• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Cycling thread

I think Armstrong is suffering with narcissistic personality disorder. His inbility to take responsibilty without using excuses, the way he manipulates others etc suggests it to me.

Cav came from nowhere to win the sprint today, his lead out train got lost somewhere and he had to do it all himself.

Just after an hour of looking found a site showing the highlights, fudging good finish though im a bit worried as he says he is even lighter then last year and he did not have the same kick he normally has last year. I think he needs a little more weight for his top end speed. But at least he has a team who are not ****s this year.

He is the opposite of me as i go faster when i weigh less. Im now 12 stone 9 which is the lowesst i have weighed in 20 years i would think, was always bang on the 13 sstone which as a guy of 6 foot was not to bad.

Lost all my muscle which i got through years of labouring then doing weights. Now i actually feel a little weak in the upper arms but im trying to get all the strength into my legs.

Some of my friends think im taking it to far but i want to be in the best shape of my life this summer.

I've decided to cycle to work tomorrow, looking forward to giving Melody a nice hard ride.

~6 mile ride along the towpath there and back.

Just after an hour of looking found a site showing the highlights, fudging good finish though im a bit worried as he says he is even lighter then last year and he did not have the same kick he normally has last year. I think he needs a little more weight for his top end speed. But at least he has a team who are not ****s this year.

He is the opposite of me as i go faster when i weigh less. Im now 12 stone 9 which is the lowesst i have weighed in 20 years i would think, was always bang on the 13 sstone which as a guy of 6 foot was not to bad.

Lost all my muscle which i got through years of labouring then doing weights. Now i actually feel a little weak in the upper arms but im trying to get all the strength into my legs.

Some of my friends think im taking it to far but i want to be in the best shape of my life this summer.

You should sign up to http://www.cyclingtorrents.nl/ they already have today's stage up. He had to come from nowhere again to win today.

I have to purchase a gift for someone who is in to cycling doesnt have all the kit so to speak - rides a Boardman hybrid and happy with that - Will have a collection which should raise £150 and currently looking at a Heart rate monitor with GPS. Any advice on whats good whats not etc ?

Last edited:
Absolutely ridiculous what's happening right now in this stage.
Hope Cav can still pull this off in the midst of this mess.

Nice finish from Cav yesterday.

Hope he manages to start today....not the bronchitis.......but i think chich is in town, and when Cav delivers and a man loves you as much as he does, anything can happen.

should be back to back wins for him, he needs to get going as he's quite a few points behind, interesting that after a crash they neutralise the time differences but not the points, seems a tad unfair

Chris Froome moved into the race leader's yellow jersey at the Tour de France after obliterating all of his rivals for overall victory on the way to winning stage eight in the Pyrenees.

The 28-year-old Briton attacked just under 5km out from the summit finish at Ax 3 Domaines and went on to win by 51 seconds from Richie Porte, who completed a Team Sky one-two with an equally impressive display.

Alejandro Valverde (Movistar) dug deep to take third, 1min 8sec behind, but Alberto Contador (Saxo-Tinkoff) could not match Froome's imperious performance and crossed the line eighth, 1min 45sec behind his rival.

Cadel Evans (BMC) and Joaquim Rodriguez (Katusha) also endured a torrid days, finishing more than four minutes and two minutes down respectively as they too failed to live with Team Sky's electric climbing.
Driving seat

The result means Froome is now in pole position to succeed Sir Bradley Wiggins and become Britain's second consecutive Tour winner.

He entered the race as the overwhelming favourite and fully justified that status with a exhilirating burst on the day's final climb that will live long in the memory.

Porte's relentless pace on the lower slopes of the climb to Ax 3 Domaines had reduced the front group to just five men - himself, Froome, Contador, Roman Kreuziger (Saxo-Tinkoff) and Alejandro Valverde - and sensing his rivals were struggling under the strain, Froome seized the moment by launching an attack just as breakaway rider Nairo Quintana (Movistar) was being caught by the group.

Quintana, who had attacked brilliantly on the day's penultimate climb, the hors-categorie Col de Pailheres, briefly tried to follow, but Froome's injection of speed was too fierce and the Colombian was soon dropped.

As Froome swiftly opened up a healthy gap at the head of the race, Contador was suffering badly and by the 3km-to-go banner, the second favourite for overall victory was already a minute behind.
Valverde limits losses

With his team duties done, Porte turned attention to riding for second place and had little trouble in also dropping the chasers, with only Valverde offering up any sort of challenge.

The Spaniard fought gamely to reduce his arrears to Froome and Porte, but back down the road, Contador continued to wilt.

The 2007 and 2009 Tour winner was in such poor condition in the closing kilometres he was caught and passed by a handful of riders, while team-mate Kreuziger repeatedly had to wait for him.

Belkin duo Bauke Mollema and Laurens ten Dam climbed superbly to take fourth and fifth on the stage respectively.

The outcome saw Froome also take the lead of the mountains classification, while Quintana moved into the best young rider's white jersey.

