• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Cristian Romero

He got 8 yellow cards last season, committing 28 total fouls.
1 yellow card this season from 8 total fouls.
0 red cards. These numbers are from the PL.

I really hope winning the WC is a net-positive for his mentality. Having half of Argentina's female population flashing their tetas at the team bus parading through Buenos Aires must feel pretty good. It's 81 degrees (or 27 C for the rest of the world) there, but now the reality of having to play in the frigid sleet against Stoke Portsmouth will be a real test of his character.

He got 8 yellow cards last season, committing 28 total fouls.
1 yellow card this season from 8 total fouls.
0 red cards. These numbers are from the PL.

I really hope winning the WC is a net-positive for his mentality. Having half of Argentina's female population flashing their tetas at the team bus parading through Buenos Aires must feel pretty good. It's 81 degrees (or 27 C for the rest of the world) there, but now the reality of having to play in the frigid sleet against Stoke Portsmouth will be a real test of his character.

Not the terrible record people harp on about

For all my defense of him there is certainly a middle ground on it. I do think some jump on his cynical challenges abit too much at times as in some important transitions you have to take the sacrifice to stop the opposition, slow the game, break a dangerous moment and Romero is one of those players who is adept at it and all great teams are good at it, thinking back to city and Fernadinho. Sometimes it's the best of two evils, take the card or the increased danger of conceding

Great points. I should add that I am not against a cynical foul, indeed, very important, what I am talking about are the ones where a game is at 2 or 3-0 and there’s an absolute rinsing dished out straight through from the back which hovvers in the orange zone.

I think we all want the same; Cuti to now become the best of his generation, smartening up a bit whilst not losing one single tooth.

I wonder if Cuti is going to come back fit and firing. After what looked like an injury wobble in the early group games, he looked fine in the ko stages.

It almost served as a second pre season for him.

I just hope he wasn't getting thru games with medical assistance?

I’m more worried about his challenge on Hugo in the final and his teams singing anti British songs in the changing room. There are going to be some awkward conversations.

His mentality on the pitch tends to lead to results - important, but it’s not really why we watch football.

TBF he is Argentinian so why would anyone be shocked about anti English songs? I would expect them to dislike us or at the very least wouldn't be shocked if some don't...

We are in an age where we need to stand against hate speech.

If you won’t do it for yourself, your family, communities, society and pretty much everything that represents you, who will you do it for?

Personally I would have a serious word.

Hate speech? Stone the crows

We gave then no notice and went out to slaughter them over a lump of rock nowhere near the UK, its always going to sting.

The wording of the song was "f@£King English, the Falklands we dont forget" then went on to other subjects, so it's a far reach to call it hate

Anyway have a good Christmas and New Year

Last edited:

We gave then no notice and went out to slaughter them over a lump of rock nowhere near the UK, its always going to sting.

The wording of the song was "f@£King English, the Falklands we dont forget" then went on to other subjects, so it's a far reach to call it hate

I'm all for self determination but Britain really has no right to the Falklands. Banning Argentines from moving there means we would always win a referendum wh8ch is not really in the spirit of fair play.

Could say the same about Gibraltar to be fair. Quick look on the map tells you that

The Spanish need to give back the canaries. The EU also need to stop raping the west coast of Africa, what they are doing to the coat in the name of fishing is the sort of barbarian antics I expect of those gangsters.

So the Argies should have some automatic like for the English and not sing anti English songs? Sounds weird logic to me, abit like when loads got a lip on because Andy Murray made derogatory comments about the English.

I don't expect anyone to have awkward conversations with Romero because of a few changing rooms songs

People still think Andy Murray wore a Paraguay shirt during the 2006 World Cup. He has an English wife, English relatives and lives in London (he could live anywhere in the world, he has enough money but he chooses to live in this country) but he’s really anti English apparently.

If that is "hate speech" a lot of chanting at football stadiums needs to stop.

People still think Andy Murray wore a Paraguay shirt during the 2006 World Cup. He has an English wife, English relatives and lives in London (he could live anywhere in the world, he has enough money but he chooses to live in this country) but he’s really anti English apparently.

Like a lot of Scots andy Murray has absolutely nothing against England, the English and even English sports teams, but he/we do have issues with the English media.
The same issues i hear a lot English people moan about.

If that is "hate speech" a lot of chanting at football stadiums needs to stop.

Haha imagine banning "we hate Arsenal" as hate speech

I doubt people have even watched the video who call it hate speech either, literally mention us and every other nation they play at football, All light hearted stuff TBH

Some need to lay of thr brandy butter I reckon

Last edited:
We are in an age where we need to stand against hate speech.

If you won’t do it for yourself, your family, communities, society and pretty much everything that represents you, who will you do it for?

Personally I would have a serious word.

Hate speech is quite a serious subject, it seems like you should look in to what it means in a bit more depth before attempting to decide whether something falls in to that catagory or not, because at the minute you're trivializing the term - Only my opinion but this isn't the hill to die on, doubling down isn't going to help but some awareness would go a long way.

Like a lot of Scots andy Murray has absolutely nothing against England, the English and even English sports teams, but he/we do have issues with the English media.
The same issues i hear a lot English people moan about.

I wouldn’t even have minded if he disliked the English national team around the time he was accused of wearing a Paraguay shirt in 2006. I’m English but that team had some odious characters with inflated egos in it; Rooney, Ashley Cole, “JT”, Gerrard. Luckily the team is far more likeable these days. It was all Tim Henman’s fault anyway, he jokingly said to Murray “so you will be watching Scotland at the World Cup Andy?” And Murray responded by saying “no I’ll just root for whoever is playing England”. Was meant in jest but of course the scaremongering print media ran with it and accused him of saying he wanted anyone but England to win the World Cup. I’m glad we have a media that has freedom and licence to challenge, but the downside is they have no scruples.

Forgetting the 3000 people that lived on those rocks are we?

Back