• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Daniel Levy - Chairman

You forgot to mention his cracker against Coventry.

What a goal but what the f**k was Erik the Viking doing on their first goal? I never remember him making too many mistakes besides the horror show v Forest on his debut. Maybe nostalgia has pegged him as better than he was in my mind.

Stewart was a very good midfielder with us after a poor start as a striker from memory. The season we won the FA Cup, he was outstanding when Venables switched him. I remember being very disappointed when he left so my recollection was that he was easily in our first eleven. Sad story.

What a goal but what the f**k was Erik the Viking doing on their first goal? I never remember him making too many mistakes besides the horror show v Forest on his debut. Maybe nostalgia has pegged him as better than he was in my mind.

Actually as I recall he dropped a similarly appalling clanger against Forest again, in the league cup the season after his debut. But I guess we're taking the thread way off course with all this :D

Stewart was a very good midfielder with us after a poor start as a striker from memory. The season we won the FA Cup, he was outstanding when Venables switched him. I remember being very disappointed when he left so my recollection was that he was easily in our first eleven. Sad story.
My memory tells me Erik had spells when he was prone to errors throughout his Tottenham career but he was also brave, a superb shot stopper and above all not Bobby Mimms so you couldn't help liking him.

Just found it on YouTube. Wasn’t even as far out as I remembered! Ah, time, memories, old age....

Around 2.18

I seemed to remember it being a rocket diving header

I was wrong

Lol, scroll up! Great minds think (and forget) alike!!! :)

I knew it wasn't diving, but I'd have definitely called it edge of the box...funny the way the memory can twist things!

You'll be relieved to know your memory's not that bad!:D

There seems to be some confusion around our memories of Paul Stewarts header against Liverpool.

I don’t suppose anyone could find an old recording of it, perhaps on somewhere like YouTube, and maybe post a link in this thread so we can all watch and comment on how our memories were different of how the goal actually was back then?

That would be really useful. Appreciate it’s a big ask though and that sort of thing is hard to come by....

The guy deserves his own chant and potentially a statue.

He's been with us since I was 7 years old and I'm now 25.

Have grown up, and basically lived, entirely during his reign and the transformation has been exceptional.

From being a child who got the tinkle taken out of them for supporting 'a mid table side' and being the only Spurs supporter amongst United, Liverpool, Arsenal and Chelsea glory hunters to a young teenerager who was always told 'You'll never get Champions League' and 'You'll never build your ground' as we'd started to sketch out the original blueprints - to You'll never challenge for a title' as I was coming into adulthood - and now it's 'You still haven't won anything'.

Watch this space motherfudgers.

#InLevyITrust

The guy deserves his own chant and potentially a statue.

He's been with us since I was 7 years old and I'm now 25.

Have grown up, and basically lived, entirely during his reign and the transformation has been exceptional.

From being a child who got the tinkle taken out of them for supporting 'a mid table side' and being the only Spurs supporter amongst United, Liverpool, Arsenal and Chelsea glory hunters to a young teenerager who was always told 'You'll never get Champions League' and 'You'll never build your ground' as we'd started to sketch out the original blueprints - to You'll never challenge for a title' as I was coming into adulthood - and now it's 'You still haven't won anything'.

Watch this space motherfudgers.

#InLevyITrust

On RedCafe they have a thread on our new stadium and all they talk about is our empty trophy room. They're obviously all born after Sky invented football and probably not even old enough to have experienced their treble in 99.

On RedCafe they have a thread on our new stadium and all they talk about is our empty trophy room. They're obviously all born after Sky invented football and probably not even old enough to have experienced their treble in 99.

No, they are just football fans!
"Hold it up to the light - not a brain in sight"

Its not just on RedCafe, the 'joke' about empty trophy room is everywhere. To be fair, this is our longest trophy drought since the war so we really could do with winning something sometime soon.....

Its not just on RedCafe, the 'joke' about empty trophy room is everywhere. To be fair, this is our longest trophy drought since the war so we really could do with winning something sometime soon.....

Seriously?

This straight out of the Joe Cole school of punditry!

No, they are just football fans!
"Hold it up to the light - not a brain in sight"

As I've said many times the profile of the football fan has change, it's no longer people following their local club or one that their family has followed, it's now lots of people with low personal esteem who believe that success of a team reflects glory on themselves and makes them superior to others. Win, lose or draw Spurs results have and never will change who I am and what I've done in my life, I suppose I'm lucky and have got a life and don't need to grasp desperately to others achievements.

Back