Stage eight result

1 Chris Froome (GB) Team Sky, 5:03:18
2 Richie Porte (Aus) Team Sky, +51secs
3 Alejandro Valverde (Spa) Movistar +1:08
4 Bauke Mollema (Ned) Belkin, +1:10
5 Laurens Ten Dam (Ned) Belkin, +1:16
6 Mikel Nieve (Spa) Euskaltel-Euskadi, +1:34
7 Roman Kreuziger (Cze) Saxo-Tinkoff, +1:45
8 Alberto Contador (Fra) Saxo-Tinkoff, same time
9 Nairo Quintana (Col) Movistar, st
10 Igor Anton (Spa) Euskaltel-Euskadi, st
Selected other
26 Cadel Evans (Aus) BMC, +4:13

General classification

1 Chris Froome (GB) Team Sky, 32:15:55
2 Richie Porte (Aus) Team Sky, +51secs
3 Alejandro Valverde (Spa) Movistar +1:25
4 Bauke Mollema (Ned) Belkin, +1:44
5 Laurens Ten Dam (Ned) Belkin, +1:50
6 Roman Kreuziger (Cze) Saxo-Tinkoff, +1:51
7 Alberto Contador (Fra) Saxo-Tinkoff, +1:51
8 Nairo Quintana (Col) Movistar, +2:02
9 Joaquim Rodriguez (Spa) Katusha, +2:31
10 Michael Rogers (Aus) Saxo-Tinkoff, +2-40

Chris Froome survived a dramatic ninth stage of the Tour de France to retain the yellow jersey as Ireland's Dan Martin sprinted to an historic victory.

Martin (Garmin-Sharp) broke away alongside Jakob Fuglsang (Astana) on the last of the day's five climbs and went on to become only the fifth Irishman to win a Tour stage.

Team Sky's Froome kept hold of the race lead, but only after coming under intense pressure right from the first kilometre of punishing and action-packed stage in the Pyrenees.

Early attacks on the day's first climb set a frantic pace in the peloton that saw hordes of riders dropped, including all of Froome's Team Sky team-mates except Richie Porte.

But then Porte also fell away when Movistar moved to the front of the main bunch on the second climb, the category-one Col de Mente, leaving Froome to see out the remaining 125km on his own.
Porte falls away

Groups were scattered all over the road and it was only after a five-man breakaway was finally formed that the stage settled down.

Movistar kept the pressure on over the Col de Peyresourde and Col de Val Louron Azet, and it looked inevitable that they would bombard Froome with attacks on the final climb of La Hourquette d'Ancizan.

But other than a series of four short, sharp bursts from Nairo Quintana, all of which Froome chased down, the Spanish team failed to endanger the Briton's overall lead.

Martin and Fuglsang also attacked, 35km out, and were allowed to open up a gap of 46 seconds going over the summit and on to the 30km descent to the finish line.

Belkin started chasing the duo and cut the lead to under 30 seconds, but when other teams refused to help out, the advantage plateaued and Martin and Fuglsang were left to battle for the stage win between them.
Martin makes history

Birmingham-born Martin moved ahead going into the final corner, 150m out, and then sprinted into Irish cycling history, joining Seamus Elliott, Sean Kelly, Stephen Roche and Martin Earley as the country's only Tour stage winners.

The main bunch followed 20 seconds later, with Froome, Alberto Contador (Saxo-Tinkoff), Joaquim Rodriguez (Katusha), Alejandro Valverde (Movistar) and Cadel Evans (BMC) all present.

However, Porte, who had been second on the general classification, continued to hemorrhage time after being dropped and eventually crossed the line almost 18 minutes down.

There was more bad news for Team Sky, when Vasil Kiryienka failed to reach the finish before the time limit and was consequently eliminated from the race.

Stage nine result

1 Daniel Martin (Ire) Garmin-Sharp, 4:43:03
2 Jakob Fuglsang (Den) Astana, st
3 Michal Kwiatkowski (Pol) Omega Pharma - Quick-Step, +20sec
4 Daniel Moreno (Spa) Katusha, st
5 Joaquim Rodriguez (Spa) Katusha, st
6 Cadel Evans (Aus) BMC, st
7 Wout Poels (Ned) Vacansoleil-DCM, st
8 Bauke Mollema (Ned) Belkin, st
9 Daniel Navarro (Spa) Cofidis, st
10 Maxime Monfort (Bel) RadioShack-Leopard
Selected others
13 Alberto Contador (Spa) Saxo-Tinkoff, st
14 Chris Froome (GB) Team Sky, st

General classification

1 Chris Froome (GB) Team Sky, 36:59:18
2 Alejandro Valverde (Spa) Movistar, +1:25
3 Bauke Mollema (Ned) Belkin, +1:44
4 Laurens ten Dam (Ned) Belkin, +1:50
5 Roman Kreuziger (Cze) Saxo-Tinkoff, +1:51
6 Alberto Contador (Spa) Saxo-Tinkoff, same time
7 Nairo Quintana (Col) Movistar, +2:02
8 Daniel Martin (Ire) Garmin-Sharp, +2:28
9 Joaquim Rodriguez (Spa) Katusha, +2:31
10 Rui Costa (Por) Movistar, +2:45

Other jerseys

- Green (points classification): Peter Sagan (Svk) Cannondale
- Polka dot (mountains classification): Pierre Rolland (Fra) Europcar
- White (best young rider): Nairo Quintana (Col) Movistar

Absoultey 100 5 fudged today, i after a year of waiting had my taste of cycling today and raced part of todays route with a few others after the tour had gone past. 20 of us together racing each other and i finished 16th :( my calfs i have to keep checking to see they are on fire or not.

Got some lovely pictures of cav in Nice that if someone tells me how to upload i will try. Man he is short, also got some good shots of the yellow jersey signing in. Said hello to Cadel Evans and wished him luck, but then got into a fight with a French clown shoe who thought it was ok to walk around the signing on stage with thoushands of people with a tandem bike, dingdonghead.

Good trip some lovely videos of the guys cycling hard and some great shots of the mountains, i really do love France just ahsame it is full of the french.

o/t if the are any Norwegians on here can you tell me if the are any Norwegians left in Norway, because i think they are all over here, lovely people though and boy do they know how to drink.

Back