• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Cristian Romero

Can only hope so. He looked better and fitter/sharper as the World Cup progressed. Haven't heard anything about injuries or anything like that. We desperately need him back and at or close to his best as soon as possible.

Romero and Di Maria i suspect played through the world cup final with painkillers or something similar.
The jump in performance was astounding from just a few games prior. di maria especially - he ran dembele ragged.

my fear is the short term boost which results in some long term issues. we will know with romero soon enough, with no injuries cited, I fully expect him to be in the next game.

Romero and Di Maria i suspect played through the world cup final with painkillers or something similar.
The jump in performance was astounding from just a few games prior. di maria especially - he ran dembele ragged.

my fear is the short term boost which results in some long term issues. we will know with romero soon enough, with no injuries cited, I fully expect him to be in the next game.
Di Maria had a number of injuries and it’s possible he had got over them…. But who knows
Wouldn’t be surprised if it was a case of pain killers

Forgetting the 3000 people that lived on those rocks are we?

Hahahah not at all but it's a tough argument to suggest we should have been anywhere near it in the first place like a number of places especially 8000 miles away and it's an even tougher argument to suggest that we should be judging the Argies for daring to think of us negatively due to our history.

Anyway that's by the by the original point remains, again if people believe the words "and to the f@#£ing English we don't forget" in a football song that then goes on to referencing other nations "five time world cup winners" is hate speech then I would suggest standing back from extra Brandy Butter

I'm not going to engage in that part anymore because it's just a ridiculous POV to suggest it's hate

More importantly we need him back, he is by miles our best defender. Come back soon Cuti

Last edited:
As @Grays_1890 says we need him back ASAP. Our backline needs more quality. If we have Romero back fit and stable, with Dier in the central birth and Lenglet on the left, we have 3 decent players. I'd stick with Doherty. And then rotate Sessegnon and Perisic.

Ideally we'd sign another CB and sell Snachez but if the right player is not available, we may have to wait until the summer. Better to spend big on the right player in the summer than add more mediocrity.

Hahahah not at all but it's a tough argument to suggest we should have been anywhere near it in the first place like a number of places especially 8000 miles away and it's an even tougher argument to suggest that we should be judging the Argies for daring to think of us negatively due to our history.

Anyway that's by the by the original point remains, again if people believe the words "and to the f@#£ing English we don't forget" in a football song that then goes on to referencing other nations "five time world cup winners" is hate speech then I would suggest standing back from extra Brandy Butter

I'm not going to engage in that part anymore because it's just a ridiculous POV to suggest it's hate

More importantly we need him back, he is by miles our best defender. Come back soon Cuti
Anyone that hasn't sung a slightly questionable football song can continue this debate.
Form an orderly queue.....

Forget the Falklands, you bought that up yourself.

If I was living in Argentina and singing about what a bunch of clams they are and went back to work with the Argentinian team captain I would expect, at the very least, an awkward conversation.

He also tried to take out Hugo.

Regardless of how effective he is, these things won’t help the dressing room will they. You just don’t want to hear it.

Nothing about not wanting to hear it, it's about not agreeing about the rubbish being spouted about the song being sung being a hate crime.

On the Hugo thing I would expect them to have already broached that post game but yeh I agree that challenge is something that doesn't help things. Although I also imagine pro sports people see these things differently in the context of the game than as fans

It’s rubbish is it. Yet you also bring forward a notion that Argentinians have reason to do this. So if they did chose to be abusive about us, they have a right to do so.

You turn the other cheek if you like that is not how issues get resolved, and to me, this is an issue- not life nor death, but something I would take up myself.

I said I understand why they would sing about us because of our history, not sure how hard that is to grasp.

I also don't think based on the contents of the song that it's hate speech

It's not called turning the cheek it's called it being a non issue

Fair enough, I can see you want it to go away. You think I’m a fat drunk engorged on brandy butter.

Because a little bit of abuse should be ignored, it help makes the wheels go round.

