• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Daniel Levy - Chairman

We don't know the full extent of every player, but the two mentioned certainly make the point. It's also the clubs policy of getting transfers done late in fear of the big boys stepping in. Yet teams like Leicester do their business quickly and efficiently, having identified players likely to join without the likes of the big boys stepping in.

We end up with players like Saha, Nelson, Rodon ... neither of which were being chased by the bigger teams. How is that a transfer policy? Don't go for top players coz someone else will get them, wait until the last minute and see what's available .... usually the players no one wants.

3 signings in 2 windows ten years apart to judge a transfer policy? I could just do the same but for 'good' transfers to show we have a good transfer policy.

I don't think there's anything wrong with signing players like Rodon - young player, playing to a high standard in the Championship and (potentially) ready to step up - on paper it's the type of signing we should be making, it's the type of signing Leicester make and a year or two later we ask why we aren't buying these players before they reach their potential.

Levy and Enic want fans onside. Not only is the stadium the variable that sets us apart, so happy paying customers are good, it just makes Levy's job so much more enjoyable if there is unity. Weren't 'fans' associated with the trust chanting death chants about him. Was open to the trust before this. No class.

Not sure you can make that link in fairness, not to the Trust board in any case. I don't believe the Trust organised that anti-ENIC protest, although I'm sure they supported it. They do not advocate ENIC-out (not because it's not what they want, but because they know it's not something they can influence). There likely were Trust members and non-members alike at that protest. Whilst I believe the Trust board hold a large chunk of responsibility for the hysteria around at the moment - they fanned the flames with their statements and demands - I don't for one moment believe they would endorse singing about Levy dying. We have idiots in our fanbase as much as any other club. At times like this, they become more visible.

It's not a made up number. It's £1200 as a proportion of our pre-COVID turnover.

Your custom is genuinely worth 0.0003% of the club's turnover.

You think we'd have walked away from the ESL if it were still going?

Pure faff... I am a premium member at spurs, but lots of kit for relatives .... you have got to know the number of customers to know what the % is.

Pure faff... I am a premium member at spurs, but lots of kit for relatives .... you have got to know the number of customers to know what the % is.
Not really - a fairly small proportion of our revenue comes directly from those who buy tickets.

Really? How do you figure that out? Coz the accounts suggest that it's not a fairly small proportion ....

https://www.tottenhamhotspur.com/news/2020/november/financial-results-year-end-30-june-2020/

Anyway enough of your pie in the sky figures.

Total - £406M (adjusted down due to Covid impact) Matchday £81.9M, Media £95M, Commercial £161M

So today full matchday revenue is ~20% of club revenue

The interesting question would be what is the breakdown in Matchday?

- Season ticket vs. non vs. away fans
- Executive membership
- Corporate/hospitality
- Food and beverage

I'd suspect when you take a look at non Executive/Corporate/Hospitality, the impact of the "normal" ticket buyer is pretty small (still significant but smaller than most people would think). I made the point at an earlier time

- Add future non football activities
- TV rights doubling pretty much every 3-4 odd years

The "value" of the regular buyer is quite low on the club priority list (and before everyone shouts, I'm simply showing math, not saying it a point of view)

The value of the supporter is in sponsorship deals, the more supporters a club has globally the more power a club has in negotiating deals.

That’s why clubs have PR machines, to keep the fan base happy that is counted in the millions not necessarily the match day ones that are only counted in their thousands

It also why groups like the trust as so dangerous as they pretend to represent all the fan base when they only actually represent a tiny subset that runs the trust

Not sure you can make that link in fairness, not to the Trust board in any case. I don't believe the Trust organised that anti-ENIC protest, although I'm sure they supported it. They do not advocate ENIC-out (not because it's not what they want, but because they know it's not something they can influence). There likely were Trust members and non-members alike at that protest. Whilst I believe the Trust board hold a large chunk of responsibility for the hysteria around at the moment - they fanned the flames with their statements and demands - I don't for one moment believe they would endorse singing about Levy dying. We have idiots in our fanbase as much as any other club. At times like this, they become more visible.

