• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Daniel Levy - Chairman

Our accounts to June 2020 show an overall loss of £63m but this includes £71m of depreciation on the stadium which is not an actual cash outflow.

The previous year to June 2019 we had an operating profit of £68m
To June 2018 the profit was £118m. I can't find the prior year figures straight away but will do some digging. I would assume given our zero or negative net spend on transfers and unusually low wage structure as a percentage of turnover thst we have been significantly profitable for quite a few years, having been in the CL for most of the last decade.

The point being we should have significant cash reserves. I'm sure people will say that money went on the stadium but has that been confirmed in our accounts?

With our cash reserves and long term debt secured we shouldn't be in as dire a situation as people are claiming nor indeed on as dire a situation as many clubs supposedly are.
June 2020 to 2021 will definitely be significantly worse than 2020. Close to zero match day income (vs about £100m the prior year) lower PL prize money and no CL revenue.

June 2020 to 2021 will definitely be significantly worse than 2020. Close to zero match day income (vs about £100m the prior year) lower PL prize money and no CL revenue.

True, but I still think we should be better placed than most when it comes to snapping up some potential bargains at other clubs who are subject to greater deficits and economic uncertainty.

True, but I still think we should be better placed than most when it comes to snapping up some potential bargains at other clubs who are subject to greater deficits and economic uncertainty.

Not if all the big clubs and Leicester are going for then also ... we will have to wait until everyone has done their transfers so that we can get the likes of, Rodon, Vinicius, sissoko, N'Jie, Stambouli, Frazier Campbell, Rocha, Rasiak etc .... not to mention the last minute sales of core players.

Not if all the big clubs and Leicester are going for then also ... we will have to wait until everyone has done their transfers so that we can get the likes of, Rodon, Vinicius, sissoko, N'Jie, Stambouli, Frazier Campbell, Rocha, Rasiak etc .... not to mention the last minute sales of core players.
Thats what is likely to happen but on the basis of what I said above I feel we should be able to do much better. The key factor is levy/enic and their (lack of) ambition when it comes to building and sustaining a competitive squad, as it nearly always does…strong words followed by weak actions. Not to mention when they do take action it is nearly always too little, too late.

with levy/enic squad/first team development is not a case of audere est facere but more like “good enough, make do and mend”

Last edited:
Thats what is likely to happen but on the basis of what I said above I feel we should be able to do much better. The key factor is levy/enic and their (lack of) ambition when it comes to building and sustaining a competitive squad, as it nearly always does…strong words followed by weak actions. Not to mention when they do take action it is nearly always too little, too late.

with levy/enic squad/first team development is not a case of audere est facere but more like “good enough, make do and mend”

Audere est fudging farce!

Unfortunately not.... Our rivals tend to have owners who will actually invest their own funds, dilute their stake for an equity injection or don’t have the ridiculous amount of debt that we do so have more wriggle room to borrow more and finance transfers that way.

I do like Levy, but is there any way that this ‘I’m a private person’ schtick is his way of not being put in situations - ie unscripted interviews - that expose him as knowing very little about football?

Those quotes above are fairly damning.

I'd say so, mate. It's pretty obvious that 'I'm a private person' is his way of evading any and all criticism. It also allows him to maintain the opacity of what's going on at the club, and hide the fact that, before he joined us, that former Mr.Byrite salesman had no interest in football whatsoever, and his lies about being a Spurs fan are just that - lies.

The man set up a Comical Ali propaganda video to try and address the unrest that fans are now showing, and even here, from first to last - all lies.

What's amusing, though, are the reactions to his stunt -

Look at the reactions in the replies - absolutely no one's buying it, and it's glorious to see. Folks are realizing that this spiv and his boss have sold us a bill of goods, and no amount of embarrassingly supine questioning (with pre-scripted questions he probably wrote himself) will change that now.

What annoys me: I can see he’s lying to try to change public perception, I can hear half digs at Poch and know when he says he want to win he means “within the bounds of ENIC being profitable”. I also could fully believe he’s lied about supporting Spurs and everything is just a stalling tactic (patience is a virtue…1 trophy in 20 years already)

But despite that I am still happy for him to be in charge. Why? How can I be cured?

What annoys me: I can see he’s lying to try to change public perception, I can hear half digs at Poch and know when he says he want to win he means “within the bounds of ENIC being profitable”. I also could fully believe he’s lied about supporting Spurs and everything is just a stalling tactic (patience is a virtue…1 trophy in 20 years already)

But despite that I am still happy for him to be in charge. Why? How can I be cured?
Because what’s the alternative?
There isn’t own right now to compare too

I'd say so, mate. It's pretty obvious that 'I'm a private person' is his way of evading any and all criticism. It also allows him to maintain the opacity of what's going on at the club, and hide the fact that, before he joined us, that former Mr.Byrite salesman had no interest in football whatsoever, and his lies about being a Spurs fan are just that - lies.

The man set up a Comical Ali propaganda video to try and address the unrest that fans are now showing, and even here, from first to last - all lies.