But still I see it, as there it is.

Yeh I mean the press and fans are really baying for Romero over the song......

.....Oh no its just you

.....Oh no its just you

Tbf if it was england players singing fudge the argie c**ts! The media and people would be in an uproar. But yes when it's about us we're used to it and don't really get offended. Many thinking we somehow deserve it.

Whole thing it's a bit fudged up when you think about it.

.....Oh no its just you
The only thing 'baying' for Romero is Salt Bae.
salt-bae-prying-the-world-cup-trophy-from-cristian-romero-v0-kpfe3FV1BhPxrKbjNXlRsLpW_kkH2HlpblP4kSuChXA.png

I'm actually disappointed in Romero for not flinging his kid to the ground so he could kick Salt Bae into the stands for even being anywhere near the trophy, let alone touching it and using it as a prop for his own purposes.

Tbf if it was england players singing fudge the argie c**ts! The media and people would be in an uproar. But yes when it's about us we're used to it and don't really get offended. Many thinking we somehow deserve it.

Whole thing it's a bit fudged up when you think about it.

But he didn't sing that, they sung "and to the f@£King English we don't forget" and in the context of the history it's not about saying we deserve it its that I understand why they might sing it.

If the English sang the same lyrics in context of the hand of GHod for example what would be so outrageous about saying "and to the fudging argies we dont forget?

I can't speak for the English media but as fans and British we have pretty much said, sung and done what we want for hundreds of years so I find it cringing, not deserving, that we now jump on a changing room song about all their opponents.

At the end of the day, if a players had a poor game or a good game I can understand people having a point of view, I myself don't rate Emerson but I would at least stick to football reasons for that....not faux outrage or embellishment of the song itself to make it sound worse than it was

The only thing 'baying' for Romero is Salt Bae.
salt-bae-prying-the-world-cup-trophy-from-cristian-romero-v0-kpfe3FV1BhPxrKbjNXlRsLpW_kkH2HlpblP4kSuChXA.png

I'm actually disappointed in Romero for not flinging his kid to the ground so he could kick Salt Bae into the stands for even being anywhere near the trophy, let alone touching it and using it as a prop for his own purposes.

Haha, his kid looks suitably outraged

But he didn't sing that, they sung "and to the f@£King English we don't forget" and in the context of the history it's not about saying we deserve it its that I understand why they might sing it.

If the English sang the same lyrics in context of the hand of GHod for example what would be so outrageous about saying "and to the fudging argies we dont forget?

I can't speak for the English media but as fans and British we have pretty much said, sung and done what we want for hundreds of years so I find it cringing, not deserving, that we now jump on a changing room song about all their opponents.

At the end of the day, if a players had a poor game or a good game I can understand people having a point of view, I myself don't rate Emerson but I would at least stick to football reasons for that....not faux outrage or embellishment of the song itself to make it sound worse than it was

They used the word putos which in english means male prostitutes/fudging but is basically a derogatory term. Just swapped it for c***s as it's probably what we'd use.

Last edited:
Forget the Falklands, you bought that up yourself.

If I was living in Argentina and singing about what a bunch of clams they are and went back to work with the Argentinian team captain I would expect, at the very least, an awkward conversation.

He also tried to take out Hugo.

Regardless of how effective he is, these things won’t help the dressing room will they. You just don’t want to hear it.

The song brought up the Falklands. In a clear reference to the war there.

This is "hate speech". This is some hurt on the English people that requires at the very least an awkward conversation.

I just don't get it. Fair enough, I'm not English, but I just don't get how this is even a thing. It's a football chant.

The song brought up the Falklands. In a clear reference to the war there.

This is "hate speech". This is some hurt on the English people that requires at the very least an awkward conversation.

I just don't get it. Fair enough, I'm not English, but I just don't get how this is even a thing. It's a football chant.
It’s on par with 10 German bombers and singing about the united plane crash
It’s actually weird because it’s being sung by players not fans in this instance

Back