• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Daniel Levy - Chairman

Just been reading that Levy is in the Bahamas, if true I'd guess he's with Lewis but surely all that could be done by phone given what he has to sort out and having to quarantine when he gets back.

Has anyone thought that we may not be a top 6 club? Poch had us punching above our weight, take away the Champions League final and what did we actually achieve and how were we before he came in?

I think this all comes down to the fans acting like spoilt kids again. We tried to act like a big club but don’t have the money to actually be a big club.
As has been said many times we are comfortably a top 6 club on income and have been for many years. This includes having the most expensive stadium tickets anywhere in Europe

Given that this income is literally generated from the fans it's not beyond reason for fans to expect that income to be used efficiently and effectively.

Please explain how you think this expectation correlates to "behaving like spoilt brats"

As has been said many times we are comfortably a top 6 club on income and have been for many years. This includes having the most expensive stadium tickets anywhere in Europe

Given that this income is literally generated from the fans it's not beyond reason for fans to expect that income to be used efficiently and effectively.

Please explain how you think this expectation correlates to "behaving like spoilt brats"

Look all over the internet, loads of spurs fans spitting their dummies out because we didn't get 1 of the worlds best coaches and writing off a lesser named manager because they think we deserve better. Our fans expect to attract the best players and the best managers even though we are not even the 6th best team in the league, that to me is acting like spoilt brats.

Has anyone thought that we may not be a top 6 club? Poch had us punching above our weight, take away the Champions League final and what did we actually achieve and how were we before he came in?

I think this all comes down to the fans acting like spoilt kids again. We tried to act like a big club but don’t have the money to actually be a big club.
Being a top 6 club doesn't really mean anything of the same 4 always qualify for the CL. Obviously that hasn't been the case but for the last 2 seasons it has been the same 4 sides in the CL. We need to break back into this group before the relatively new term of "Top 6" loses its meaning.

Total - £406M (adjusted down due to Covid impact) Matchday £81.9M, Media £95M, Commercial £161M

So today full matchday revenue is ~20% of club revenue

The interesting question would be what is the breakdown in Matchday?

- Season ticket vs. non vs. away fans
- Executive membership
- Corporate/hospitality
- Food and beverage

I'd suspect when you take a look at non Executive/Corporate/Hospitality, the impact of the "normal" ticket buyer is pretty small (still significant but smaller than most people would think). I made the point at an earlier time

- Add future non football activities
- TV rights doubling pretty much every 3-4 odd years

The "value" of the regular buyer is quite low on the club priority list (and before everyone shouts, I'm simply showing math, not saying it a point of view)
Remember though the match day revenue is only 14/19ths of a full season so that is: £111.15m pro rata’d.... there’s also £12.6m to add on from the CL, so that’s £123.75m. Also I could be wrong here but I think our corporate ticket revenue is included in commercial revenues? (Pretty sure it always used to be at WHL anyway).

Look all over the internet, loads of spurs fans spitting their dummies out because we didn't get 1 of the worlds best coaches and writing off a lesser named manager because they think we deserve better. Our fans expect to attract the best players and the best managers even though we are not even the 6th best team in the league, that to me is acting like spoilt brats.
I think you're being somewhat disingenuous there. The reason most fans have been getting so upset is the clear lack of a strategy once we got rid of jose, and the ridiculous timing of his sacking.

It's not just "spoiled brat" spurs fans who think our managerial search has been ridiculously clueless, pretty much any neutral observer would agree. Look at any of the many journalistic pieces or comments on other fan forums saying exactly the same thing.

This lack of a strategy is patently clear when you consider the range of managers that that have definitely engaged with: nagelsmann, hansi flick, poch, eth,, conte, fonseca. Each one requiring a different strategy and level of investment from the last. Its not like we have gone for a particular type of managers we've just floundered around like a headless chicken. It's both embarrassing and pathetic.

It's also the demonstration of a complete lack of ambition, despite levy's words at the end of last season, which of course turned out to be total bs.

it's hardly surprising that going for the easiest and cheapest option who underperformed just as much as jose did here last season has got people's backs up.

Last edited:
Spurs (and especially Spurs fans) had absolutely nothing whatsoever to do with the ESL ending.