What's amusing, though, are the reactions to his stunt -

Look at the reactions in the replies - absolutely no one's buying it, and it's glorious to see. Folks are realizing that this spiv and his boss have sold us a bill of goods, and no amount of embarrassingly supine questioning (with pre-scripted questions he probably wrote himself) will change that now.

I have been very critical of Levy's failure -at key moments- to either sell players or buy players. But I think it is equally important to recognize what the bloke has done for the club, given we are not oligarched or barroned.

I also think it is important to recognize what a fantastic job has been done on the structure of the club, the training ground, the stadium, the partnerships, all of it. Covid turned the beer money and gigs off. No-one knew it was coming. Even the debt has been restructured so as we won't go under. So let's recognize that. All of it. Because it is amazing.

He is being absolutely honest re: private, and furthermore (what I am about to say is a fact) he is not the best of communicators in the sense of warmth. He is quite shy in that regard and would much rather not engage. It is a personality thing. The video? I am going to guess this was not his idea, but that of his right-hand person. Frankly, I didn't find it offensive at all. Now, I have found the inability to find wages for Mane and Winaldjum offensive, and the failure to sign Grealish a total joke, but this? Not so much. It is what it is.

The saddest thing is, he has made some terrible mistakes at vital moments because (IMO) the slight specter of ego plus the ruffle of an attractive amour's skirt threw him. Ego = trying to go an extra yard on deals rather than doing them, ruffle = Mourinho's camp. Awful mistakes.

But I think it is very important to acknowledge what he did do for us, has done for us and can do for us. Curiously, the current appts look like he might be leaning finally...we can but hope. COYS.

I have been very critical of Levy's failure -at key moments- to either sell players or buy players. But I think it is equally important to recognize what the bloke has done for the club, given we are not oligarched or barroned.

I also think it is important to recognize what a fantastic job has been done on the structure of the club, the training ground, the stadium, the partnerships, all of it. Covid turned the beer money and gigs off. No-one knew it was coming. Even the debt has been restructured so as we won't go under. So let's recognize that. All of it. Because it is amazing.

He is being absolutely honest re: private, and furthermore (what I am about to say is a fact) he is not the best of communicators in the sense of warmth. He is quite shy in that regard and would much rather not engage. It is a personality thing. The video? I am going to guess this was not his idea, but that of his right-hand person. Frankly, I didn't find it offensive at all. Now, I have found the inability to find wages for Mane and Winaldjum offensive, and the failure to sign Grealish a total joke, but this? Not so much. It is what it is.

The saddest thing is, he has made some terrible mistakes at vital moments because (IMO) the slight specter of ego plus the ruffle of an attractive amour's skirt threw him. Ego = trying to go an extra yard on deals rather than doing them, ruffle = Mourinho's camp. Awful mistakes.

But I think it is very important to acknowledge what he did do for us, has done for us and can do for us. Curiously, the current appts look like he might be leaning finally...we can but hope. COYS.

My doubts are still there with his input on matters on the pitch. Have we not been here before with Arnesen, Commoli etc ... It just depends on how much rope he is willing to give.

I think as a business man and a money man he is impeccable. Incredible even. But he really is out of his depth with matters on the pitch. We can have a budget and a transfer strategy but him doing the deals and overlooking player purchases has not worked and needs to take a step back.

Yep
As I’ve said you can’t change the mind set here
Players come and go but the mentality is weak
It’s not we will win, it’s we might win
See it in our fans
See it in our players
“Lads it’s Tottenham”

This 'weak mental1ty' starts from the top imo, players indeed come an go, but in the last 20 years there has been only one constant...

This 'weak mental1ty' starts from the top imo, players indeed come an go, but in the last 20 years there has been only one constant...
Yep you could be right
I’m not pro enic or anti enic
I accept them as we have NO alternative
But the club flopping when having chances of winning things preceded enic
87 - best team in the country but
84 IIRC
91 team was a good team

Yep you could be right
84 IIRC
91 team was a good team

- 17 major honors in 139 years
- 2 league wins
- Our best decade being over 50+ years ago

Either underachievement has been part for the club for a lot longer than current administration or we are not as big a club as people believe we are.

Yep you could be right
84 IIRC
91 team was a good team

Every team can win or lose games that's football. But when you've got a golden ticket to 'push on'# and you still play it safe citing "that time we nearly went bust" or "we can't do a Leeds" etc etc then we all know the end results.

Remember when we couldn't seal a deal for player x or y because "we can't offer them European football".
Then that morphed to "we cannot offer them CL football/wages".
Then that morphed into "we have two big neighbours to compete against who can offer CL football".
Then that became "we are the only London club where you can see CL football, but we won't take advantage of it because we have a stadium that's gone over budget and been delayed" etc etc

You know the drill...

P.S. - Why are you mentioning 84 and 91? We actually won trophies in those years..agree re 1987 though, that was the epitome of 'Spurzy'...

Back