• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Daniel Akindayini

Oh, that's all right then. I'll just put the kettle on while I wait for the new Greaves to pop along and win us the title. :D

In all seriousness, this guy's what, eighteen today? Happy birthday to the lad, but at that age, I'm a bit surprised I didn't hear more about him. Forgive me for being a mite cautious, I've been burned by fervently waiting for the various wonderkids to emerge from our academy down the years.

It's his Birthday today... born 1995

*edit Murmon beat me to it, I bet you were on the official spurs page too!

17 today. The same age as Coulibaly.

Ah. Erm...point stands, just with a bit less surprise. We were crowing over Bostock when he was 16. We were crowing over Coulibaly when he was signed last year at the same age. Neither has proven themselves yet, and may well join the ranks of O'Haras and Dervites our academy's produced recently. So I remain wary.

Point stands, just with a bit less surprise. We were crowing over Bostock when he was 16. We were crowing over Coulibaly when he was signed last year at the same age. Neither has proven themselves yet, and may well join the ranks of O'Haras and Dervites our academy's produced recently. So I remain wary.

Remaining wary is obviously a good thing. So much that can happen between a player being a very talented prospect and actually making it for a team as big as Spurs, nevermind actually becoming an outstanding player for us.

Him being 16-17 and already getting game time in the Next Gen tournament that is U19 is pretty good going though and with what people are saying here I think there is reason to be cautiously excited :)

Although I was under the impression that Josh Onomah was the biggest talent we had at the academy at the moment :)

Ah. Erm...point stands, just with a bit less surprise. We were crowing over Bostock when he was 16. We were crowing over Coulibaly when he was signed last year at the same age. Neither has proven themselves yet, and may well join the ranks of O'Haras and Dervites our academy's produced recently. So I remain wary.

Someone on a message board has told us to expect... IT WILL BE THE SECOND COMING OF HOD!!!

I've always thought it was Gareth McAuley....If you're reading this, OS operators, update your damn academy pages! :p

I remember a certain Quinton Fortune. Was spoken of as the 2nd coming of Pele. was Amazing in the youth ranks. Then as he got older he just did not make it here. He went through Athletico Mardrid where he had a certain level of success and then of course joined ManYoo and became a bit part player for them for several years.

The point. Well a lot of players fade away, a lot of players come on later in their career and a lot of players go on to be average. Its so hit and miss. If this guy is going to be anyway decent then lets hope he can get on loan and show something. Something more than Obika or Bostock.

We never produced any strikers. So surely we are due one.

Bostock and Coulibaly were signed from elsewhere which bring hype with it. Players coming through the ranks get less attention.

I think its a good sign to get excited about young players. We want to see young players come through the Academy and succeed, rather than saying we must sign the next 30m sensation. The better we do as a club, the fewer will make the grade so its something that will disappoint most of the time. But its worth it when it happens. I look at City, who had a great youth system, and can't just feel they lost something valuable.

At the moment I feel anything better than a good CB every decade would be good.

This him?

ade-akinbiyi.jpg

i'll believe it when i read the reviews from fans of the club he goes on loan to.

never believed the hype of our youth team. even when king was breaking through, gardner looked so much better!

Hhmm yeah that's it. In 20 years we've produced, who were any good, scumbell, Carr, king, caulker.

Not holding my breath.

Hhmm yeah that's it. In 20 years we've produced, who were any good, scumbell, Carr, king, caulker.

Not holding my breath.

Barmby, Young, Livermore, Crouch have all played for England. Kelly for Ireland. Probably missing some.

Back