• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Cristian Romero

No he was a star at the time. Remember being very surprised and delighted we got him. Started playing for ajax at an early age.

He a promising talent - he was not a star. If he was, we would not have got him for 11 million.

Also, we only bought him because our negotiations for another midfielder (cannot remember the name) fell through late in the window and he was a last minute buy

He a promising talent - he was not a star. If he was, we would not have got him for 11 million.

Also, we only bought him because our negotiations for another midfielder (cannot remember the name) fell through late in the window and he was a last minute buy

He won the league with ajax 3 times, had scored goals in the cl. Was ajaxs best player and voted denmarks best player and had played 30 times for his country. He was more than promising. Not saying he was world class. But people knew him.

He had a year left on his contract when we bought him - hence the reduced fee

The only one of the 7 i had heard of. Danny rose might have a point.
I knew of Eriksen who like you say was an established name. There were some doubts about his mentality which is why I think bone of the bigger club's had swooped in for him. I was also a fan of Capoue who was seen as a serious talent (coincidentally coming through at Toulouse at the same time as Sissoko). Soldado of course was a very well known and experienced striker, probably the best known of the lot.

I knew of Eriksen who like you say was an established name. There were some doubts about his mentality which is why I think bone of the bigger club's had swooped in for him. I was also a fan of Capoue who was seen as a serious talent (coincidentally coming through at Toulouse at the same time as Sissoko). Soldado of course was a very well known and experienced striker, probably the best known of the lot.

True, had heard of soldado.

This was more promising. Seemed to show that he has a decent passing range, able to advance forward without immediately causing cold sweats among spectators. Aggressive too. More of this!

He's aggressive as fudge, and will come a long way for the ball.

Quite hilariously he got into a goal scoring position in the box as well, almost pulled it off.

He's aggressive as fudge, and will come a long way for the ball.

Quite hilariously he got into a goal scoring position in the box as well, almost pulled it off.
Yeah, even on a yellow he was pushing up quite a lot, though not reckless in the actual tackle on the yellow. Might have been how the game was flowing, but looks very much like his first instinct kicking in.

Liked his passing. Composed, some purposeful passes, decent range. All of it was with little to no pressure on him, will be interesting to see how he is on the ball when we're put under pressure.

Indeed he did some really impressive things yesterday (tackles, interceptions, aggressivity*, timing, runs, passes, calmness, awareness) and some quite bizarre things for a CB with charging up the pitch, but that is expected with Romero. Looks like a cult hero in the making e.g. scoring and charging around the place, but leaving gaps and jogging back.

*Copyright M. Pochettino

Indeed he did some really impressive things yesterday (tackles, interceptions, aggressivity*, timing, runs, passes, calmness, awareness) and some quite bizarre things for a CB with charging up the pitch, but that is expected with Romero. Looks like a cult hero in the making e.g. scoring and charging around the place, but leaving gaps and jogging back.

*Copyright M. Pochettino
He's going to be a lot of fun.

No he was a star at the time. Remember being very surprised and delighted we got him. Started playing for ajax at an early age.
Don't remember like that, myself.

Not many clubs were after him and the transfer made few headlines.

Not only was he a star before we signed him I remember when Denmark came to Wembley and he ran the show against England.

With the timing of the international breaks in the next few weeks and months (two more after the one he's just left for), and the current situation with quarantine isolation, it's looking like the impact of him being part of the Argentina squad will mean that he can't really be part of our first team until December.
He won't be able to have a sustained period of training with his Spurs teammates, or a run of games, until then.

Seriously annoying, but at the same time we can be thankful that it seems Sanchez and Dier have upped their games and that Rodon should be back soon from injury

Last edited:
Back