• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Cycling thread

I'm gonna go up on Monday do not expect to see anything but cannot let this pass me by.

I am taking the lad we will watch the caravan go through, that is all the stuff before the race proper when they chuck freebies to the crowd. Was in Nice last summer and some of the women throwing out hats and biscuits oh my made me forget about the cycling. I imagine the will be big screens up all over the place, in 2007 I watched it in Green park instead of standing by the roadside. Will do the same this time.

I am taking the lad we will watch the caravan go through, that is all the stuff before the race proper when they chuck freebies to the crowd. Was in Nice last summer and some of the women throwing out hats and biscuits oh my made me forget about the cycling. I imagine the will be big screens up all over the place, in 2007 I watched it in Green park instead of standing by the roadside. Will do the same this time.

I'll take my fishing net and binoculars.

Got loads of holiday needing to be used so took a days on Monday as the tour goes down the high road at top of my road. Going to the pub to watch it go by with my old man. Interested to see just how fast these boys cycle!

I really think Kittel will upset the party today and monday by winning both stages.
Ultimately this is a great world wide advert for Yorkshire

I really think Kittel will upset the party today and monday by winning both stages.
Ultimately this is a great world wide advert for Yorkshire

Kittel wins the 1st stage, big crash involving Cav, hope he is ok....

Looks bad for him, such a shame

Absolutely gutted watching Cav cross the line like that. Dan Martin's crash in Belfast in the first stage in the Giro all over again.

Yup, the way he was lying on the ground said broken collar bone. The way he was cycling afterward holding his arm said broken collar bone. And the expression on his face says he knows his tour is over. It will be a miracle if it is not.

Cav brought it all on himself though crossing Gerran path and leaning on him with his head.

QrFjSZW.jpg

lpoTMSM.jpg

03ehlkK.jpg

With visions of Mark Cavendish’s crash flashing through most British minds, the Harrogate stage winner, Marcel Kittel, had a warning for over-enthusiastic spectators on the second and third stages of the Tour’s Grand Départ. “There were moments when I was thinking now we will crash for sure, because the spectators were taking pictures and didn’t notice we were in the road.”

At one point the newly crowned race leader said: “There were a lot of spectators in the middle of the road, then suddenly they all moved back and left a man in a wheelchair. It’s an amazing crowd here but they need to stay off the road and look out for themselves and their children.”

Kittel had observed in the buildup to the start in Yorkshire that he would be intrigued to see how safe the roads were because, when he and his team reconnoitred the opening stages, he had become aware of how in places the dry-stone walls left little space for spectators. Kittel’s team-mate Roy Curvers took a different view of the beauties of Yorkshire, however, saying on Twitter: “Big thank you to Postman Pat! Because i watched him during my youth i knew everything about these roads with stone walls on the side.”

http://www.theguardian.com/sport/2014/jul/05/marcel-kittel-tour-de-france-crowd-need-stay-off-roads

Back