Fair enough. But reading some of the crap on here calling out Parklane1, from someone endorsing the Trust, it is clear as you say the Levy out vibe and Trust are a little too entwined. Whether fanning the flames or joining in the chants, their conduct hasn't been impeccable. I appreciated they probably work for nothing for the love of the club and I've defended them in the past, but they need to conduct themselves with neutrality and try to work with the club who are generally very open to working with them. Which is a little surprising with the amount of associated vitriol that comes from places close to the Trust.

The value of the supporter is in sponsorship deals, the more supporters a club has globally the more power a club has in negotiating deals.

That’s why clubs have PR machines, to keep the fan base happy that is counted in the millions not necessarily the match day ones that are only counted in their thousands

It also why groups like the trust as so dangerous as they pretend to represent all the fan base when they only actually represent a tiny subset that runs the trust

How does that make them dangerous? I see how it makes them irrelevant.

3 signings in 2 windows ten years apart to judge a transfer policy? I could just do the same but for 'good' transfers to show we have a good transfer policy.

I don't think there's anything wrong with signing players like Rodon - young player, playing to a high standard in the Championship and (potentially) ready to step up - on paper it's the type of signing we should be making, it's the type of signing Leicester make and a year or two later we ask why we aren't buying these players before they reach their potential.

Loving the rodon spin on it. Need I trawl back through every transfer and discuss?

Rodon was a last ditch buy to cover for no Diaz or no skirinar. Loving the gloss over rodon ... most of the players Leicester have signed have been known to most who follow football .... tell me its the same for Rodon. You didn't have a clue who he was.

Tell me that we have a better transfer strategy than Leicester over the last ten years ... they got a league title and an FA Cup to show for it.

Loving the rodon spin on it. Need I trawl back through every transfer and discuss?

Rodon was a last ditch buy to cover for no Diaz or no skirinar. Loving the gloss over rodon ... most of the players Leicester have signed have been known to most who follow football .... tell me its the same for Rodon. You didn't have a clue who he was.

Tell me that we have a better transfer strategy than Leicester over the last ten years ... they got a league title and an FA Cup to show for it.

Having back up/multiple options over a range of values is actually the sign of a good transfer policy/scouting setup - it's what you want from a DoF system, most clubs have a budget and sometimes you aren't always going to be able to buy single players for 60m+ so you need options/alternatives - did you expect our squad rebuild to be solely madeup for record signings?

There's no need for me to put any spin on the Rodon signing, it is what it is - a young player with potential to develop.

Having back up/multiple options over a range of values is actually the sign of a good transfer policy/scouting setup - it's what you want from a DoF system, most clubs have a budget and sometimes you aren't always going to be able to buy single players for 60m+ so you need options/alternatives - did you expect our squad rebuild to be solely madeup for record signings?

There's no need for me to put any spin on the Rodon signing, it is what it is - a young player with potential to develop.

Agree with the first paragraph.

Rodon was not what we needed at the time, unless he was going to come in along with the likes of someone to learn from .... Rodon develop learning from Sanchez and Dier is a facepalm moment. Rodon was not what we needed at the time.

It's like having Grzegorz Rasiak (who was another famous player brought by the club at the last minute of the window) teaching Troy Parrot how to be a striker.

The worst thing about the Rodon signing was not doing it in time to register him for the Europa. It took away the chance for him to get early game time for us and from what I saw when he did get his chance was that he could have staked a claim to be a starter earlier than he did. This was compounded by not registering him for the second phase due to some weird loyalty to the group gonad*s.

This and the HG balance is the sort of admin I wish we’d be more more meticulous about, rather than what shade of white the tiles are in the stadium toilets.

The worst thing about the Rodon signing was not doing it in time to register him for the Europa. It took away the chance for him to get early game time for us and from what I saw when he did get his chance was that he could have staked a claim to be a starter earlier than he did. This was compounded by not registering him for the second phase due to some weird loyalty to the group gonad*s.

This and the HG balance is the sort of admin I wish we’d be more more meticulous about, rather than what shade of white the tiles are in the stadium toilets.
But we saved a few quid by pushing negotiations to the very last minute. [emoji58]

Last edited:
Back