• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Daniel Levy - Chairman

Doesn't go far enough, the TV money will/is ruining the game. £56m for de bruyne, £49m for sterling and £36+ for martial bonkers. Then a combined £65m isn't enough for stones and berahino means over £200m in unproven players.
As soon as sterling went for £49m every young English player went up at least £5m. I would have been happy with Austin but for £15m, seriously £15m.
DL is doing a good job in this market by not paying to much.

You know what's really worrying, all the above transfers had little to do with TV money!
City are just loaded and so are ManU with their sponsorship and marketing deals.
THe TV money is bonus to a large degree to ManU City Chelsea and even Arsenal :confused:

Have the same feeling. Squad wise, we are actually much weaker than last season, especially since we don't have any recognized defensive midfielder or striker (other than Kane) now. Selling players like Paulinho, Soldado, Stambouli and Capoue doesn't look too wise now. I would have kept the same team from last season. This is why I always hate us selling any players before buying their replacements first. Levy's stupid transfer policy is going to cost us again this season.

You may be unhappy this doesn't make sense.

Kaboul = Alderweild
Chiriches = Wimmer
Fredericks = Trippier
Stambouli = Alli
Capoue = Carroll
Soldado = Njie
Lennon = Son
Paulinho = Pritchard
Adebayor = Empty

I agree we have not replaced Adebayor and are short up front. If we now are going to play we with a DM then we are short as a backup/1st choice with Dier
However on the basis at least half of the players on the left didnt play last year we cant be weaker.

The TV deal sees an end to the 'we had no choice' sales, smaller clubs now have large enough revenues to turn down offers that they'd usually jump on.

This whole 20 years of blue skies mentality can't go on forever. What happens when there are more clubs selling than buying?

If that was to happen then Levy's hard work would finally pay off. Depsite agreeing with what the Telegraph said even I thought 'what agree paying £30m for Berahino?' If this club agreed to every fee set by other clubs then we'd be in an even worse mess, even if not off the pitch then surely on it with a host of players unable to live with the burden of their price tag.

You may be unhappy this doesn't make sense.

Kaboul = Alderweild
Chiriches = Wimmer
Fredericks = Trippier
Stambouli = Alli
Capoue = Carroll
Soldado = Njie
Lennon = Son
Paulinho = Pritchard
Adebayor = Empty

I agree we have not replaced Adebayor and are short up front. If we now are going to play we with a DM then we are short as a backup/1st choice with Dier
However on the basis at least half of the players on the left didnt play last year we cant be weaker.

Totally agree

I love "Adebayor = Empty" :)

Hope its OK to say this?
But I really enjoyed "Wheeler Dealer Radio Podcast - Calm Down" today very good.

You're right vj, who the big four buy isn't bought with TV money, but the price they pay has a lot to do with TV money. Clubs don't need the money so can hold out. Look at martial, we were supposedly told €20m and he's yours. DL so no, I think you want that because we're English and loaded. Man U come in and get fleeced. Not fleeced because he's a dud but because they are desperate and everyone knows they have the money.
Even the better value deals from abroad will get scarcer because of the TV money

Telegraph Football ‏@TeleFootball 4m4 minutes ago
Is this man to blame for the Saido Berahino fiasco? http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/teams/tottenham-hotspur/11839190/Tottenhams-Daniel-Levys-negotiating-tactics-to-blame-for-collapse-of-Saido-Berahino-deal-says-Harry-Redknapp.html…

The knives are out for our glorious Chairman and sometimes it would be nice if he was a bit more visible and defended himself.

Why? despite Levy's reputation, WBA's chairman is the one who has come across as an asshole.

From a business and PR perspective

- 3 days of media mutterings will be over the minute the next set of games (internationals) come into focus
- Levy is not the chairman of a PLC, he's not accountable to anyone but himself and Lewis, and from any likely measurements they have agreed on Spurs/Levy is doing brilliantly.

Seriously I fudging laugh when people say "one more slip up (that they imagined) and Levy's gone" .. how? he's not there by populist vote, see Saudi Sportswashing Machine if you want an example of how very little options anyone fan or media has if the club is not a PLC.

Telegraph Football ‏@TeleFootball 4m4 minutes ago
Is this man to blame for the Saido Berahino fiasco? http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/teams/tottenham-hotspur/11839190/Tottenhams-Daniel-Levys-negotiating-tactics-to-blame-for-collapse-of-Saido-Berahino-deal-says-Harry-Redknapp.html…

The knives are out for our glorious Chairman and sometimes it would be nice if he was a bit more visible and defended himself.

I do not see why he has to, in all honesty it is only the vocal minority that slag him of anyway most fans I know are happy with him. As for the gutter press and blogs, he like most do not take any notice of the rubbish they preach.

Back