• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Cristian Romero

That was an amazing clearance, didn't even go out for a corner.
I thought it was Sanchez when it happened.

It's so impressive I'll repeat myself. Wrong foot, hard ball in, having conceded a penalty already. No hesitation, willing to shoulder the risk and responsibility, then to execute it that will too.

I thought he really played well, what impressed me( along with his general play) was that he looked so calm and does not seem to panic in clutch situations, looking forwrad to seeing him build a great parnership with Dier.

Two good (not spectacular, but good, purposeful) involvements for the winner examplifies what you're saying in on the ball situations.

We don't score that goal without a ball playing RCB.

Finally got to watch the 2nd half and Romero really stood out for me. I had been concerned that pre his injury he looked a little dodgy at RCB Vs playing as a typical CB in flat 4. But yesterday he was so solid and composed. He looks a real leader, reads situations well and has all the confidence in the world to demand and keep the ball in high pressure situations. But unlike a Stone's he's actually good at his primary task of defending.

Sent from my XQ-BC72 using Fapatalk

Finally got to watch the 2nd half and Romero really stood out for me. I had been concerned that pre his injury he looked a little dodgy at RCB Vs playing as a typical CB in flat 4. But yesterday he was so solid and composed. He looks a real leader, reads situations well and has all the confidence in the world to demand and keep the ball in high pressure situations. But unlike a Stone's he's actually good at his primary task of defending.

Think it helps having dier back.

Seemed a harsh pen but I can see why it was given.
Same here.
Have watched the highlights a number of times as I still can't believe we won.
Thing with Romero, we know he's very committed but he really didn't need to lunge at the cross.
Had he just stood his ground he would have cleared it no problem. Having said that we wouldn't have had the spectacular ending including his great clearance at the death.

His arm being above his head is what makes it a stonewall. Was always going to get given.
Can’t believe the amount of people on here trying to claim it wasn’t a penalty. His arm was above his head and there was easily a big enough distance between the kicker and him. Can you imagine if that was a City defender doing that people on here would say it wasn’t a penalty? No chance….

Can’t believe the amount of people on here trying to claim it wasn’t a penalty. His arm was above his head and there was easily a big enough distance between the kicker and him. Can you imagine if that was a City defender doing that people on here would say it wasn’t a penalty? No chance….
I would be honest with my own feelings, I'd say it was harsh. I understand why it was given but hmmm I don't think that should be a pen. It's not intentional, I think I'm too old school sometimes. [emoji28]

His hand was at one point above his head, but it isn't when the ball huts him, it's in front of his face.

This for me too. Can see why it's given I guess, hand moves into the path of the ball and all. But think he's just trying to get his hand down.

I think it's harsh, unlucky at the very least.

Unfortunate but I don't blame Romero one bit and thought he had a solid game. Those guys there... Romero, Bentan, Kulu, Hojberg... On the right side looked like a proper defensive unit. Beat back everything a world class attack threw at them with panache. Joy to watch. I'm sure Conte appreciated that.

Left side wasn't so pretty but credit to Sess who nullified every attacker he cane across.

Unfortunate but I don't blame Romero one bit and thought he had a solid game. Those guys there... Romero, Bentan, Kulu, Hojberg... On the right side looked like a proper defensive unit. Beat back everything a world class attack threw at them with panache. Joy to watch. I'm sure Conte appreciated that.

Left side wasn't so pretty but credit to Sess who nullified every attacker he cane across.

Hm. Interesting. I thought we struggled a lot more down our right than our left. Perhaps partly the way City attacked, Cancelo offers a very different threat to Walker and is often given more freedom.

When things arrived near Romero though, often a full stop.

Hm. Interesting. I thought we struggled a lot more down our right than our left. Perhaps partly the way City attacked, Cancelo offers a very different threat to Walker and is often given more freedom.

When things arrived near Romero though, often a full stop.
City created nothing down our left
Walker played as an extra cb as you say

Haha. It was cancelo, debruyne, silva then Stirling (after he got enough of Sess on the other side)... I was expecting that we would be e posed down that side like any team would. Credit to Conte's selection and tactics... Perhaps Pep was expecting Kulu and Bentan to be mere Juve rejects.

Back