being a last ditch Levy buy and Winks was twice the player ... pah we cant always get it right.

H
?
Our progress on the pitch? Redknapp and Poch, entirely. GHod knows, Levy stood in their way and put obstacles at every single point possible - I give him next to no credit for hobbling both of them (indeed, people like @statlover1 praise him for actively hobbling his coaches). The CL income? Down to those two. The increased exposure likewise.
t.

I cut down you War and Peace post because as usual its just you normal rubbish rant when it comes too anything to do with Levy. Also i would appreciate it if you did/do not try and use my support of Levy to accuse me of doing s omething which i have not done, at no time have i posted anything that suggests i think Levy is right to Hobble his coaches that is just another crock of brick in your mind. If you are going to rant ( and you do) please do not put you vivid imagination into others folks words.

Been reading up about Eriksen and came across this interview
https://www.bbc.com/sport/football/51380652

He's left Spurs so had this to say:

It seemed the problems Tottenham had were pushed back to you and your form...

"But that is the thing. If you have a short contract, you will be the black sheep. Of course, I did the interview. I was very honest. I felt I had to be honest. I didn't want to hide like a lot of players do. Everyone is different. I was honest. I wanted to say it out loud.

So we get to January. When did you find out, when did you think, you would be leaving?

"Not until it got serious. In the end it comes down to what Tottenham wants to have and what Inter, or any other club, want to pay.

"In the end you are controlled by Tottenham. You are controlled by [chairman Daniel] Levy. He says yes or no. You try to be as professional as you can be and not to force anything through in any way."
It was always Levy and of course his cronies that do the legwork for him.

Been reading up about Eriksen and came across this interview
https://www.bbc.com/sport/football/51380652

He's left Spurs so had this to say:

It seemed the problems Tottenham had were pushed back to you and your form...

"But that is the thing. If you have a short contract, you will be the black sheep. Of course, I did the interview. I was very honest. I felt I had to be honest. I didn't want to hide like a lot of players do. Everyone is different. I was honest. I wanted to say it out loud.

So we get to January. When did you find out, when did you think, you would be leaving?

"Not until it got serious. In the end it comes down to what Tottenham wants to have and what Inter, or any other club, want to pay.

"In the end you are controlled by Tottenham. You are controlled by [chairman Daniel] Levy. He says yes or no. You try to be as professional as you can be and not to force anything through in any way."
It was always Levy and of course his cronies that do the legwork for him.

No idea what you are trying to say here? are you trying to claim we pushed Eriksen out?

I don't see what that is supposed to "reveal" that we didn't know before?

1. Christian Eriksen had made it clear that he would not renew his contract. He said so on the documentary. He wanted a new challenge. Fair enough. That is his privilege. As it is the clubs privilege to run down the contract as we did with Danny Rose.
2. Daniel Levy and Spurs then must make up a valuation of the remaining period of his contract, what is it worth for us to have him playing and then leaving on a free.
3. Inter comes in with a bid. If that bid is less than the valuation in point 2, it would be criminal neglect on Levys behalf to accept it, regardless of whatever feelings the player might have.

This flimflam about players being "controlled" by a club that gives them a 3-5 year contract worth millions of pounds, with more or less carte blanche to demand a renewal if you perform well, just because the club wants to protect its assets when the player suddenly wants to do something else is getting a bit tiresome.
I'm SURE we can find a better arrangement, how about standard employment contracts? 6 weeks notice, both ways, perhaps? Oh, and let's unionize the players, get tariffs for the salaries, and a wage cap! Yeah, I'm sure they'd love that!

Levy is a tough cookie when it comes to negotiations. We know that. Sometimes a bit too tough for his own good, and sometimes he outsmarts himself/Spurs a bit.
But is it wrong to demand market value for our outgoing players? Never!

I cut down you War and Peace post because as usual its just you normal rubbish rant when it comes too anything to do with Levy. Also i would appreciate it if you did/do not try and use my support of Levy to accuse me of doing s omething which i have not done, at no time have i posted anything that suggests i think Levy is right to Hobble his coaches that is just another crock of brick in your mind. If you are going to rant ( and you do) please do not put you vivid imagination into others folks words.

You could cut his poison down even further to simply:
Anything bad = Levy.
Anything good = not Levy.

No idea what you are trying to say here? are you trying to claim we pushed Eriksen out?

Nope just saying that Levy didn't manage his exit too well.
The part about the rest of the players not being truthful - and note his friends/previous colleagues are reading this - says a lot of the culture at the club.

No idea
Poch turned him down though
Like all transfers we don’t know the details
But Poch preferred sissoko
Poch turned down all loan signings where there was no option to buy while he was at Spurs. We also could've had Ceballos from Real Madrid but Poch didn't think we should be developing another team's player for them. For a club (at the time) competing trying to win the PL and CL that is sensible IMO.

The fact that Arsenal took Ceballos with no option (and more recently Odegaard) shows how far they have fallen as a club IMO.... Several years ago they would feel that they were trying to compete with Real Madrid to try to win the CL and now they are happy to develop their players for them.

What would you value the club at?
I’d say that if someone came in they would deduct the debt value off any “paper value”. I know I would
I would as well based on future revenue growth not being that great (and the known incoming fresh revenue streams already priced in). ie there is not much further you can push this beast, and a fair bit is still dependent on on field success.

This isn't the tech world.

I would as well based on future revenue growth not being that great (and the known incoming fresh revenue streams already priced in). ie there is not much further you can push this hunk of burning love, and a fair bit is still dependent on on field success.

This isn't the tech world.

Tv rights double every three to four years, we haven't even begun to see the potential of NFL, non football events, still a lot of upside.

We are nearly 10 years on from delisting on AIM.

Periodic sales on Assetmatch now, private holders looking to sell their small holdings.
Yes, so the money from any purchases made go directly to the sellers as opposed to a cash injection into the club. I'm forlornly hoping that our owners issue new share capital....

Back