• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Cristian Romero

That foul was heavily influenced by the Argentinian/Brazilian hatred of each other. As blatant a yellow as I've seen all season. Kind of stupid with only 30 mins on the clock because he could have cost us the game. Bet it felt good though..

Perhaps a bit of that rivalry in it. But Romero will make a crunching tackle in that situation against most players most of the time. It's what he does. Usually he'll get the ball, but when not it's a yellow.

Not great too pick up a yellow that early, won't be the last time. He's quite used to playing on a yellow and seems to temper his aggression. Will almost certainly get sent off at some point, but that's life.

There are certain players that get slaughtered on here for the smallest of things, yet this guy never gets mentioned and any mistakes he makes are swept under the carpet. He’s often erratic and has made plenty of mistakes already. He has great potential but some talk on here as if he is top class, he has a hell of a lot to learn before he gets to that level…..

There are certain players that get slaughtered on here for the smallest of things, yet this guy never gets mentioned and any mistakes he makes are swept under the carpet. He’s often erratic and has made plenty of mistakes already. He has great potential but some talk on here as if he is top class, he has a hell of a lot to learn before he gets to that level…..

Very true . He’s got lots of faults that need to be ironed out if he’s to be a top top CB. Some of the mistakes he’s made Dier or Sanchez would get dogs abuse for.

He certainly looks a good prospect going forward but he’s certainly not the CB that some are making him out to be.

Also bit like Dier , don’t think he’s got the game to play in a CB pair.

Last edited:

Not sure about that, has been quite a few on here questioning him already.

For me he does make mistakes, he's 23 and in his first PL season, one that has included a change of manager and playing style. And he plays very aggressively. Mistakes are to be expected I think. But overall he has so much quality, for me quite easily our best CB.

I’ve seen certain educated spurs sites blaming others for every goal he has been culpable in

but he will learn I think

Not sure about that, has been quite a few on here questioning him already.

For me he does make mistakes, he's 23 and in his first PL season, one that has included a change of manager and playing style. And he plays very aggressively. Mistakes are to be expected I think. But overall he has so much quality, for me quite easily our best CB.

Yeah I've been surprised at how many people on here have questioned him so it's definitely happened. For me, he could be a top, top player but he is making mistakes and the shouting into Maguire's face yesterday was pretty classless.

Must admit that I have not seen what all the fuss has been about, but it's early days, too early to judge, especially until we get bit in front of him sorted out.

The thing that finds favour with fans is his aggression. There was one first half where Ronaldo got the ball to feet and Romero went through him (fairly) and left Ronaldo in a heap.

I don't blame Dier as much as others for the first but had he done the same, Ronaldo isn't turning or shooting.

The downside of his style is that quicker players may flick it past him and he's dead because he commits so readily. He's all action which sits well with fans and he clearly has lots of potential. But he's also making tonnes of mistakes for the same reasons.

The thing that finds favour with fans is his aggression. There was one first half where Ronaldo got the ball to feet and Romero went through him (fairly) and left Ronaldo in a heap.

I don't blame Dier as much as others for the first but had he done the same, Ronaldo isn't turning or shooting.

The downside of his style is that quicker players may flick it past him and he's dead because he commits so readily. He's all action which sits well with fans and he clearly has lots of potential. But he's also making tonnes of mistakes for the same reasons.

I put the first goal down to what happened in front of the defence, allowing Ronaldo three touches with absolutely no pressure is unforgivable. Dier should not have had to come out, someone should have been pressing Ronaldo.

Hopefully he will learn when to gamble, but his set piece defending needs work.

I put the first goal down to what happened in front of the defence, allowing Ronaldo three touches with absolutely no pressure is unforgivable. Dier should not have had to come out, someone should have been pressing Ronaldo.

Hopefully he will learn when to gamble, but his set piece defending needs work.

On the first, Ronaldo has dropped off Dier. He's the one that can see what's happened, he's in a back 3/5 so if anyone should go, it's got to be him. I wouldn't be too harsh on him, 99/100, the ball ends up in the stand or as a comfortable save for Hugo but if I was looking for a spacegoat, Dier would be it.

Back