• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Cristian Romero

But he wasn't fit enough to play the warm up game. He was injured a month ago. Like richarlison he could have come back before and played for us if he was fit. Got a bit of match fitness before the world cup. But you believe he purposefully didn't.

Yes he fudged us over during covid, yes lo celso used to be injured a lot and seemed to be fit for internationals (is he still faking). I think that has clouded your judgement.
No
My eyes have clouded my judgement
He okayed for us when he was “injured” and played well
Then I see pretty much every top Argentina player start to get “injured” knowing their clubs wouldn’t release them early. Fine with him wanting to win the World Cup but actually…. They look average and part of that is because their defence is poor, but part of it is they haven’t had competitive games. I really hope it hurts them now and they don’t win the Messi cup
Lo Celso don’t forget wanted to delay the op he needed to fix his injury to play at the cost to his club. That’s what it means for these players

No
My eyes have clouded my judgement
He okayed for us when he was “injured” and played well
Then I see pretty much every top Argentina player start to get “injured” knowing their clubs wouldn’t release them early. Fine with him wanting to win the World Cup but actually…. They look average and part of that is because their defence is poor, but part of it is they haven’t had competitive games. I really hope it hurts them now and they don’t win the Messi cup
Lo Celso don’t forget wanted to delay the op he needed to fix his injury to play at the cost to his club. That’s what it means for these players

"Pretty much every top Argentina player start to get “injured” knowing their clubs wouldn’t release them early".

How many Argentinian players were injured and missed games just before the World Cup exactly?

Had a quick look at the players who started their first game and really couldn't find that many that hadn't been involved in the last round of games.

Romero has lacked competetive games sure, also didn't play their one friendly before the World Cup. Surely if he was just "injured" he would have played?

"Pretty much every top Argentina player start to get “injured” knowing their clubs wouldn’t release them early".

How many Argentinian players were injured and missed games just before the World Cup exactly?

Had a quick look at the players who started their first game and really couldn't find that many that hadn't been involved in the last round of games.

Romero has lacked competetive games sure, also didn't play their one friendly before the World Cup. Surely if he was just "injured" he would have played?

6 players didn’t start the last round of fixtures for their clubs but played in the first game

Messi was going to be out too… but he got over the injury his club said he had, to play

there is a great documentary on the BBC iPlayer about Messi and it highlights what the World Cup means for Argentina and the players for him

Last edited:
6 players didn’t start the last round of fixtures for their clubs but played in the first game

Messi was going to be out too… but he got over the injury his club said he had, to play

there is a great documentary on the BBC iPlayer about Messi and it highlights what the World Cup means for Argentina and the players for him

Who are those 6 players?

These guys

Taglifioco

Romero

Di María

De Paul

Parades

Villaverde

I think it's a stretch at best to say that those are "pretty much every top Argentina player".

Didn't start doesn't mean didn't start because of injury or "injury". Paredes and Di María have 3 starts each in the league this season, how do you know they didn't start because of "injury"?

Taglifioco played the full last game from what I can see? I may be missing something?

Who is Villaverde?

To me this seems to be more of a narrative than an actual story. Though some examples there may have been.

I think it's a stretch at best to say that those are "pretty much every top Argentina player".

Didn't start doesn't mean didn't start because of injury or "injury". Paredes and Di María have 3 starts each in the league this season, how do you know they didn't start because of "injury"?

Taglifioco played the full last game from what I can see? I may be missing something?

Who is Villaverde?

To me this seems to be more of a narrative than an actual story. Though some examples there may have been.
Villaverde played left wing in the game (papa Gómez)
Hey you can read into it what you want
Players save themselves for what matters to them… why wouldn’t they?
Players play games to save themselves
plenty admit if after they retire

Is taglificoo still at Ajax?
What it may show is they aren’t as good as we all thought.

I agree
If he hadn’t been saving himself just in case he may have been able to get a game or 2 in and we can see what 60 mins vs Leeds did for Richarlison tonight

But if he was not fit enough to play in the friendlyfor Argentina just before the WC what makes you think he was fit enough to play in the league for us?

Not sure Conte would have let join up with the national ream if he was fit enough to play crucial matches for us.

But if he was not fit enough to play in the friendlyfor Argentina just before the WC what makes you think he was fit enough to play in the league for us?

Not sure Conte would have let join up with the national ream if he was fit enough to play crucial matches for us.
What makes you think they didn’t play some other players in that game to see how good they were?
If as a LOT of changes to the one they started the WC with

Whether due to a lack of match fitness or some other distraction, Romero's form (when he's played) has been below his best for most of this season. He's had his moments, but he's mostly been short of that dynamic, swashbuckling edge that helped us qualify for the CL last season.

Dropped today too apparently

Yep. Clearly still unfit and is going to lose his place in the starting eleven because of it, but some folks think Conte was protecting him when he said he would play with one leg if needed.

Still baffles me why folks think that of Romero. Nothing in his character indicates he'd try to deliberately miss games, ever - whether for Argentina or for us.

Yep. Clearly still unfit and is going to lose his place in the starting eleven because of it, but some folks think Conte was protecting him when he said he would play with one leg if needed.

Still baffles me why folks think that of Romero. Nothing in his character indicates he'd try to deliberately miss games, ever - whether for Argentina or for us.
Unless he has been dropped because he was crap last game
He isn’t the only one dropped

Funny how you’ll live by Conte’s word on some things but not others? Oh well, let’s just be happy he’s playing, hope he finds his top form in time for the knock-outs…

https://www.theguardian.com/footbal...ntina-brazil-abandoned?CMP=Share_iOSApp_Other

Last edited:
Funny how you’ll live by Conte’s word on some things but not others?

I don't. I assess his words in the context of his past and the situation, same as for everyone else. If it makes sense, I accept it. If it doesn't, I question his reasons for saying it.

Conte doesn't do protecting - a man like him will not tolerate deliberate shirking.

Romero, a man who had to be stopped from playing with a muscle injury multiple times, is also not the sort of man to shirk a game, any game.

No offense, but it was always a fairly ludicrous position on your part to insinuate that, mate.

I don't. I assess his words in the context of his past and the situation, same as for everyone else. If it makes sense, I accept it. If it doesn't, I question his reasons for saying it.

Conte doesn't do protecting - a man like him will not tolerate deliberate shirking.

Romero, a man who had to be stopped from playing with a muscle injury multiple times, is also not the sort of man to shirk a game, any game.

No offense, but it was always a fairly ludicrous position on your part to insinuate that, mate.
When was he stopped playing?

Back