• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Cristian Romero

With the timing of the international breaks in the next few weeks and months (two more after the one he's just left for), and the current situation with quarantine isolation, it's looking like the impact of him being part of the Argentina squad will mean that he can't really be part of our first team until December.
He won't be able to have a sustained period of training with his Spurs teammates, or a run of games, until then.

Seriously annoying, but at the same time we can be thankful that it seems Sanchez and Dier have upped their games and that Rodon should be back soon from injury
It's terrible timing for us. Lo Celso and Romero are the two closest players for first X1 integration. Then this.

Sanchez could be in that same international boat.

It's terrible timing for us. Lo Celso and Romero are the two closest players for first X1 integration. Then this.

Sanchez could be in that same international boat.

Sanchez is in that same international boat, in fact its slightly worse with Sanchez as his final game is later. I read something about an informal agreement we have with these players though that they'll skip the last international of the break and come back sooner

I see that Rodon has pulled out of the Wales squad so at least his injury cant get worse

Real unfortunate situation. Can understand Romero and Lo Celso wanting to participate if they can. Particularly for Lo Celso the competition is real regarding the World Cup.

Hoping some solution can be found so they don't have to miss all the games and as much training. If this becomes a repeating issue through the first part of the season we'll struggle to integrate Romero and Lo Celso won't have the chance to settle into our new system.

Hoping it's less of a problem than it currently seems, but right now it looks a real headache.

Have you have missed the narrative in argentinian football for the last 5 or 6 years?

The entire world thinks the rest of the Argentinian players have let Messi down.

Imagine how bably thought of they are in Argentina.

Meanwhile Messi is on Whatsapp telling them to get the team to Qatar or else they are out of the team.

This is Messi's last chance to win the World Cup and every Argentina player will be willing to quarantine for months to help win him it.

Have you have missed the narrative in argentinian football for the last 5 or 6 years?

The entire world thinks the rest of the Argentinian players have let Messi down.

Meanwhile Messi is on Whatsapp telling them to get the team to Qatar or else they are out of the team.

This is Messi's last chance to win the World Cup and every Argentina player will be willing to quarantine for months to help win him it.

Nothing like a bit of over exaggeration.

If Argentina can’t get through qualifying missing the PL players then they have zero chance at the World Cup. Their route to qualification can’t be that difficult. I’m sure if England missed half a dozen players we would still be favourites to top our group by some way.

If Argentina can’t get through qualifying missing the PL players then they have zero chance at the World Cup. Their route to qualification can’t be that difficult. I’m sure if England missed half a dozen players we would still be favourites to top our group by some way.

They are playing Brazil during this international window, also Romero is generally regarded as Argentina's best central defender while Lo Celso starts in midfield for them

Surely by now you know the Conmebol qualfication process is an absolute nightmare?

England have to turn up to two games against Poland (27th ranked team) then sleepwalk through games against Albania(69th), Hungary(37th), Andorra(156th) and San Marino(209th).

By contrast Argentina have to slog through 18 games. The have to play every South American team twice. The play the 2nd, 13th, 15th, 20th, 22th, 33th and 40th teams. The two worst teams in the tournament, Ecuador and Bolivia play their home game at altitute. Only 4 go through. 5th going to a play off.

Last time out Argentina only secured their spot on the last game away to Ecuador.
2010 they finished 4th on the last day by beating Uruguay and sending them in a play off.
1994 the were trashed by the that Colombia team 5-0 on the last day. They had to go into a play off against Australia. This crisis brought Maradona out of retirement.

So they don't take qualifying lightly.

Surely by now you know the Conmebol qualfication process is an absolute nightmare?

England have to turn up to two games against Poland (27th ranked team) then sleepwalk through games against Albania(69th), Hungary(37th), Andorra(156th) and San Marino(209th).

By contrast Argentina have to slog through 18 games. The have to play every South American team twice. The play the 2nd, 13th, 15th, 20th, 22th, 33th and 40th teams. The two worst teams in the tournament, Ecuador and Bolivia play their home game at altitute. Only 4 go through. 5th going to a play off.

Last time out Argentina only secured their spot on the last game away to Ecuador.
2010 they finished 4th on the last day by beating Uruguay and sending them in a play off.
1994 the were trashed by the that Colombia team 5-0 on the last day. They had to go into a play off against Australia. This crisis brought Maradona out of retirement.

So they don't take qualifying lightly.

Good post! The World Cup isn't much more than a year away (November 2022) and missing qualification games is a sure fire way of getting yourself out the reckoning for selection. Both our Argies are in serious contention if not guaranteed starters. I do worry that this might not be the only time we have to deal with them going missing for chunks of the season.

After travelling the whole way to Argentina, Romero isn't even on the bench tonight.

That knee injury is obviously worse than we thought.

After travelling the whole way to Argentina, Romero isn't even on the bench tonight.

That knee injury is obviously worse than we thought.

Or just being saved for brazil. Kane will probably not start against Andorra.

If it was that bad he wouldn't have gone at all.

I can't believe he flew out knowing he was suspended for the first game just to play against Brazil.
And the Brazil game lasted 5 minutes!

I can't see him being allowed to fly home (or to Croatia) anytime soon.

Why did Argentina call up PL players if they knew that they wouldn’t be granted legal entrance in to Brazil? I’m confused

Everyone's confused. It will be a while till we get a full picture of what happened.

Knowing our luck, both players will receive international fifa bans after Spurs tried to do the right thing by releasing them for international duty.

Romero has massively taken the tinkle out of Spurs over this and as I said in the Lo Celso thread this is not the way to start your career at a new club.
I'm really fudged off over this whole shambles and this tinkle taking clam has barely kicked a ball for us.

Romero has massively taken the tinkle out of Spurs over this and as I said in the Lo Celso thread this is not the way to start your career at a new club.
I'm really fudged off over this whole shambles and this tinkle taking clam has barely kicked a ball for us.

The kid wanted to play for his country against their biggest rivals. In a world cup qualifier. The club gave permission. Other clubs didn't.

It's not his fault there's a pandemic on or that fifa couldn't arrange it better.

Back