It ended because City and Chelsea pulled out - that meant there were not enough PL teams left to veto any votes against us.

So fan or media backlash had nothing to do with it?

Spurs (and especially Spurs fans) had absolutely nothing whatsoever to do with the ESL ending.

It ended because City and Chelsea pulled out - that meant there were not enough PL teams left to veto any votes against us.

im sure the bit about the veto did have a significant part in the decision to pull out, but so did the fan backlash. In fact it was the fan backlash that drove city and Chelsea to pull out. I don’t think you can reasonably claim that had no relevance.

So fan or media backlash had nothing to do with it?
Of course not. It didn't benefit City and Chelsea because they're on cheat mode and it would have levelled the other teams up to them.

If you think that we would have pulled out of that and irreparably damaged our club if the rest were still in it, then I have a bridge you may want to buy....

im sure the bit about the veto did have a significant part in the decision to pull out, but so did the fan backlash. In fact it was the fan backlash that drove city and Chelsea to pull out. I don’t think you can reasonably claim that had no relevance.
Correlation does not equal causation.

If you believe the two were linked then I'd advise you to stay away from eating cheese:

3.png

Of course not. It didn't benefit City and Chelsea because they're on cheat mode and it would have levelled the other teams up to them.

If you think that we would have pulled out of that and irreparably damaged our club if the rest were still in it, then I have a bridge you may want to buy....

Didn't say anything of the sort, so you can keep using that bridge of yours.

Fans and media pressure certainly influenced the decisions and played a part in it. Hence the apologies to the fans from all clubs concerned. And yes I agree other clubs pulling out had a part to play in the debacle.

Didn't say anything of the sort, so you can keep using that bridge of yours.

Fans and media pressure certainly influenced the decisions and played a part in it. Hence the apologies to the fans from all clubs concerned. And yes I agree other clubs pulling out had a part to play in the debacle.
The apologies were just PR. For that same reason clubs never come out and say " We can do whatever the fudge we want, you'll support us anyway" they keep up those appearances. Doesn't mean they mean it.

The apologies were just PR. For that same reason clubs never come out and say " We can do whatever the fudge we want, you'll support us anyway" they keep up those appearances. Doesn't mean they mean it.

ITK? When it boils down to everything it's all PR. Transfers, managers whatever.... at the end of the day the owners are there for profit I get that. But along the way the customers will pitch up forks to claim "back" what is not theirs.

Correlation does not equal causation.

If you believe the two were linked then I'd advise you to stay away from eating cheese:

3.png
When two risks are correlated that does not mean that l one uf the cause of another, it means that the impact of the first risk greatly increases the probability of the second occurring. The same with duration uncertainty in two activities in a programme being pushed out. That doesn't mean Correlation is the causal factor, it means the probability is increased.

All of the club owners directly acknowledged fan backlash a significant factor in their decisions to pull out.

I like the cheese example yoy gave, but there is no evidence or any Correlation I that example whereas there is in this case, so not a good analogy!;)

ITK? When it boils down to everything it's all PR. Transfers, managers whatever.... at the end of the day the owners are there for profit I get that. But along the way the customers will pitch up forks to claim "back" what is not theirs.
Will they?

For every customer that throws away their season ticket in some kind of teenage strop, there's another waiting to take their place.

When two risks are correlated that does not mean that l one uf the cause of another, it means that the impact of the first risk greatly increases the probability of the second occurring. The same with duration uncertainty in two activities in a programme being pushed out. That doesn't mean Correlation is the causal factor, it means the probability is increased.

All of the club owners directly acknowledged fan backlash a significant factor in their decisions to pull out.

I like the cheese example yoy gave, but there is no evidence or any Correlation I that example whereas there is in this case, so not a good analogy!;)
Every time club owners pat the heads of gullible fans and tell them they're special, that's another few £ in the coffers.

If your only evidence of causation is a business telling its customers how special they are (please spend some more money) then that's fairly weak.

Every time club owners pat the heads of gullible fans and tell them they're special, that's another few £ in the coffers.

If your only evidence of causation is a business telling its customers how special they are (please spend some more money) then that's fairly weak.

that's not what was actually said though was it. My argument might be weak, but your argument with made up facts is weaker still!

Back