• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Cristian Romero

You were defending Dier and stating that Romero doesn't get criticised despite not being available so I responded directly to that comment. Hence the mention of Dier which was exactly who you were talking about exclusively. If you had mentioned any other players they would also have been mentioned.

Sent from my XQ-BC72 using Fapatalk

I know what I am saying mate. You chose a specific goal to comment on, frankly you could've chosen Dier's mistakes against Sporting and Liverpool and I'd have agreed with you. Instead, you chose a specific goal where several players were accountable, yet you only named him. BTW, I did not start with a ‘desire’ to ‘defend Dier’, however when increasingly faced with people (not necessarily you) who approach matches with the idea that he will be at fault/is at fault based on the internet, I can’t let it go. And I won’t. Either here or in person I won’t personally tolerate idiotic torrents of vitriolic abuse, racists or homophobes when I go to games (I always speak up), and won’t do it here either mate. You can add Royal to the list, some of our ‘finest’ did it to Winks, the abuse Sissoko got for nearly 12 months was madness, and hear me on this, I am not ‘anti-criticism’, I am anti-spacegoating. Anyway, I feel we will get nowhere with this conversation, so all good and onwards mate…

Last edited:
I know what I am saying mate. You chose a specific goal to comment on, frankly you could've chosen Dier's mistakes against Sporting and Liverpool and I'd have agreed with you. Instead, you chose a specific goal where several players were accountable, yet you only named him. BTW, I did not start with a ‘desire’ to ‘defend Dier’, however when increasingly faced with people (not necessarily you) who approach matches with the idea that he will be at fault/is at fault based on the internet, I can’t let it go. And I won’t. Either here or in person I won’t personally tolerate idiotic torrents of vitriolic abuse, racists or homophobes when I go to games (I always speak up), and won’t do it here either mate. You can add Royal to the list, some of our ‘finest’ did it to Winks, the abuse Sissoko got for nearly 12 months was madness, and hear me on this, I am not ‘anti-criticism’, I am anti-spacegoating. Anyway, I feel we will get nowhere with this conversation, so all good and onwards mate…
You're missing the point. I was responding to you and you mentioned Dier. You didn't mention anyone else so I didn't either. It was a direct response to your comment.

Sent from my XQ-BC72 using Fapatalk

it was hard to watch argentina - too casual, looked like a friendly match until KSA scored two.
their strategy was either through balls and crosses... no tactics whatsoever.
defence kept falling back and very static - romero looked a bit lost or was carrying an injury.
i think the coach has to answer for a lack of tactics/tactical discipline... or perhaps it was messi running the show... but unfortunately he wassn't running around much at all

it was hard to watch argentina - too casual, looked like a friendly match until KSA scored two.
their strategy was either through balls and crosses... no tactics whatsoever.
defence kept falling back and very static - romero looked a bit lost or was carrying an injury.
i think the coach has to answer for a lack of tactics/tactical discipline... or perhaps it was messi running the show... but unfortunately he wassn't running around much at all

Interesting reading as I did not see it. Were the three offsides clear or millimetres?

Interesting reading as I did not see it. Were the three offsides clear or millimetres?

for two of them see the pics I took off the TV... Quite slick, meta-like graphics generated from the live TV frame, I suppose for close calls. the other one looked clear offside to me, no fancy graphics

i am getting worried that we bought a sicknote in romero. managed the injuries well during the loan period however all came to the fore after we signed him.
fc723a27280f72e78fac891bfac54be9.jpg
41ed36c76587608efc8c01ec5bd8b502.jpg

Last edited:
When its that close it should be allowed unless the goal was scored with the part of the body that is offside.

for two of them see the pics I took off the TV... Quite slick, meta-like graphics generated from the live TV frame, I suppose for close calls. the other one looked clear offside to me, no fancy graphics

i am getting worried that we bought a sicknote in romero. managed the injuries well during the loan period however all came to the fore after we signed him.
fc723a27280f72e78fac891bfac54be9.jpg
41ed36c76587608efc8c01ec5bd8b502.jpg
Peter Walton (sappy d*ckhead ex ref on ITV) said earlier that these images are produced by AI. There is a chip in the ball that senses when it is kicked, and the AI sees/knows/calculates where all the players are and renders those images within 2 seconds.
Nobody places the line, nobody creates it, the AI does all that.
The human just decides if the offside players are interfering with play.

Peter Walton (sappy d*ckhead ex ref on ITV) said earlier that these images are produced by AI. There is a chip in the ball that senses when it is kicked, and the AI sees/knows/calculates where all the players are and renders those images within 2 seconds.

wow. 2 seconds.
whoever owns this tech will be making lots of money from player and game data in the future.

How does the chip in the ball know where all the other players are and which team they play for plus whether they are interfering with play or not.

How does the chip in the ball know where all the other players are and which team they play for plus whether they are interfering with play or not.
The chip in the ball doesn't need to know where the players are, the AI does. It's receiving all these signals, players and ball,(time stamped, so the identical moment) and eventually placing them in that graphical form (in 2 secs no less).

For those saying 'he shouldn't be offside when it's that close', unfortunately the binary on/offline has to be drawn somewhere, what we have to accept is if they have improved the accuracy of the moment the ball is kicked and the position of the players at that moment to near perfect, then that is an improvement. And if that standard is applied to ALL teams then that is fair.

The subjective part of offside, 'intent' and 'active' is still in the hands of the referee, so that is where the arguments will continue.

Back