• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Cycling thread

Latest story going around is that Armstrong is prepared to tell all about the UCI cover up and bribes. Take the whole lot down with him in an attempt to get his ban reduced.

That would be something. However, I can't see a hard hotting interview by Oprah providing much help with that.

I suppose if he feels he can't convince people that it was all a conspiracy against him, then trying to bring down everyone from the UCI down is the next best option. It could take some of the attention away from himself. The UCI were always part of the problem, so it could be a good thing.

Me too. He had a lot of people vigorously defending his innocence for years. All he needs is to admit doping like everyone else and then he is just another doped cyclist within a corrupt system. Bringing down the UCI could help convince many of his fans that it was the system and not him.

This of course ignores how he was an enthusiastic part of the system. Persuading others to dope, shutting down whistle-blowers in races or the courts, destroying LeMond's business, using courts to shut down news and criticism, not to mention lying in court for financial gain. But his fans denied all this for years, so a few tears on Oprah's couch might be enough to get some of them back.

Me too. He had a lot of people vigorously defending his innocence for years. All he needs is to admit doping like everyone else and then he is just another doped cyclist within a corrupt system. Bringing down the UCI could help convince many of his fans that it was the system and not him.

This of course ignores how he was an enthusiastic part of the system. Persuading others to dope, shutting down whistle-blowers in races or the courts, destroying LeMond's business, using courts to shut down news and criticism, not to mention lying in court for financial gain. But his fans denied all this for years, so a few tears on Oprah's couch might be enough to get some of them back.

What he did to that man was a disgrace and i do not think im going over the top to say if anyone tried that on me they would not live to raise their children. To bring out all that stuff about LeMond's childhood was disgusting and shows what a nasty bitter man he is.

I now put Armstrong above campbell in the **** stakes.

Latest story going around is that Armstrong is prepared to tell all about the UCI cover up and bribes. Take the whole lot down with him in an attempt to get his ban reduced.

IOC member dingdong Pound says they could consider throwing cycling out of the Olympics if UCI are found to be involved in doping.

What he did to that man was a disgrace and i do not think im going over the top to say if anyone tried that on me they would not live to raise their children. To bring out all that stuff about LeMond's childhood was disgusting and shows what a nasty bitter man he is.

I now put Armstrong above campbell in the **** stakes.

That was Floyd Landis!

Armstrong only tried to ruin his business.

Details going round of the English stages at the start of the 2014 Tour de France.
First stage of 2014 Tour de France will be Leeds-Harrogate.
2nd 2014 Tour stage is York-Sheffield, 8 climbs promised.
3rd stage will be Cambridge-London, same finish as Olympic race.
Then to France...

fudge Lance Armstrong. He was the major beneficiary of any corruption in cycling. He got the dollars. He got the jerseys. He got the Hollywood girlfriends.

Now it's all coming crashing down he wants to make himself a hero by being a "whistle blower"?

We have another name for that in Chino. He's a rat.

fudge him. I hope cycling is corrupt all the way to the very top (in fact I'm sure it is) and I hope they get away with it and Lance is hung out to dry all by himself. It's the least he deserves.

fudge Lance Armstrong. He was the major beneficiary of any corruption in cycling. He got the dollars. He got the jerseys. He got the Hollywood girlfriends.

Now it's all coming crashing down he wants to make himself a hero by being a "whistle blower"?

We have another name for that in Chino. He's a rat.

fudge him. I hope cycling is corrupt all the way to the very top (in fact I'm sure it is) and I hope they get away with it and Lance is hung out to dry all by himself. It's the least he deserves.

Depends whether you care about the sport tbh.
Most people just cared about Armstrong no real interest in cycling as a sport.
They loved Armstrong now they hate him and hope he's hung out to dry.

People who care about cycling, some will always have a vendetta against Armstrong because how he behaved.
Others just want to see a clean sport emerge and if Armstrong can help bring the UCI leadership down then great, they don't give a crap what happens him either way, he's an irrelevance to the future of cycling.

My fear is the UCI will hide any positive tests for the next year just so they can say the sport is clean.

I care about the sport. There are some fantastic sportsmen and women who will now always have an element of doubt about them because of what Armstrong did. I can't even begin to think that someone like Stuart O'Grady was a drug cheat, but we'll never really know.

Because I'm sure when this Oprah interview sees the light of day, we'll hear about how EVERYBODY did it.

the thing is, not everybody did it, there were holdouts like Bassons who had their life ruined by trying to pursue an honest career, cycling needs a purge and armstrong coming clean might help

its should never be forgotten what an odious **** the man is though

I care about the sport. There are some fantastic sportsmen and women who will now always have an element of doubt about them because of what Armstrong did. I can't even begin to think that someone like Stuart O'Grady was a drug cheat, but we'll never really know.

Because I'm sure when this Oprah interview sees the light of day, we'll hear about how EVERYBODY did it.

But he'd be right in a way. The people who were trying to compete against Armstrong usually were all doping.

But the likes of O'Grady, no way was he doping.

After Festina there were many in cycling prepared to go clean in 1999. But after they saw they way the UCI covered up Armstrong positive test in that tour that year the knew there was no point. If the UCI made an example of Armstrong back then, the sport might of cleaned itself up. But they just saw the dollar signs and followed the Armstrong gold. And the same people are still in charge.

So much for that. No full confession from Armstrong.
Lied about being clean during his comeback cynically in an attempt to get his ban reduced.
If his doping stopped in 2005 it wouldn't be within the statute of limitations etc.
There's no way he finished 3rd in the 2009 tour clean at the age of 37.

Back