• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Cycling thread

Oh right, just the wet conditions then? He looks pretty beat up in the pictures.

Basicially everyone was on edge knowing the cobbles were coming up.
Normally on a wet flat stage. People would take it easy enough and it would be pretty east to get back on when there was a crash.
But today everyone was jockeying for position at the front. It is vital to be in the very front on the cobbles. You have to go over them single file pretty much. If there's a crash in front you will be caught behind them waiting for the guy in front to get up off the ground.
So you had people trying to get to the front and you had lot of roundabouts and traffic islands to avoid. You really need to be an excellent bike handler to stop yourself falling repeatedly. Froome looks terrible on the bike and has no bike handling ability. And shockingly for a guy that suffered from so many illnesses he's looks like he's unable to ride with a little pain. Compare Froome to his teammate Geraint Thomas who rode the tour with a fractured pelvis last year or Tyler Hamilton coming 4th after breaking his collarbone on the first stage in 2003.

So if he is such a terrible handler of a bike, then was he simply lucky to win the TDF last year ???

You don't need to be a good bike handler to be good at time trailing (when you're all on your own with no one to crash in to), or climbing (where you're in a tiny grope of riders). He not great going downhill. And Froome didn't have to deal with rain last year.
As well as that Froome has this awful tendancy to look down at his pedals or power meter as he cycles. He never looks ahead.
Look at Froome here for instance crashing not looking where he's going http://youtu.be/7DCe4QVO0PE?t=12s

Was it widely known Contador was averse to the cobbles? He is going to have to pull a dramatic performance out of the bag to catch up.

I was actually surprised how well he did, I think it was more a case of nibali being brilliant and Astana making the most of the situation

I was actually surprised how well he did, I think it was more a case of nibali being brilliant and Astana making the most of the situation

Just saw the close of the Itv4 coverage and Gerraint Thomas said he sensed Contador was struggling so he helped Porte take some time out of him.

So if he is such a terrible handler of a bike, then was he simply lucky to win the TDF last year ???

No mate that is not what I mean and a cycle enthusiast would understand me. Lescott won a league championship at city last season but no one would say he was skilful. Froome and Wiggins do not have proper control and ability to control their bikes in wet conditions as was evident in Florence last year when the pussied out of it in the rain when they should have used the opportunity to improve their skill levels.

In the worlds only Cavendish(love him) and Stannard showed any skill.

Froome is the best in the world for grand tours and I think would have won the Tour De France but he has poor bicycle handling skills and judgement same as Wiggins did but Froome like Wiggins has natural physical attributes and also trains very hard I respect them for that. If they would race more classic's they would improve but I think that goes against Braislfords wishes.

Basicially everyone was on edge knowing the cobbles were coming up.
Normally on a wet flat stage. People would take it easy enough and it would be pretty east to get back on when there was a crash.
But today everyone was jockeying for position at the front. It is vital to be in the very front on the cobbles. You have to go over them single file pretty much. If there's a crash in front you will be caught behind them waiting for the guy in front to get up off the ground.
So you had people trying to get to the front and you had lot of roundabouts and traffic islands to avoid. You really need to be an excellent bike handler to stop yourself falling repeatedly. Froome looks terrible on the bike and has no bike handling ability. And shockingly for a guy that suffered from so many illnesses he's looks like he's unable to ride with a little pain. Compare Froome to his teammate Geraint Thomas who rode the tour with a fractured pelvis last year or Tyler Hamilton coming 4th after breaking his collarbone on the first stage in 2003.

Yep my thoughts as well mate, Froome looked shocked and hurt that he crashed. We are cyclists for fcuks sake, I do not care to remember how many times I have gone head over ****. It happens deal with it, instead of riding to the finish he gave up because it was if he had lost so much time on that stage he would not contend overall the was no point to carrying on.

I respect the proper old school cyclists who even if they could not win carried on to Paris because getting to the finish was important for your team. The is an obvious caveat in that if he had broken something major the was no point going on. But this is not the first time Froome has behaved like a p*ssy just like it was not the first time cav barged into an opponent.

Was it widely known Contador was averse to the cobbles? He is going to have to pull a dramatic performance out of the bag to catch up.

He is capable of making up time in the mountains especailly if Sky do not set a really high tempo all day, if the racing is slower or more stop start I think Contador's attacks will have a better chance of making bigger time gains. He is a better time trailer then Nibbles so the is a chance. Makes for the most exciting Tour for a long time for me.

Also love watching the next generation of sprinters coming through, Kittel for sure is good but the two French lads coquard and demerre I think I spelt both their names wrong haha but they look good as does Van Poppel.

bit early for that, i thought wrist fractures didn't show for a few days due to the amount of fluid around them?

he looked ****ed to me, and with wrist problems riding on cobbles in those conditions would have been ridiculous

bit early for that, i thought wrist fractures didn't show for a few days due to the amount of fluid around them?

he looked ****ed to me, and with wrist problems riding on cobbles in those conditions would have been ridiculous

nah he is a ponce I have decided so thats that. I actually have broken a wrist and did a bone in my hand at the same time, it did hurt to be fair.

Still Froome can go suck one not sure who I want to win the tour just enjoying it in a relaxed way now the man that is cycling Cavendish has been cruelly taken away from us.

Back